Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Just on the bus waiting to go home. Not read the thread yet.

One thing to say, we have some horrible "supporters", its no wonder we can't win again at home. Bells.

hmmmmm.... clutching at one to blame the supporters for our inability to win at home, though I understand what you are driving at... respect to you for turning out to support on a cold tuesday night - while I can moan from the comfort of my study with a coffee and a piece of chocolate cake! :D
Last edited by thebish on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:sometimes it is very hard to remain confident and not give in to the boo-ers.... :-(
Boooo. Don't say such things. :cry:

I'm not there yet - s'not really in my nature... but dougie's not giving me an easy ride here... :-(
I'm with you here Bish. Every limp wristed performance makes me lose a little more faith in him. Perhaps I need educating but this give-nowt-away-and-see-what-we-can-nick approach doesn't appear to be working! (It aint right pretty either!)
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:12 pm

thebish wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
jaffka wrote:Crap, that wasn't in the script.
Well they got their 1 as you predicted. :D
My predictions on us scoring a hatful will come right one day, this season though is making me have a terrible goal difference :?

maybe it was just a very very very very small hat? maybe you need a bigger hat??
Not sure about that as I curbed my enthusiasm by just predicting 4 for us.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 pm

thebish wrote:

One thing to say, we have some horrible "supporters", its no wonder we can't win again at home. Bells.

hmmmmm.... clutching at one to blame the supporters for our inability to win at home, though I understand what you are driving at... respect to you for turning out to support on a cold tuesday night - while I can moan from the comfort of my study with a coffee and a piece of chocolate cake! :D
Not aimed at anyone here, I've not even read the thread yet. It's pointless going to the Reebok and singing what a load of rubbish, may as well stay at home. It's pointless getting on the backs of the players. At least the players can't hear the moaners on here!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:23 pm

DJBlu wrote:How fickle are people?

Take a look at the goal that we have conceded. They have had 1 shot on target to our 5.

No chance of saving it.
Fickle? I've just sat through 90 mins of shite, 45 of it utter shite, and I'm fecking angry. Beckford missed a penalty, big deal. Tonight he had the perfect chance to put it behind him but missed what looked an easy header from where I was sitting then an absolute sitter right in front of me when we really needed it. He can feck right off.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Oh well, work in the morning... great joy
Remind me, who's up next? (away I'm presuming too).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Oh well, work in the morning... great joy
Donny @ home on Satdi I think.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Oh well, work in the morning... great joy
Home game again on Saturday...Doncaster.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 pm

of course. Wigan after. Two must wins, one because Donny are shite and the second just because.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:30 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
thebish wrote:

Not aimed at anyone here, I've not even read the thread yet. It's pointless going to the Reebok and singing what a load of rubbish, may as well stay at home. It's pointless getting on the backs of the players. At least the players can't hear the moaners on here!
There are some miserable dicks who just go to moan for sure. One a couple of rows behind me slagged Knight off after about 20 minutes for a strong headed clearance. Anyone booing or being negative at half-time is a dick.
I'm not one for booing but I stood there at the end with boos ringing out around me and just thought fair comment.
That 2nd half was absolute dogshit, I don't care what stats people have read on the internet, the better won and deservedly so.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 pm

LeverEnd wrote:That 2nd half was absolute dogshit, I don't care what stats people have read on the internet, the better won and deservedly so.
Agreed. Statistics can be deceptive and there's no way we were anything but awful tonight. A 3-0 loss wouldn't have been unfair based on how both sides performed.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:37 pm

One word to sum that up. Pathetic.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm

It really annoys me that Medo had a strop going off as well. He's been shite this season along with Spearing, absolute rubbish. Came with a big rep and looked a useful stroppy little feck* but has done very little, especially this season. Another big let down. He should be apologising for that clearance not chucking his toys out.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:47 pm

We were shite.

Lonergan - nowt to do.
McNaughton - guilty of not closing down.
Knight/Mills - nowt wrong, nowt really right.
Ream - why move him when he's been playing well? Looked lost.
Spearing - shite. Should have been him off, not Medo.
Medo - the only man who actually looked interested. No wonder he was pissed off when he was subbed.
Danns - no room to do anything.
Moritz - Shite.
Hall - decent first, shite second.
Beckford - shite. Thought he was supposed to be a fox-in-the-box? Shanked two that he should have been putting away.
Chungy - not shite. Not a game changer though. Still technically our best player.
Ngog - did nowt. Looks odd with hair.
Mason - did nowt.

