Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:02 am

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/phil ... 39862.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Official now. 2 year deal. Assistant Steve Parkin comes with him too. Heard that rest of his backroom likely to move eventually as well.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:17 am

Can I propose this thread be closed now? Never been a fan of the title to be frank.

Need one that's a little more, well, welcoming.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 am

PP has the right experience but still a young manager (Only 12 months older than me so I consider him young). Has done well in his managerial career and has a couple of promotions on his CV. Obviously happy to work on small budgets and as DSB mentioned, he improved Bradford every year he was with them.

Perhaps some of the other candidates have experienced more success but he will do for me. Lets get out of this embargo and bring in some new blood to the club.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:29 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:It is Parkinson....

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... w_manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Surely it can't be as 'the club is being run in an amateurish way'....
Well this could be a good appointment. And perhaps will signal the end of the embargo. If they've got Parkinson I'm pretty impressed with that.

It doesn't change the fact that I feel it has been amateurish so far in terms of messaging and conflicting interviews, but if they've got their man and can get things moving then fair play.
Have you never thought that they (KA/DH) are actually quite professional and have been keeping their cards close to their chest, so as not to alert any other club to Parkinson's availability, saying that he's quite a highly rated manager.

Perhaps what KA said about not paying compensation was a deliberate curve ball, whilst negotiations where ongoing with Bradford / Parkinson....and perhaps the guy knows what he's doing ?
No I fecking well don't.

Keeping their cards close to their chest indeed!

Why risk pissing off your supporters and looking fecking incompetent with easily avoidable bullshit if you are so clever, is it so hard to work together, on message without all the hinted at deadlines, bollox and the sprouting's from the result of one's bollox?

On another note, if this bloke is coming in then I'm far happier than any of the other no marks that have been touted.

To DSB sorry for flipping a bit, I hate the EU, mainly for it's lack of democracy and anyone coming across with the 'why should they have the vote' strikes me as just as bad.
I see snowflake generation Pru has only one emote on his lap top or more than likely, I-phone :lmfao:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:For me the thing I like hearing about PP is that he's a pragmatic manager who sets teams up to keep clean sheets and plays a fairly straightforward style. I'm interested in what he does here. Perhaps he'll get the best out of Madine?

I feel we've had managers previously who wanted to play in a certain way that didn't suit the level or quality of players we have. I think you can be easily fooled and look at Mark Davies and Clough and think we have enough quality to play in front of teams and open them up, we don't by a long way and I think Lennon's persistence with plodding possession style football cost us last year when I think we should have been going back to front very early.

Be interesting to see what Parkinson does if the embargo is lifted as for me we're going to struggle to play how he set Bradford up given we're as weak as water currently. Perhaps he can bring in a few experienced physical players who know this level. Think that is critical really and getting the embargo lifted will determine the season.
Rich coming from someone who knocks BSA's style!

Oh how times change :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:For me the thing I like hearing about PP is that he's a pragmatic manager who sets teams up to keep clean sheets and plays a fairly straightforward style. I'm interested in what he does here. Perhaps he'll get the best out of Madine?

I feel we've had managers previously who wanted to play in a certain way that didn't suit the level or quality of players we have. I think you can be easily fooled and look at Mark Davies and Clough and think we have enough quality to play in front of teams and open them up, we don't by a long way and I think Lennon's persistence with plodding possession style football cost us last year when I think we should have been going back to front very early.

Be interesting to see what Parkinson does if the embargo is lifted as for me we're going to struggle to play how he set Bradford up given we're as weak as water currently. Perhaps he can bring in a few experienced physical players who know this level. Think that is critical really and getting the embargo lifted will determine the season.
Rich coming from someone who knocks BSA's style!

Oh how times change :lol:
Eh? Where do I knock his style? I've always been in favour of pragmatic winning football over flouncy stuff that ultimately isn't successful.

Be nice to have good football and winning football rolled into one but isn't always possible.

I like Mourinho not Wenger. And admire Pulis far more than Roberto Martinez....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:07 am

Hoboh wrote:To DSB sorry for flipping a bit
No problem, on we go, we're all grown-ups :wink:
Hoboh wrote:I hate the EU
You kept that quiet, why didn't you mention it? :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:45 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Hoboh wrote:To DSB sorry for flipping a bit
No problem, on we go, we're all grown-ups :wink:
Hoboh wrote:I hate the EU
You kept that quiet, why didn't you mention it? :D
:D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:59 pm

So not Neil Warnock then?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:So not Neil Warnock then?

dang - if only someone had come up with that idea....

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Soooooo, Jonathan Stead to be first man in?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Soooooo, Jonathan Stead to be first man in?
Steady now

(sorry, it's been a long week)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:30 pm

Next time, son. Next time.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Just to return to the muppet theme, Isles says on twitter that KA spoke to Roy Keane about the vacancy.
Imagine that after a long wait. Jesus wept.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:26 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Just to return to the muppet theme, Isles says on twitter that KA spoke to Roy Keane about the vacancy.
Isles just comes out with whatever the feck he feels. The muppets are those who think his crap's something insightful.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Just to return to the muppet theme, Isles says on twitter that KA spoke to Roy Keane about the vacancy.
Isles just comes out with whatever the feck he feels. The muppets are those who think his crap's something insightful.

Maybe he asked Roy Keane about who would be a good manager.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
You really think he just makes it up? This is something that's come from a comment Roy Keane made to another journo.Nothing insightful, just mildly interesting - and terrifying!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:00 pm

LeverEnd wrote: You really think he just makes it up?!
Well, has there been a shred of support for any of the names he's come out with during the appointment process? Anyway, Ilses is simply a journo who plays no part in our club whatsoever, and as such is no more important than anyone else outside the club.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: You really think he just makes it up?!
Well, has there been a shred of support for any of the names he's come out with during the appointment process? Anyway, Ilses is simply a journo who plays no part in our club whatsoever, and as such is no more important than anyone else outside the club.
I think he tries to provide a link between the club and fans. Obviously he isn't always successful but I don't think he's that bad. I think they have probably considered or interviewed all the names he's come out with. Also I think his heart's in the right place unlike that Nixon cock who is just a gossipmonger .

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Next time, son. Next time.
That reminded me of this...

But without the happy ending :|

Anyway, welcome Phil, our new, true, messiah. And to manglephrase J Cleese, I should know I've followed a few.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.