The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Re: The Debt.

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:56 pm

See, while true, that bit for me is irrelevant

The fact that the owner keeps him in post says he's happy enough with the job being done and at the end of the day, tis all that matters
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Sponge wrote:
ratters wrote:The common factor in this total mess is Phil Gartside. Can anyone think of a chief executive who has presided over a £160m debt on a £28m turnover, appointed four poor managers and has kept his job with a huge salary and bonuses.
How did Eddie run a successful business when he allows incompetents like this in charge of them!

To be fair, he's also presided over one of the most successful periods in the club's history.
When which he lauded it all up like the king of the castle and you couldn't get him off the TV & Radio.

Now? Is he even still alive?

I'm not expecting him to come out jumping through hoops, but a bit of leadership at board level wouldn't go amiss
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Riviman wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 93593.html

A good little article here about our financial problems.

Stopped reading when he started w*nking off over Megson.

Only a complete f*ckwit would think of his staying as a good idea.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:58 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:See, while true, that bit for me is irrelevant

The fact that the owner keeps him in post says he's happy enough with the job being done and at the end of the day, tis all that matters
Says the owner knows feck all about football to me!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:01 am

Better start a campaign to get shut of Davies then

Gartside isn't the issue IF the obner is happy with him
Sto ut Serviam

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm

not seen anyone link to this story, or seen any comment on some of the details - pick your targets chaps

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 42669.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Same shit again.

I can just see him being involved in Bukkake Parties with loads of guys wearing Gary Megson masks and him as the target. Get that image out of your head now, eh?

A brief flick through the accounts show how the debt skyrocketed when the Ginger Gollum was foisted upon us.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Same shit again.

I can just see him being involved in Bukkake Parties with loads of guys wearing Gary Megson masks and him as the target. Get that image out of your head now, eh?

A brief flick through the accounts show how the debt skyrocketed when the Ginger Gollum was foisted upon us.
What a beautifully crafted image.
He also contradicts himself by calling Megson a transfer wizard then using some of his supposed successes as examples of poor signings.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

It was also linked to on the previous page of this thread by Riviman.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Enoch wrote:It was also linked to on the previous page of this thread by Riviman.
oops :spank:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 am

We are being watched

Long article about it all here, with yours truly among others being quoted.

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Found that quite hard to read... think it's the font, the font colour and the lack of crossheads...

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Athers wrote:We are being watched

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=25210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sickeningly accurate. Year on year of big talk from Gartside whilst delivering nothing off the pitch (and not much on it either recently), other than digging a bigger Eddie Davis shaped hole for the club to sink into.
:hang:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:11 am

Said for a bit Gartsides a tool, got lucky with Sam.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:16 am

big sam's consortium will buy it, they have the money.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Deep in debt but Bolton Wanderers have no need to panic, says football finance expert

7:00am Friday 10th January 2014 in Latest By Marc Iles

Wanderers owner Eddie Davies
A LEADING sports finance expert has moved to calm fears Wanderers are heading for some sort of Portsmouth-style meltdown.

After a loss of £50.7million was announced at the end of last month, escalating debts to a whopping £163.8m, concern spread among the club’s supporters that the Whites may be heading for serious financial peril.

The likes of Portsmouth, Leeds United, Leicester City and Coventry City have all slid towards administration after dropping out of the Premier League – and none incurred losses of the size revealed at the Reebok on New Year’s Eve.

But while Robert Wilson, a lecturer on sport finance at Sheffield Hallam University, points out that Wanderers dropped out of the Premier League at the worst possible time, he is confident as an outsider looking in on the club’s accounts they are in no immediate risk, so long as owner Eddie Davies continues to foot the vast majority of the bill through his business interest Moonshift Investments Ltd.

“They are in the eye of a perfect storm at the moment,” he told The Bolton News. “It was absolutely the wrong time to get relegated from the Premier League and for the FFP regulations to hit.

“I would be happy to say that under the current ownership structure, with the owner (Eddie Davies) happy to continue putting money into the club for whatever benefit or reason, the debt does not concern me.

“It appears the club are now financially coming into line with where they need to be and so the next five years are crucial. I’d expect over that period to see them start to break even and begin paying a small amount of that debt off.

“I’d compare their situation more to Southampton when Markus Liebherr took over They have a stable ownership and have not had the upheaval of a Leicester City, Leeds or Portsmouth.

“If Bolton’s owner woke up tomorrow and decided to sell everything the club owned, then I would imagine a large portion of the money he has invested would be recouped – and that is another reason it doesn’t worry me. It is a soft debt.

“If Bolton were in the same situation as Leeds, for example, and did not hold as many assets, it would be a different story.”

The lack of any public communication from Davies or his chairman Phil Gartside in the light of the accounts has not helped to quell the feeling of unease among supporters.

The club have outlined plans to pursue “alternative revenue streams” key to which seems to be their £100m office and school development alongside the Reebok, which they hope will get the go-ahead from planners early this year.

Wilson reckons only promotion to the Premier League – and a share of broadcasting revenue which is now nearly three times the size of the one they previously enjoyed – will start to see the debts reduced.

“In terms of a business objective then getting back to the Premier League is absolutely vital but the worrying thing for Bolton is that it is becoming increasingly harder,” he said.

“Three teams who come down every year do so with a parachute payment that enables them to keep hold of better players, given the right relegation clauses, and retain stronger squads. This is one of the main problems of FFP and it creates an environment where other clubs could be frozen out.”

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:18 pm

ChrisC wrote:“If Bolton’s owner woke up tomorrow and decided to sell everything the club owned, then I would imagine a large portion of the money he has invested would be recouped – and that is another reason it doesn’t worry me. It is a soft debt.”
Ah, that's alright then... :?

(Yes, I know it could be much worse.)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Athers wrote:We are being watched

Do they ask your permission to quote you?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:04 pm

I don't know why they would have to Monty? A public forum's contents are fair game aren't they?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:48 pm

load of pricks calling it a good takedown.

sly digs at edwin not being a football fan , i'm fairly sure thats not true.

no mention of what things'll happen to city if, say, when gulf war three starts. all about edwin dying, like sheik mansour is Jor-El's son.

no mention that we've got ten years to pay it off.

an allusion to north korea , surprised he's not re-posted postman pisscan's "bwfc manufacturing landmines at the reebok for evil anticommunist chaebol" paper for good measure.

#hipsterarticles #halfscarftwat