Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:53 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:Dougie to be presented with manager of month award before saturdays match, so yah boo to you doubters

Official accolade 'Freedman reaffirmed faith at the Reebok as he led his side to 3 successive victories. Their away wins at Bournemouth and Watford were built on a sound defensive platform and hauled them out of the bottom 3'
He hasn't won it......yet......
He didn't, Brighton's manager did..

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:13 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:Dougie to be presented with manager of month award before saturdays match, so yah boo to you doubters

Official accolade 'Freedman reaffirmed faith at the Reebok as he led his side to 3 successive victories. Their away wins at Bournemouth and Watford were built on a sound defensive platform and hauled them out of the bottom 3'
He hasn't won it......yet......
He didn't, Brighton's manager did..
Thank fook for that. At least it is only semi-nailed on to lose against Donny now :|

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Here's today's pile of shite ...

Getting close to the old "teaching the fans" and "those who know football" etc. Apparently it's all about having not taken chances, his football outlook is not negative and, oh ... yes ... "it's not fair". The complaints are only on social media and those doing that know nothing.

Oh ... & he's not negative.
As the boos rang out after the final whistle on Tuesday night, home continued to look uncomfortable for Wanderers, but Dougie Freedman rejects the accusation that his side are playing “negative football” in front of their own fans. Paul Dickov’s Doncaster Rovers are the latest side to come in search of points at the Reebok – currently one of the most hospitable places for opposing sides in the Championship. Only Yeovil Town have picked up fewer points on home turf, and Millwall are the only side to go away empty-handed since April.

Speaking ahead of his side’s latest test tomorrow afternoon the Whites boss swatted away suggestions that his tactical approach is better suited to playing away. Wanderers fans have voiced their displeasure in numbers at what they have seen to date at the Reebok – but the Scot insists his team are not setting out to put safety first.

“It’s not fair to call us negative at all,” he told The Bolton News. “If you look at the game against Millwall I’m pretty sure no-one would have been suggesting that then.

If we had taken a chance or two against Huddersfield then no-one levels that accusation at you there. If you don’t take your chances at any level, you are not going to win. We’re creating opportunities but I felt the other night that it was the only time this season we’ve not been able to sustain pressure.

It’s nothing to do with the set-up or the way we are playing. I don’t think it’s right to talk about one game – Huddersfield – you should look at the whole season, and in that I think our approach play has been good. But in the home games in particular, we have been guilty of not taking chances. You take one of them and it all looks rosier. Can it get better? Yes, of course it can. I know fans are frustrated because we didn’t win the game but you can’t accuse the players of not creating chances or not being committed to doing that.”

Freedman has come under heavy fire from many Wanderers fans, particularly on the social media sites, these last few days. But while the Whites boss is happy for those who pay through the turnstiles to voice their approval or disapproval at how the team is faring, he is less considerate of those who criticise from afar.

“I know how it is - you get 15-20,000 fans, every one of them thinking they know best. They pay their money, give their opinion and I’m really comfortable with that. It’s only right they come, pay their money, sing, don’t sing, get behind their team or don’t, it’s down to them.

But all I can say to the fans is that I’m trying to play a different kind of style, to get a couple of younger players into the team, and that there is a goal; an end game. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it’s a bit tough to see at the minute, I understand that, but tweeting is a different level. Fans who pay their money are allowed to say what they want.”
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Only Yeovil Town have picked up fewer points on home turf, and Millwall are the only side to go away empty-handed since April.
fecking norah - I hadn't clocked it was actually that bad!!! :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:19 pm

pssst... dougie - tweeting people might actually have been at the game - tweeting people and those who go to the games CAN be one and the same...

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:22 pm

It is all about taking chances but when you have players who need 10 chances to score and a defence that folds like a pack of cards then you have to make 20 chances per game to stand a chance of winning.

Otherwise you have to go out and sign Wayne Rooney and RVP to both a) make their own chances out of nothing and b) feed of the scraps that somehow worm their way through to them as you shove Zat bastard Knight up front in desperation.

I've seen my backside with this smart arsed nice person.

feck him off.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:23 pm

nice person

Not you Bish, or Coffey

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:tw*t

Not you Bish, or Coffey
Oh, Me then ! :Jedi:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Dougie...you plum :wink:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:32 pm

coffeymagic wrote:It is all about taking chances but when you have players who need 10 chances to score and a defence that folds like a pack of cards then you have to make 20 chances per game to stand a chance of winning.

Otherwise you have to go out and sign Wayne Rooney and RVP to both a) make their own chances out of nothing and b) feed of the scraps that somehow worm their way through to them as you shove Zat bastard Knight up front in desperation.

I've seen my backside with this smart arsed tw*t.

feck him off.
SPIT

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:53 am

Dougla wrote:It’s nothing to do with the set-up or the way we are playing.
Oh, here's an interesting concept. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:58 am

Whilst I certainly don't agree with the comments made by Dougie, I also don't agree with the negativity permeating the Bok. It's a vicious circle.
Pfffft.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:10 pm

I will give him a chance to build his team if he keeps us. I am under no illusions. We are where we are because we just haven't been good enough. Why didn't premiere league teams come after our players last summer if they were that good?

Many of our "top" players out of contracts end of season. I will judge DF after that. In the meantime, the team, and him, enjoys my full support.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Read somewhere that Freedman is the seventh longest-serving manager in the Championship. That's frightening, if true.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Prufrock wrote:Read somewhere that Freedman is the seventh longest-serving manager in the Championship. That's frightening, if true.
And Alan Pardew the second longest in the prem after Wenger. He's only been there about five minutes. That's some attrition rate that is!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:Read somewhere that Freedman is the seventh longest-serving manager in the Championship. That's frightening, if true.
Only 44 of the top 92 clubs in England have a manager with more than one years service.

Aitor Karanka at Middlesbrough (25 days) already has more service than managers at ten other clubs!!!

A large part of my willingness to give Freedman, or indeed any managerial appointment, time to build, is the fact that constantly churning seldom bears fruit. I believe what happens in year three of a managers tenure shows their true worth. That suggests we don't often get to see what football managers are about.

That's not to say all managers deserve three years, patently some don't, but sacking a good manager because he's not a member of the magic circle is not the answer.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Enoch wrote:A large part of my willingness to give Freedman, or indeed any managerial appointment, time to build, is the fact that constantly churning seldom bears fruit. I believe what happens in year three of a managers tenure shows their true worth. That suggests we don't often get to see what football managers are about.
Yeah but no but yeah but no but Freedman is on a two and a half year contract. :?
Businesswoman of the year.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Yeah but no but yeah but no but Freedman is on a two and a half year contract. :?
And your point is?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Enoch wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Yeah but no but yeah but no but Freedman is on a two and a half year contract. :?
And your point is?
Well, he hasn't got 3 years to get it right !for one thing !!

:lol: :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:10 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
And your point is?
Well, he hasn't got 3 years to get it right !for one thing !!

:lol: :lol:
I thought that, but no one asked me. :D