Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Yeah but no but yeah but no but Freedman is on a two and a half year contract. :?
And your point is?
Well, he hasn't got 3 years to get it right !for one thing !!

:lol: :lol:
Someone once said, 'To say that that which is, is not or that which is not is, is a falsehood; and to say that which is, is and that which is not is not, is true.'

He was subsequently shown to have missed a few things.

:D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Enoch wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Yeah but no but yeah but no but Freedman is on a two and a half year contract. :?
And your point is?

Someone once said, 'To say that that which is, is not or that which is not is, is a falsehood; and to say that which is, is and that which is not is not, is true.'

I have NO idea what you've just said.

Does that make it untrue ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Enoch did say in the third year tbf. The last 6 months is in the third year. No?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
And your point is?

I've analysed it closely and concluded that a good translation would be: "Benitez..... prick!"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Enoch did say in the third year tbf. The last 6 months is in the third year. No?
Don't go getting logical with me sunshine.

It'll be his 5th 6 month period. :Jedi:

... & Bish. No man can argue with that position. No man.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Enoch wrote:
And your point is?

I don't know!! Mr Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all............

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:11 pm

One ert' flayrods out o' skew wit' treddle again I guess.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:12 pm

'appen.

And a mention to Mr Paddock for his astute observation.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:Enoch did say in the third year tbf. The last 6 months is in the third year. No?
Don't go getting logical with me sunshine.

It'll be his 5th 6 month period. :Jedi:

... & Bish. No man can argue with that position. No man.
There's nowt gets past me. Well, unless you ignore the time that I was the 'keeper for the school team. :oops:

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 am

Freedman (like Coyle and Thickson before him) speaks a lot about his plans for the future. How he's building something for the long term and how it'll all be jam tomorrow.

He knows full well that there won't be a 'long term' because if we don't finish well this season and then have to reboot to our factory settings for next year while he figures out which way is forward then he'll be gone before Christmas next year.

He can then turn to his next employer and say 'If only Bolton would have stuck with me they'd be in the Champions League by now....' or some other cobblers that Chairman seem to like.

I'll rephrase that - it's not like we rebooted, nothing quite so technical it's like Dougie's mind is like an Etch-o-Sketch and he gave his head a good shake after the Blackpool game and forgot everything about last season.

His poor decisions early on have now made every single game a must win which is ridiculous. Last gaps equalisers against Yeovil for eff's sake - what has the world come to?

If we do win every game from now until the end of the season we will go up. If we don't then what?

Jesus what if we did go up?

I wasn't in favour of getting rid of Coyle - not that I thought he'd turn out right - we all knew that was a one-way ticket to Palookaville and, in principle I know that firing Dougie will only continue the slide.

It's a prime example of the law of diminishing returns.

After Dougie comes Warnock. Or Dave Jones. Or someother chancer with a 'long term plan'.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I wasn't in favour of getting rid of Coyle
I'd like to say it was all going so well

But, then this

As it happened I agreed with nothing you had written and this gave me all the reassurances I needed to write it off as the ramblings of a mad man
Sto ut Serviam

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Didn't Jesus once say that the 'ramblings of a madman are like the horn of reason'?

If he didn't then it's the sort of thing he would have said given the chance.

No, it's just I think with Phil G at the helm we're lurching from one mediocre to another. Our targets are being set lower and lower each year and we're still failing to achieve them.

Remember when a return to the Premier League was 'crucial' now we're looking at 6th place and wondering if we can make it.

On the 'not sacking Coyle front' I should say that the only reason I thought that way was because I didn't expect anyone better to come in.

The style of play isn't any better, the results aren't any better and the players aren't any better. For Dougie to convince us that the 'long term' will yield any results shouldn't we see at least a litte short term improvement?

We'll see on Sunday how we do against a 'new, up and coming manager with a great potential'.

