Bolton v Stoke

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Stoke

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:25 am

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:'What's long and wobbly and shoots out poo?'
Peter Crouch?

Nailed on bet now that that gag comes back to haunt me on Sunday afternoon.
Businesswoman of the year.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 am

S'alright...he's on a dry goal spell anyway so he's bound to score against us either way.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:58 am

Panic over.. Paul Merson has predicted a 2-0 win for the wanderers. A game to far for Stoke apparently :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 pm

ChrisC wrote:Panic over.. Paul Merson has predicted a 2-0 win for the wanderers. A game to far for Stoke apparently :lol:
He was doing so well till he said "nil".

He did have a gambling addiction for a reason. If he was any good at predicting things he'd have had a "being extremely rich" addiction.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Panic over.. Paul Merson has predicted a 2-0 win for the wanderers. A game to far for Stoke apparently :lol:

He did have a gambling addiction for a reason. If he was any good at predicting things he'd have had a "being extremely rich" addiction.
:D I had a pet mouse called 'Merson' when I was 15. The others were named Bergkamp and Adams 8)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:15 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
That isn't true though, is it? They didn't beat us, the annihilated us, and confidence for the rest of the season was shit.
we did muster up the balls to beat Arsenal at home AFTER the stoke debacle, though, did we not?
I heard that Bishy! Did not need to be reminded!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

:D I had a pet mouse called 'Merson' when I was 15. The others were named Bergkamp and Adams 8)
I suppose two of them kept failing off the wheel...........

pottery
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by pottery » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't think you need worry about Stoke on Sunday. We have been abysmal away in the league for some time. Despite having a decent squad now (even on paper) Pulis's one trick pony negative tactics are becoming more and more evident. The skilful players in the squad are not being able to realise their potential. You can expect a lot of balls played up the middle to Crouch who will chest in down they side volley to Walters/Jones who will lose it. This lumbering approach will continue all game, by which time you'll have a goal from a penalty, Huth upending someone. Then you'll get a second in injury time, maybe a Shawcross error.
Another reason you'll win is that you're 0 0 5 at home and that record must end.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I suppose two of them kept failing off the wheel...........
Did one crash the wheel into the ripped tissue paper having over-done it at the water feeder? :D
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:00 pm

I think you're confusing us with a team who can defend and keep a clean sheet against such basic tactics...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:04 pm

pottery wrote:I don't think you need worry about Stoke on Sunday. We have been abysmal away in the league for some time. Despite having a decent squad now (even on paper) Pulis's one trick pony negative tactics are becoming more and more evident. The skilful players in the squad are not being able to realise their potential. You can expect a lot of balls played up the middle to Crouch who will chest in down they side volley to Walters/Jones who will lose it. This lumbering approach will continue all game, by which time you'll have a goal from a penalty, Huth upending someone. Then you'll get a second in injury time, maybe a Shawcross error.
Another reason you'll win is that you're 0 0 5 at home and that record must end.
Nice to hear a sensible view from the other camp. welcome.

Your lot still playing lumbering centre-backs at full-back?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 pm

pottery wrote:I don't think you need worry about Stoke on Sunday. We have been abysmal away in the league for some time. Despite having a decent squad now (even on paper) Pulis's one trick pony negative tactics are becoming more and more evident. The skilful players in the squad are not being able to realise their potential. You can expect a lot of balls played up the middle to Crouch who will chest in down they side volley to Walters/Jones who will lose it. This lumbering approach will continue all game, by which time you'll have a goal from a penalty, Huth upending someone. Then you'll get a second in injury time, maybe a Shawcross error.

Welcome to the board mate but please lay off the sympathetic drivel we're sad enough right now.
If those tactics are working for you its a 200% improvement on our version of them and we are now supposed to be a ball to feet passing team just short of Arsenal if the jurno's and so called pundits are to be believed!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 pm

ratbert wrote:http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/203-days-later

Preview time! With added rallying cry!
Good preview, cheers Willy.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:23 pm

ratbert wrote:http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/203-days-later

Preview time! With added rallying cry!
Good stuff
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:03 pm

ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Dear Jim,

Please can you fix it for us to somehow not get dicked on sunday vs stoke...maybe some kind of flu epidemic in the stoke squad, or give their keeper the runs...not that they'd need him but hey, Pratley scored from the halfway line once, and i bet a Kevin Davies penatly would have a chance then. Anyway i'm babbling now...nothing worse than 0-2 please.

Yours,
Jimmy
Aged 35 nd a bit.
Jimmy Savile's dead, apparently.

There's always Jimmy Nail instead.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 pm

ratbert wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Dear Jim,

Please can you fix it for us to somehow not get dicked on sunday vs stoke...maybe some kind of flu epidemic in the stoke squad, or give their keeper the runs...not that they'd need him but hey, Pratley scored from the halfway line once, and i bet a Kevin Davies penatly would have a chance then. Anyway i'm babbling now...nothing worse than 0-2 please.

Yours,
Jimmy
Aged 35 nd a bit.
Jimmy Savile's dead, apparently.

There's always Jimmy Nail instead.
And you'd trust a Geordie in football matters? :mrgreen:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Excellent preview from Willy!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:42 pm

pottery wrote:Allardyces's one trick pony negative tactics are becoming more and more evident. The skilful players in the squad are not being able to realise their potential. You can expect a lot of balls played up the middle to Davies
Fcuking hell

Trust me, its not going to get any better and it will get a lot worse

Take it from one who knows
Sto ut Serviam

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

:D

Link CAPS?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Owen Coyle's side have conceded 27 goals in 10 league games this term, an average of 2.7 goals per game - comfortably the worst record in the four divisions of English football.
:doh: