No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No'neills - QPR (A) 3/10/15

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:We needed to build a team that could physically compete in this league. We haven't. Instead we are once again playing midgets in midfield.
And yet only a few days ago you were stating that every team in this league were on a par... just a matter of luck who won and who lost each week...
Now according to you we are the shittest team ever... never is any grey in your statements.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Just seen the highlights on sky - our centre backs looked awful, all over the place. Lack of marking for their 1st, Amos at fault for their 2nd but our centre backs just stopped and watched their strikers - their 3rd goal was a great strike from way out on the left & Silva's equaliser was a good goal - their winner was shocking defending, poor ball out from Prince on the right straight to a QPR player, and then Dervite dived in un necessarily twice on their player (like a Sunday League amateur) way outside the box and was turned inside out both times before the same player stroked it past Amos from the edge of the box....I know its only a few mins of highlights but Dervite looked dire and a liability and the whole defence looked totally disorganised....but I don't think it showed any footage of Pratley, M Davies or Danns touching the ball.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... fIof6o7m2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We constantly play like a team of individuals, who have only just met for the 1st time the morning of the match and have never played before.
Last edited by Peter Thompson on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:We needed to build a team that could physically compete in this league. We haven't. Instead we are once again playing midgets in midfield.
And yet only a few days ago you were stating that every team in this league were on a par... just a matter of luck who won and who lost each week...
Now according to you we are the shittest team ever... never is any grey in your statements.
I said it was a tight league. It is. It's about consistency rather than dominating week in week out. We consistently fail to win games. We aren't miles away. But the main problems we had last season haven't been addressed.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Our only hope of staying up is that 3 promoted teams are poor. I think we will go down, maybe bottom of the pile. Lennon is nothing but a guy who fell into a job at Celtic in a joke league where it was impossible to lose. His win over Barca somehow made everyone think he was great. He was rejected from 4 jobs he applied for veggie us. Ridiculous choice. With the money we have we needed to get somebody who could organise and inspire. Warnock. McCarthy. Lenin taking about promotion is a million miles from the mark. Get rid. Get a grafter in who can organise players with little talent. We will go down and could fold. Stop dreaming. We are in a crisis like nothing seen since Normid

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Didnt pratley start?

Any coincidence in mjallby doing one and the defence turning to shit?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I said it was a tight league. It is. It's about consistency rather than dominating week in week out. We consistently fail to win games. We aren't miles away. But the main problems we had last season haven't been addressed.
I'm confused, you are "sick of the same failures week in, week out", but "we aren't miles away".
I disagree, we are miles away, but I've learnt to live with it and I look forward to a trip to Bramhall Lane (for example).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Didnt pratley start?

Did he go on a long holiday between February and May? :?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:14 pm

I see Lennon has just talked himself into a touchline ban (via Marc Iles).

"I thought the referee's performance was a disgrace. I haven't seen a more biassed performance from a referee in a long time."

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Didnt pratley start?

Did he go on a long holiday between February and October?/quote] There!!! Fixed.... :mrgreen:

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Just got back (handy living in sarf london). Really really demoralised. After every away game I say the same thing but at least I saw an exciting game today. Awful defences meant we barely needed an attack. Haven't checked the stats but it might have been our 3 shots on target, and all goals.

Ref didn't have his finest match and Lennon was irate, but there's no way to blame this on anyone but ourselves. Ref missed a few fouls on our midfielders and did book 3 of their players. We played suicide balls and didn't have the nous nor balls to keep it to 3-3. Hopeless.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:27 pm

(^ throwawayb.) I'd a preferred McCarthy, but what's gone is gone. Lennon is setting nothing on fire. There's not a lot of kindling for him to work with, and Eddie is still muttering about last year's coal bill (and the year before, and the one before that) so he's not going to be investing in any nutty slack. We need to gather around smaller hearths to feel the warmth...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:29 pm

If anybody can really blame lennon they need a good shake. He has stated in his post match speech how frustrated he is and is trying to stop us being mentally weak and that it's "game management" or lack of it that has us conceding goals and he is spot on, but talking about it, knowing what we are doing wrong and stopping it is obviously a hard task....I feel like kicking these feeble footballers' arses sometimes I really do