Vorsprung Doug Technik!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:26 pm

coffeymagic wrote: The style of play isn't any better, the results aren't any better and the players aren't any better. For Dougie to convince us that the 'long term' will yield any results shouldn't we see at least a litte short term improvement?
We'll see on Sunday how we do against a 'new, up and coming manager with a great potential'. Vorsprung Doug Technik!
Might be worth keeping in mind, Coffee, that there are what? twenty four other teams in our league all with the same idea, same problems and same aims. Every manager in the league has the same plans in mind and only three of them ( the one's lucky enough to get promoted)will be called successful. The rest just do their best to stay in a job. I just want to see Dougie put a squad together that give it their all for Bolton. The rest matter not, but they're all out there trying just like us.

Semper Fidelis... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
coffeymagic wrote: The style of play isn't any better, the results aren't any better and the players aren't any better. For Dougie to convince us that the 'long term' will yield any results shouldn't we see at least a litte short term improvement?
We'll see on Sunday how we do against a 'new, up and coming manager with a great potential'. Vorsprung Doug Technik!
Might be worth keeping in mind, Coffee, that there are what? twenty four other teams in our league all with the same idea, same problems and same aims. Every manager in the league has the same plans in mind and only three of them ( the one's lucky enough to get promoted)will be called successful. The rest just do their best to stay in a job. I just want to see Dougie put a squad together that give it their all for Bolton. The rest matter not, but they're all out there trying just like us.
and - do you think we have that? your recent article seemed to suggest not...

(adeste fidelis!)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:10 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
(adeste fidelis!)
I stated quite clearly what I "want" to happen. I didn't claim at all that we had it, did I?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
(adeste fidelis!)
I stated quite clearly what I "want" to happen. I didn't claim at all that we had it, did I?
(I don't understand the need for such a touchy response!) I was just asking of you think we have what you want or not! this is the Freedman Out thread, after all!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:22 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
(adeste fidelis!)
(I don't understand the need for such a touchy response!) I was just asking of you think we have what you want or not! this is the Freedman Out thread, after all!
It wasn't a touchy response at all, believe me. I think everybody knows we haven't totally got what we want right now, we're too inconsistent. I've no reason to think what I want is any different to what you would want also as a fan.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:58 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
The style of play isn't any better, the results aren't any better and the players aren't any better. For Dougie to convince us that the 'long term' will yield any results shouldn't we see at least a litte short term improvement?
Don't be so stupid. Of course, there will be no glimpses of improvement, that would give the game away. Keep up.

And you'll do well to remember all the good work going on behind the scenes, man. The changing room doesn't smell of sweaty bodies any more, nobody puts their feet on the seats of the team bus, and now everyone returns their bib after training. Massive steps, unseen by those who don't know football.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
It wasn't a touchy response at all, believe me. I think everybody knows we haven't totally got what we want right now, we're too inconsistent. I've no reason to think what I want is any different to what you would want also as a fan.

i'm not sure i want the same as you... I don't think I just want a squad that "gives it all" - I want a bit of quality and skill and some kind of joined-up thinking that makes it likely we will win games at this level. I think we have the quality - but I'm not yet convinced about the joined-up thinking - or if the whole team gets it...

"giving their all" isn't summat that I find it easy to measure or judge - so it wouldn't be the be all and end all for me.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:23 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Didn't Jesus once say that the 'ramblings of a madman are like the horn of reason'?

If he didn't then it's the sort of thing he would have said given the chance.

No, it's just I think with Phil G at the helm we're lurching from one mediocre to another. Our targets are being set lower and lower each year and we're still failing to achieve them.

Remember when a return to the Premier League was 'crucial' now we're looking at 6th place and wondering if we can make it.

On the 'not sacking Coyle front' I should say that the only reason I thought that way was because I didn't expect anyone better to come in.

We'll see on Sunday how we do against a 'new, up and coming manager with a great potential'.

Vorsprung Doug Technik!
Judas Out!
Pfffft.