Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Freedman out!

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Coyle's available I understand.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:08 pm

What's :negative: upto?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Ian Dowie was commentating on Sky 1 this evening. As he seems to be lined up for West Ham, according to the KUMB "who would we get doom-mongers", that just leaves Souness, Dave Jones & David O'Leary from the bogeyman list. Sammy Lee is also around.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Ian Dowie was commentating on Sky 1 this evening. As he seems to be lined up for West Ham, according to the KUMB "who would we get doom-mongers", that just leaves Souness, Dave Jones & David O'Leary from the bogeyman list. Sammy Lee is also around.
BSA ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Devon White wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Ian Dowie was commentating on Sky 1 this evening. As he seems to be lined up for West Ham, according to the KUMB "who would we get doom-mongers", that just leaves Souness, Dave Jones & David O'Leary from the bogeyman list. Sammy Lee is also around.
BSA ?
Well spotted Sir. Don't think that'll happen though.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Devon White wrote:
BSA ?
Well spotted Sir. Don't think that'll happen though.
I dont know if i want df out or in, i went to bmouth, that was ok, and watford,ok, but if df thinks a few chances to beckford is his game plan then beckford aint the man to give us a chance of the play offs, i cant see gartside keeping the faith with df if we dont beat donny, i would have bsa back. BSA look very tired tonight, probably had enough of football for a season or 2.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:30 pm

normally my mantra is - don't go back... and i have never called for dougies's head - BUT - if offered that old sam-dougie switcheroo - I'd be a happy man... i'd probably be being delusional - there are so many reasons why it can't happen and won't happen - BUT.... arghhhhh...

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:39 pm

thebish wrote:normally my mantra is - don't go back... and i have never called for dougies's head - BUT - if offered that old sam-dougie switcheroo - I'd be a happy man... i'd probably be being delusional - there are so many reasons why it can't happen and won't happen - BUT.... arghhhhh...
you sound as confused as me bish, i like freedman but if we are to get anywhere near the play offs he has to channge things, we do have some good players, but his systems arent working on a regular basis,

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:10 am

19 points after 18 games is clearly unacceptable but I don't think the board are brave enough to make the right decision. Our start to the season was appalling and Freedman should have been sacked back in September but if the board didn't do it then, what chance is there that they will do it now? The talent in our squad means that we won't start losing games 4 or 5-0 every week, which probably would force Freedman's sacking, but the manager is clearly well out of his depth. We're going nowhere with him at the helm. He should have been sacked months ago, when the damage he'd already done wasn't too significant and when we could have approached someone like McClaren or Pulis, who have a clue what they're doing.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:19 points after 18 games is clearly unacceptable but I don't think the board are brave enough to make the right decision. Our start to the season was appalling and Freedman should have been sacked back in September but if the board didn't do it then, what chance is there that they will do it now? The talent in our squad means that we won't start losing games 4 or 5-0 every week, which probably would force Freedman's sacking, but the manager is clearly well out of his depth. We're going nowhere with him at the helm. He should have been sacked months ago, when the damage he'd already done wasn't too significant and when we could have approached someone like McClaren or Pulis, who have a clue what they're doing.

I agree that Dougie needs to go now. Once we had got past the bad start to the season we needed to push on. We did for the 8 games unbeaten (only 3 wins though). Now we are going backwards again. Down to the board now.

Funny how your posts have got longer again now we are losing SF ;) We barely got a sentence out of you during the 8 games unbeaten. Welcome back 8)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 am

Beginning to put the "8 match unbeaten run" into perspective. As I pointed out at the time and I'm not a big enough person not to raise that matter, that was only 3 wins, and followed a stunningly poor opening to the season.

However, I can do with a team not getting results, if all else works, but I really, really hate his negative approach. Even when it gives us a win.

If the guy can't see that his tactics are turgid, soul-destroying shite which are squeezing the life out of the club ... that we have enough forward thinking players to actually attack teams. If he insists on worrying more about the opponents than having them worry about us then I don't see the point.

The ONLY excuse for that is if he's getting results ... and now he isn't, again.

It's win or bust on Saturday. Win well, that is.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:32 am

this mentality of overthinking the opposition DOES seem odd... fair enough if you are a Beezer Homes second XI taking on Chelsea in the FA cup final.. but I'd have thought (naive young thing that I am) that maximising your own strengths and then playing to them is the obvious way to go if you are a club recently in the Premiership with a good squad capable of being in the top half and are playing at home.... let the other teams worry about us!!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:19 points after 18 games is clearly unacceptable but I don't think the board are brave enough to make the right decision. Our start to the season was appalling and Freedman should have been sacked back in September but if the board didn't do it then, what chance is there that they will do it now? The talent in our squad means that we won't start losing games 4 or 5-0 every week, which probably would force Freedman's sacking, but the manager is clearly well out of his depth. We're going nowhere with him at the helm. He should have been sacked months ago, when the damage he'd already done wasn't too significant and when we could have approached someone like McClaren or Pulis, who have a clue what they're doing.
I agree, I think we'll be stuck with this rubbish week after week until March, then if we're in danger of going down he'll be replaced, if not then he'll go at the end of the season.
Hate to say it but wish we'd ditched him earlier and got McClaren. Not Pulis though, never him.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:38 am

Each manager since Allardyce has been head and shoulders below the last.

