Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: Gary Cahill, Bad News...

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Has the twitching nice person said Cahill is a good player but he doesn't want to talk about another teams players but if he was going to he'd say he'd want to sign him
Sto ut Serviam

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Not yet, Old Twitcher will mention Cahill soon though
Pfffft.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 am

A Spurs supporter friend of mine (you can't be choosy over here because footie fans are not thick on the ground) figures Arsenal need a CB far more than Spurs since their walking wounded will be returning soon. He says what they need from us is Kevin Davies because they have no toughness up front (a couple of midgets, a moody Russian and the tall chap who doesn't like the heavy going). This is an improvement because a year ago when he thought Kev was a brutal Northern thug. :wink: Power of the media I guess.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

and the speculation rumbles on......

£25mill to Liverpool now - in the summer.... nowt new - but still there....
Liverpool are reportedly considering a surprise summer move for Arsenal target Gary Cahill.

The Bolton defender has long been on the radar of the north Londoners but, according to the News of the World, Liverpool are ready to rival them for his signature.

Arsenal have been linked with the 25-year-old for a number of months and – with Arsene Wenger growing increasingly frustrated with his injury-prone defence – the Gunners are understood to have been keeping tabs on the England international.

Wenger, however, remained coy over his interest in Cahill when questioned last week.

"At the moment, I cannot come out with any name," said the Arsenal boss - as reported by skysports.com.

"I think Gary Cahill is a very good player, but I cannot tell you more.

"We like to keep our transfer negotiations always very secret, because it puts more pressure on when you go public so you would understand we don't want to speak publicly about that."

Liverpool are now hoping that Arsenal fail to secure a January deal for Cahill – reports the News of the World – so they can line up a bid when the transfer window reopens in June.

It appears that this will not presently be a worry for Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish – who is reportedly a long-term admirer of the centre-back – as Arsenal are unlikely to spend big this month but instead dip into the loan market.

However, should Liverpool or Arsenal step up their reported interest, then they are expected to have to part with a hefty sum after Bolton boss Owen Coyle slapped an astronomical valuation on the head of his prized asset.