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 pm

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... fIof6o7m2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you can bare it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:43 pm

bear :spank:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bear :spank:
I’ll bear that in mind

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:54 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:(^ throwawayb.) I'd a preferred McCarthy, but what's gone is gone. Lennon is setting nothing on fire. There's not a lot of kindling for him to work with, and Eddie is still muttering about last year's coal bill (and the year before, and the one before that) so he's not going to be investing in any nutty slack. We need to gather around smaller hearths to feel the warmth...
I'd definitely have taken McCarth - my only reservation about him at the time was his poor top flight record, although with hindsight that's now redundant as we're still treading water in the Championship! But we've got a good manager in charge (IMO at least) and I can't see how we'd fare any better with any other managers we could realistically get. But yeah as you say, what's gone is gone. We just need to batten down the hatches to try and survive our financial troubles.
We have a manager with no experience of the league. Who isn't doing any better than our previous two managers if you take the bollocks fawning out.

I'd agree we are in no position to sack Lennon, but it is about time someone tells Neil that signing foreign feckkng full backs wasn't what was required,

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:(^ throwawayb.) I'd a preferred McCarthy, but what's gone is gone. Lennon is setting nothing on fire. There's not a lot of kindling for him to work with, and Eddie is still muttering about last year's coal bill (and the year before, and the one before that) so he's not going to be investing in any nutty slack. We need to gather around smaller hearths to feel the warmth...
I'd definitely have taken McCarth - my only reservation about him at the time was his poor top flight record, although with hindsight that's now redundant as we're still treading water in the Championship! But we've got a good manager in charge (IMO at least) and I can't see how we'd fare any better with any other managers we could realistically get. But yeah as you say, what's gone is gone. We just need to batten down the hatches to try and survive our financial troubles.
We have a manager with no experience of the league. Who isn't doing any better than our previous two managers if you take the bollocks fawning out.

I'd agree we are in no position to sack Lennon, but it is about time someone tells Neil that signing foreign feckkng full backs wasn't what was required,

Wilson?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:01 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Wilson?
Exactly. My point is the resources we've have weren't used correctly.

Our weak spots are up front and in midfield. Too many teams can just walk through the centre of our team.

He has improved us at centre back but we have signed players for cover rather than fixing the glaring issues we have first,

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:We have a manager with no experience of the league. Who isn't doing any better than our previous two managers if you take the bollocks fawning out.

I agree with the first part to some extent, although I think he's better than Freedman under tighter circumstances, but the second I disagree with. When we came into this season we had a truly awful Moxey and two unproven prospects in White and Kellett as our dedicated fullbacks. If my memory serves at least. Oh, admittedly we had Vela as a makeshift RB but he was really hit and miss in his second position.

We have issues but signing fullbacks isn't part of it IMO. At risk of the crowd fallacy pretty much everyone on the forum, yourself included IIRC, wanted us to sign a few fullbacks for competition and cover as we have been desperately short there (both in numbers and quality) in the past few seasons. I think a bigger problem would be his decision on signing Dobbie and Heskey but then we come back to the oft-spoken point of maybe that's all we could afford at the time.

I think our problem is more complex than simply blaming signing fullbacks or certain players. We've a wantaway owner, poor finances, limited market appeal, poor performances and low confidence. It's hard to see how this can be resolved long term without a new owner or further investment.
It is fine signing fullbacks as cover if you have fixed the other more serious issues.

We signed the cover when Moxey had already established himself this season and Wilson was already here and had done ok.

Where is the dominant physical athlete in midfield? Christ we need two of them. And someone up front.

Having full backs as cover isnt making a blind bit of difference to our inability to win matches.

When you haven't got much you make the best of it. We clearly haven't and I said so at the time and it is even clearer now.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Personally, I think we have players who are easily good enough for this level and Lennon has worked well within very tight financial constraints. Sadly, the team as a whole lack professionalism when it matters.
Last edited by Bijou Bob on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.