They've all had their excuses of course. Each one has been left with a weak squad by the previous incumbant, each one has been blighted by big injuries to key players and each one has felt the fear factor of playing infront of the Reebok crowd.

Well at what point do we say perhaps that it's the managers fault?

Playing for 0-0 in the hope of snatching a goal on the break is understandable away from home but when you're final roll of the dice of desperation is to shove Zat Knight up front then you really have to admit you've run out of ideas.

I (finally) admitted Coyle was clueless after the 2-2 draw against Blackpool at home. 2-0 down with ten minutes left he went 'all attack' and salvaged a point which felt like a win. Afterwards he said that he was 'prepared to lose 4-0 in order to get the point'.

That's not tactics is it? That's effing crazy talk.

Look at this team. Freedman tells us how he's uncovering diamonds in the likes of Moritz, Medo and Hall yet Medo and Spearing have gone off the boil,Hall subbed before an hour was up and (according to the reports I've read) Moritz was rotten.

Yes, players can have bad games but I think it's more poor instructions coming from the bench that doesn't allow them to go forward out of fear of having to score twice in a game.

He also claims to have great faith in our youth system. Well these players aren't getting any younger. While they can't all be yet Jack Wiltshere's of this world or yer Aaron Ramsies of this world surely Josh Vela (is he injured?) should be forcing his way on to the bench if not the starting XI. If you can't break in to this team you'll never make it.

Craig Davies - what is he good for? Is he Freedman's Robbie Blake? Is he there to do hilarious footballer japes like snipping the toes off socks and putting Ralgex in the underpants of colleagues?

If he is then I'm sure there are plenty of unemployed people in Bolton who'd do the job for half of what he's on.

Continually bringing in loan players over those that have been at the club for ages smacks of desperation.

The thing is we're now in exactly the same boat we were in before we got rid of Coyle. Who will come? Who's available? Every tosser who's just been booted from his current club because he couldn't run a menage.

Freedman out, Jol in, Jol out, Warnock in, the merry-go-round of 18month managers who blame the bloke before goes on.

Time to face the very real fact that we are shite and the bad times may be closer than the good times.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 am

I don't think changing the manager is necessarily a bad thing as long as you don't start from scratch every time. Someone who can try to do the things Dougie is supposed to do but is seemingly incapable of doing, who can build on any good work behind the scenes that Dougie has done and put right what he's no good at. Bringing Pulis in for example would have been wrong I think. You do what Swansea did and bring someone in who fits with the long term plan of the club.
Ultimately though, at this level it comes down to character I think, ability to impose your will on players. If you've not got that then forget it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:53 am

All this "behind the scenes" stuff.

What exactly is it?

And what is the fecking point of it? It's not making us better of football, which is pretty much the aim of the game is it not?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Freedman's one of those managers who likes to prove that 'he knows best'.

I remember when Preston came to Old Burnden Park needing a win to stay up (we needed a win to go up). John Beck said that they weren't going to attack but sit and wait to hit us on the counter.

They nearly did of course, straight from the k.o. but apart from that they barely crossed the half way line.

The rest is history but he can point at the result and say they were only relegated by 'one goal'.

For some strange reason a one goal loss is almost a win to these clowns who scoff at YOUR idea of tactics which is to have defenders who can defend, midfielders who can pass to their teammates and centre forwards who can find the net.

It's as if the first step on the road is to prove us all wrong rather than prove people right for having faith in him.

He talks about educating the fans at this rate all his pupils will be wagging it and not able to listen to a word he says.

Which is another thing. The way he talks on the radio he sounds like it's beneath him to even voice his thoughts.

feck off Freedman.

*Please note all of the above will be forgotten about should we win our next two games.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

boltonboris wrote:All this "behind the scenes" stuff.

What exactly is it?

And what is the fecking point of it? It's not making us better of football, which is pretty much the aim of the game is it not?
No idea what it is, we just keep hearing about it! My point is if there's stuff he's done well, build on it, what he's not, change it. I imagine there would be a fair bit of change going on, but I'm talking about trying to keep as much continuity as possible. Surely he can't have done all bad?
He's brought sought after young players to the club for example, bring in a manager who wants to continue developing them (and might even give them a proper chance) rather than one who'll ditch them as I imagine Pulis would.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:07 pm

coffeymagic wrote:It's as if the first step on the road is to prove us all wrong rather than prove people right for having faith in him.

He talks about educating the fans at this rate all his pupils will be wagging it and not able to listen to a word he says.

Which is another thing. The way he talks on the radio he sounds like it's beneath him to even voice his thoughts.

feck off Freedman.

*Please note all of the above will be forgotten about should we win our next two games.
This patronising stuff really gets on my nerves. And all the 'I told you so' stuff when he'd lifted us to the heady heights of 15th after an unbeaten run that didn't yield too many points.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:All this "behind the scenes" stuff.

What exactly is it?
It's bollocks is what it is.
Businesswoman of the year.