Didn't close down the ball, didn't harry the opposition, no desire, no fight, no bottle, no ability, no chance.

Not. Good. Enough.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 pm

truewhite15 wrote:We were shite.

Lonergan - nowt to do.
McNaughton - guilty of not closing down.
Knight/Mills - nowt wrong, nowt really right.
Ream - why move him when he's been playing well? Looked lost.
Spearing - shite. Should have been him off, not Medo.
Medo - the only man who actually looked interested. No wonder he was pissed off when he was subbed.
Danns - no room to do anything.
Moritz - Shite.
Hall - decent first, shite second.
Beckford - shite. Thought he was supposed to be a fox-in-the-box? Shanked two that he should have been putting away.
Chungy - not shite. Not a game changer though. Still technically our best player.
Ngog - did nowt. Looks odd with hair.
Mason - did nowt.

Didn't close down the ball, didn't harry the opposition, no desire, no fight, no bottle, no ability, no chance.

Not. Good. Enough.
Agree though I think you're being too lenient, Medo was also shite!
You big softy.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Oh it was bad, but the strange thing is that if you count up the clear cut chances we should've won about 3-1. Hopefully though that isn't taken by DF as evidence to keep on keeping on. I suppose he changed things early 2nd half as some kind of acknowledgement, but it didn't do anything good.

Agree about the negativity, yes we're all watching our lot lose and it's cold, but please get a cat to kick when you get home.

First misplaced pass, or even first time the defence keep possession by going back to Lonergan, on Saturday and you bet there'll be the old RUMBLINGS and MURMURS of discontent.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Well I've just got home from my first experience of watching BWFC this season and it wasn't a great one. The team that started was OK but can anyone shed come light on why Knight came back in ahead of Baptiste at the back?
Hall looked busy and a handful and if handled correctly and teamed with the right people he could be a decent player. Moritz, if he's the managers idea of a 'gift' to me, the fan, then I'm not a very happy recipient. Missed a sitter, lazy and slower than Klasnic. He's an impact sub, nothing more. A total luxury. A bit like how Eagles (not on the bench tonight - what's the story?) was labelled last season. Spearing clearly is not the player he was last season (has he been that poor all season?). Medo gesticulated wildly and stormed down the tunnel when his number was called for the 3rd and final sub and with good reason. How Spearing stayed on and Medo was taken off is beyond my comprehension.
McNaughton was the worst man in (flashy) boots tonight. So, so bad. Nothing stuck, pass completion of about 30%. Just baaaad. Knight had a brain fart midway through the first but on the whole was OK. Mills was average. Ngog was Ngog. He's this generation's Bo Hansen. Has anyone seen him score? Or be dangerous? Danns was decent. A grafter. We just lacked any sort of cohesion.
Our hoof-it tactis were prehistoric and truly awful to sit though. The one time it worked, when make-shift forward Knight flicked it through to first choice forward Beckford, the main-man badly missed the target. At least force the keeper into a save! If this is to continue as our main method of trying to score from open play, and it culminates in one clear-cut chance per game, then we're going to need someone better than Beckford on the end of them.

I just hope our manager doesn't come out with some post-match shite about how we were 'in the game' and that 'a world-class strike was the difference on the night'. They're both technically correct statements, but it's doesn't in anyway tell the story. Workmanlike team without much work. No-one moving around, no-one passing in triangles. It was just confused and confusing. If in doubt give it a clout. I won't be going back. I've better things to spend my money on. That game was without excitement. Their goal was the obvious highlight. Great hit!

This post is about as tactically adept and thoroughly thought out as our performance was tonight. Pathetic.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Right, time for a deep breath and a pint before I brave his interview. Sorry, should I say 'lesson'.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Douglas's attempts to avoid the embarrassment of his appalling 'gameplan' leading to yet another home defeat by a mid-lower table team by desperately playing three strikers and Zat Knight up top not only added to his and our embarrassment tenfold, but is pretty much the final straw for me now. I hoped beyond hope that he'd get it together and push us on, but week after week now he's simply proving beyond all doubt that he hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing and will never move us forward.

I look forward to his usual nonsensical post match interview.

A sad night.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:25 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:That 2nd half was absolute dogshit, I don't care what stats people have read on the internet, the better won and deservedly so.
Agreed. Statistics can be deceptive and there's no way we were anything but awful tonight. A 3-0 loss wouldn't have been unfair based on how both sides performed.
maybe it wouldn't have been unfair - but it still seems unlikely with only one shot on target! :D