REAM...............? Why?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Re: REAM...............? Why?

Post by m_taylor » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 pm

In the last few weeks I have seen Ream (and Alonso) vs Sunderland, Millwall, Palace and Everton and i have to say that they have been excellent!! By far the best two players we have had and it has been showing with our defense looking harder to break down. We need to could keep Ricketts at right back and get another center back in for Knight!

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:00 pm

Ream has looked very good recently. I think it helps that we have protection infront of the defence now. Playing two sitters in there gives the central defenders a lot more cover than previously and they're not as exposed as much.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 pm

My cheery prediction is that Ream will disappoint again in the near future. He's too lightweight and goes under the ball too often.

Hope I'm wrong.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:My cheery prediction is that Ream will disappoint again in the near future. He's too lightweight and goes under the ball too often.

Hope I'm wrong.
I've been hearing this a lot recently, and on the strength of recent performances that I've seen live, I just can't fathom it...he's been very strong for a man his size, and competent at the very least in the air.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:42 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:My cheery prediction is that Ream will disappoint again in the near future. He's too lightweight and goes under the ball too often.

Hope I'm wrong.
I've been hearing this a lot recently, and on the strength of recent performances that I've seen live, I just can't fathom it...he's been very strong for a man his size, and competent at the very least in the air.
So, you didn't see him against Millwall? I agree that he's picking up, but he's not been consistently good by any stretch.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:41 am

Other than the goal, I don't remember him standing out

And Knight was more culpable for the goal
Sto ut Serviam

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 am

Maybe similar to how Sordell has become the player we want under Dougie, Ream is starting to do the same, maybe it just took a proper manager to get him doing what we want.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:20 pm

So was he at fault today or not?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Yes. Entirely for the first goal. Woeful, abject attempt at defending. Did stop a near certain goal in the second half though. Not sure it makes up for it. Not sure at all.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Shocking defending from Ream.

Did he play at Sunderland? Cos I think if I'm right our only recent clean sheet was when he was out the side.

He's just too soft and makes too many mistakes.

Only thing that matters with a centre back is zero mistakes and stopping the other team scoring. He just doesn't do that. End of.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Shocking defending from Ream.

Did he play at Sunderland? Cos I think if I'm right our only recent clean sheet was when he was out the side.

Only thing that matters with a centre back is zero mistakes and stopping the other team scoring. He just doesn't do that. End of.
Really? Is there such a centre back in any of the leagues, really?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Really? Is there such a centre back in any of the leagues, really?
That description can fit most of the centre halves we have ever had and will get.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 pm

I think that the Watford player attempted to flick it in rather than to flick it on for himself, and it looks to me as if Ream had bought into that too, subsequently ending up on his arse when caught between two stools. Any criticism from me is reserved for Knight on their second. He makes absolutely no attempt to get across the guy lining up his shot and no attempt to block the shot whatsover. Once again Zat Knight = fecking disgrace!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Vydra did try to flick it around the corner, missed it completely and got lucky. Ream was on his heels, caught between trying to get tight and not, off-balance, and landed on his arse. In the flesh it was cringe-worthily embarrassing.

Second one was a combination of little mistakes. Vela probably for the only time in the game looked overawed, didn't really make a decision as to tackle or not allowing them to run through midfield, Ricketts got left 2v1 but let Vydra turn inside too easily, and Knight ambled over to possibly think about making a block. As long as Dawson isn't absolute wank he needs to come in for Ream. And Knight is only in because he's less shit than Ream.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Errrm palace away?

but yeah bin him and knight

dawson ricketts would be my choice