Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:24 am

bobo the clown wrote:.... anyway, how's the search for a proper full back going do you think ??
What you talkin' about Welish?

The first thing Douggie did when he came in was sort out the defence.

It was boring at first, but worth it.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:30 am

bobo the clown wrote:.... anyway, how's the search for a proper full back going do you think ??
Swimmingly.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/bo ... t/11026562._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or not.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:51 am

Wandering Willy wrote:

I have some GREAT news for you Willy.

Kevin Davies' son Lucas follows in the footsteps of the former Bolton Wanderers striker

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11 ... r/?ref=mrs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:

I have some GREAT news for you Willy.

Kevin Davies' son Lucas follows in the footsteps of the former Bolton Wanderers striker

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11 ... r/?ref=mrs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just 'cos you're a better footballer than your Dad before you are 10, doesn't necessarily mean you're any good. :D
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 am

Little Green Man wrote:
Swimmingly.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/bo ... t/11026562._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or not.
mmm. Knee knack. looks like about 40 appearances in 4 seasons albeit tbf he's only young. Most footie sites say he's a CH. DF says he's a LB.

Fingers crossed eh. :)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:19 am

Little Green Man wrote:
Swimmingly.

Or not.
From that article:

Bad knee, not really been tested.

Likes playing fullback, online sources I have searched state he is a centre half. We already have a centre half who like playing full back.

Match fitness an issue.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:43 am

jaffka wrote: Bad knee, not really been tested.

Likes playing fullback, online sources I have searched state he is a centre half. We already have a centre half who like playing full back.

Match fitness an issue.

Had a whole succession of injury long-termers going back to Quinton Fortune. Sean Davies, Holden, Mark Davies, Mears, Tierney come to mind immediately, and Beckford hardly seems a Kevin Davies for fitness. Last thing we need is a bad injury candidate. We could do with a bit of good luck, that's for sure. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:48 am

Could be the next Eidur, who was signed in similar circumstances. Eidur did have better credentials (a spell at PSV if I recall correctly) but this guy already has caps for Sweden - no mean feat, right?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:54 am

If Doggie is kicking his heels and stroking his chin over this deal it's probably because the kid wants a good wedge every week. He's making the same noises as he did when he signed Bastos last month - "Young, my type of player, young, not ready yet."

Direct quote : “Is he ready to come into the team right now? Probably not, and that is a little concern of mine."
Between the lines: "He wants too much money for where I think he's at right now."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:11 am

I'm not really sure what "not ready" means in Dougie language. The ones he considers ready are losing every week and seeing a draw as some sort of victory. D.F comes across as a bit of a joyless character who might well scrape the black bits off toast before deciding it's ready. It's been said many times in football (indeed any sport) "If you're good enough, you're old enough". The kids are doing really well and beating some decent sides. Are they not ready, because under twenty one is hardly kindergarten and in sport these days, 34/35 is considered more zimmer than Zinadine.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:If Doggie is kicking his heels and stroking his chin over this deal it's probably because the kid wants a good wedge every week. He's making the same noises as he did when he signed Bastos last month - "Young, my type of player, young, not ready yet."

Direct quote : “Is he ready to come into the team right now? Probably not, and that is a little concern of mine."
Between the lines: "He wants too much money for where I think he's at right now."
I think the problem is that he is under 23, so despite being a free agent still will command a fee to his previous club.

So are we prepared to pay that (doubtful), and even if we were would that transfer be allowed now the window has closed? Would appear a grey area if I understand the rules correctly.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:29 pm

That's a pretty shifty rule if it's true!

Mixu Fattypieman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mixu Fattypieman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 pm

I've seen a lot of Dyrestam - I live in Gothenburg and have a season ticket for IFK.

The lads got potential - he's quick, big, technically decent. The Swedish league isnt great so its hard to judge if he's got the quality to make it in England.
I have reservations about his defensive nous....which given the general lack of defensive nous overall within the team is a worry. Sometimes his pace gets him out of trouble. Plus he's benefited when playing with experienced communicative defenders, who will lead the defence.... so, none of our lot then.

I can see why Dougie is suggesting he may not be ready yet. Its not just the injury its also that he'll need time to adapt. He's not sooooooo good that he'll come in and be immediately impressive.
Personally I also think he'll be a better centre half than a full back. He's not an attacking full back. But then part of Dougie's problems is that he seems to want to play a system (4-2-3-1) which relies on attacking fullbacks to provide width, but uses converted centre halves as full backs. But thats another issue entirely...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:If Doggie is kicking his heels and stroking his chin over this deal it's probably because the kid wants a good wedge every week. He's making the same noises as he did when he signed Bastos last month - "Young, my type of player, young, not ready yet."

I think the problem is that he is under 23, so despite being a free agent still will command a fee to his previous club.

So are we prepared to pay that (doubtful), and even if we were would that transfer be allowed now the window has closed? Would appear a grey area if I understand the rules correctly.
If he's a free agent you can sign him. If it's a transfer you can't.
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

That's bonkers if true! they can sever all ties with him but still jeopardise his future chances if finding a club? Very unfair rule if so.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Mixu Fattypieman wrote:I've seen a lot of Dyrestam - I live in Gothenburg and have a season ticket for IFK.

The lads got potential - he's quick, big, technically decent. The Swedish league isnt great so its hard to judge if he's got the quality to make it in England.
I have reservations about his defensive nous....which given the general lack of defensive nous overall within the team is a worry. Sometimes his pace gets him out of trouble. Plus he's benefited when playing with experienced communicative defenders, who will lead the defence.... so, none of our lot then.

I can see why Dougie is suggesting he may not be ready yet. Its not just the injury its also that he'll need time to adapt. He's not sooooooo good that he'll come in and be immediately impressive.
Personally I also think he'll be a better centre half than a full back. He's not an attacking full back. But then part of Dougie's problems is that he seems to want to play a system (4-2-3-1) which relies on attacking fullbacks to provide width, but uses converted centre halves as full backs. But thats another issue entirely...
He hasn't had much choice since Tierney got injured.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

That's bonkers if true! they can sever all ties with him but still jeopardise his future chances if finding a club? Very unfair rule if so.
Just to be clear the fee thing is true. Under 23's, you have to pay a "training fee" to the club they left.

As for the bit about whether we can sign him or not, I don't know, that was me speculating.

The fee though small, sounds like it is a barrier for whatever reason.....

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Mixu Fattypieman wrote:I've seen a lot of Dyrestam - I live in Gothenburg and have a season ticket for IFK.

insightful post MF. So basically he'll be ready to play probably about the same time as Tierney returns - but sounds he will be a big gamble played at LB.
Are we sure DF is not really from Bury and on a mission to take us to the conference.

Mixu Fattypieman
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mixu Fattypieman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

He hasn't had much choice since Tierney got injured.
True but he can choose the system he plays and in my view 4-2-3-1 works best when the full backs create the width and push on. Dougie's way of playing it basically seems to be the 3 and the 1 are expected to create and end our attacking moves.
Plus he signed Baptiste as a full back and from what I've seen he doesnt look like a natural 'modern' attacking full back (or a full back at all sometimes)
But this is just based on what I've seen and obviously living in Sweden I don't see us that much! :P

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Just to be clear the fee thing is true. Under 23's, you have to pay a "training fee" to the club they left.

As for the bit about whether we can sign him or not, I don't know, that was me speculating.

The fee though small, sounds like it is a barrier for whatever reason.....
I thought that only applied to domestic transfers. This is an international one. I could be wrong mind you.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.