Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Forest Home 16/08/2014 - Match Thread

Post by twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:59 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Sounded like a good game and a point against Forest isn't too bad I suppose.

It's worrying that we've let seven goals in in a week though.
It is a little concerning. Hopefully with Wheater back now we may tighten up a bit at the back?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 pm

I can't accept it's a good point when we're hanging on at home, but it's by no means a terrible result after a dire opening day defeat. Need to build on it in the next couple of home games.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Sounded like a good game and a point against Forest isn't too bad I suppose.

to be fair - a week and a day...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:11 pm

He's gone up in my estimation...

Pratley is shown a yellow for chopping down Reid in the centre-circle

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Seems the game was a little bit of an improvement to last Saturday. But second half we seemed to fade away. Is this fitness or is it Freedman tactics to defent?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:He's gone up in my estimation...

The Tower commentators considered him a complete waste of space - they were almost on the Dougie out bandwagon when he came on.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:17 pm

We worked hard but very little creativity throughout and if anyone was going to win it, it was them. Just 1 chance the whole of the second half isn't good enough. Happy with a point but worried about our fate when we play somebody decent
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:He's gone up in my estimation...

The Tower commentators considered him a complete waste of space - they were almost on the Dougie out bandwagon when he came on.
I agree with them, just a little joke about my dislike of Reid.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:We worked hard but very little creativity throughout and if anyone was going to win it, it was them. Just 1 chance the whole of the second half isn't good enough. Happy with a point but worried about our fate when we play somebody decent

There are quite a few decent sides in this league

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:21 pm

twilight wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:We worked hard but very little creativity throughout and if anyone was going to win it, it was them. Just 1 chance the whole of the second half isn't good enough. Happy with a point but worried about our fate when we play somebody decent

I know :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:28 pm

thebish wrote:

to be fair - a week and a day...
If you were half the pedant you think you are you'd have calculated that down to at least the nearest hour if not minutes and seconds too.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
twilight wrote:
I know :(
Watford walloped us 3-0 then got knobbed at Norwich by the same score... Maybe we should investigate playing in yellow.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: ]Watford walloped us 3-0 then got knobbed at Norwich by the same score... Maybe we should investigate playing in yellow.
Fixed. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Very decent first half where we were sloppy on both their goals but we always looked a threat.

Very poor second half.

Medo had an absolute stinker.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Just back. We played a narrow diamond midfield with Chungy left and Medo right. Played well in the 1st half, and looked dangerous going forwards. Spearing was a fool for the penalty - their man was heading away from goal, towards the touch line, so there was absolutely no reason to dive in. Silly boy. Nobody to blame but him for that (take note, whoever-it-was that said he was covering for a Mills error - there was no error but Speo's rush of blood to the head)

2nd half was poor, and that was down to Freedman. We dropped deeper, and deeper, calling Forest onto us. Anybody could see that we needed an out-ball, but we were still bringing everybody back for corners, and persisting with that narrow midfield. In order to try and win the game, we desperately needed Feeney on for Medo - our lack of width on the right was hampering our attacks all day. Instead, he went like for like, bringing on Pratley and Trotter - who are neither brilliant defensively nor wondrous in attack. Poor, poor decision from Dougie, and you've got to wonder what game he was watching. For all their territory and possession, Forest barely forced a save out of Bogdan in the 2nd half, and looked susceptible on the break. This was a game we could have won, were it not for the manager's inherent negativity.

Particular mention to Bogdan (for his great double save in the 1st half), Craaaaaaiiiiiiig (who played the target man role to the very best of his ability), and Chungy (some poor decisions, but on the whole looked lively). The team on the whole looked an entirely different, and much better, prospect from the previous two outings.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Very decent first half where we were sloppy on both their goals but we always looked a threat.

Very poor second half.

But was played woefully out of position. 50/50 blame for his poor performance with Dougie, methinks...

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:23 pm

I went today, first time since Boro on New Years Day. I thought Chungy had a very good game; I know he's had a lot of detractors but he's one of the few players who can actually keep the ball on the ground, pass it on the ground and run with it. But he also worked hard defensively, getting in a lot of interception and his running with the ball, creating space for himself with little jinks is second to none.

Playing Medo on the right wing, when he's got a natural right winger (Feeney) sitting on his arse is bizarre. But to top it all, he then takes Medo off for fan favourite Pratley. I've no idea what is in Dougie's brain when he makes decisions like that. Right winger on the bench all game and instead we play two players out of position on the right.

I thought Cravies did well with what he could. Lots of long balls lumped at him but he showed as much strength as possible. He's no Davo but at least he tries with the system Dougie plays.

Joe Mason looked a player of real quality but he was mostly starved of chances. It's good to have him back.

I thought Trotter looked decent when he came on too. He's got a presence about him and he's pretty good on the ball. A better player than Pratley.

Also, I'm not sure who gave the penalty away but it was an incredibly irrational decision. The striker was going no where.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:29 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Very decent first half where we were sloppy on both their goals but we always looked a threat.

Very poor second half.

But was played woefully out of position. 50/50 blame for his poor performance with Dougie, methinks...
Played in exact same position last season when we went on our best run of form.

Looked disinterested to me.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Also, great credit to the fans, they're a real testament to the club.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Never too early to start winning. The bald facts: After two games, 17 teams are at least two points in front of us. Two are already five points ahead. In the league we've scored two and had five scored against. Just posting this before Dougie states the positives about today.

A couple of wins, mind, could bring about a massive turnaround.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?