Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by Norpig » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 am

Look around the Championship not many clubs spending money apart from those that came down from the PL. We have to be sensible regarding the money we spend, don't want to end up like a Leeds or Portsmouth.

Having said that I would sooner spend the little money we have on a younger player such as Mason with potential than a journey man like Jukevic. Yes Yes Yes, I know the Juke did well for us last season, who is to say he can do it again, his career is littered with fleeting success (a bit like Beckford).

I was not too keen on Mason but he was better on his second spell and surprised a few, maybe a loan with a view to a permanent transfer in Jan would be the way to go. There are a lot of other striking options, Andy Johnson is at the end of his career but may provide a cheap alternative (depending on his terms).

It is looking like the loan market or giving the kids a try Illiev has obviously impressed, not seen much of him but should be a good sub, whats happend to the goal machine Zach Clough not heard from him for a while?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 am

Juke is 25. Hardly an old journeyman. Mason is 23.

Mason is more expensive than the player we just couldn't afford.

I'd rather we spent our money on the player who made a demonstrable difference last season. The one I enjoyed watching who played with real passion and desire. But that is just me.

Iliev is a way off being ready according to those who have seen him. We are trying to get him a loan for some experience. Clough isn't even on tour. We don't have the answer in our squad.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:21 am

This has become a shite thread. I blame the Arab.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 am

bobo the clown wrote:This has become a shite thread. I blame the Arab.
A Shi'ite thread then?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 am

I blame the Welsh, and by extension, anyone living within the borders of Wales. Or even close to it.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 am

Uncle Douglas has another surprise to offer us yet. Have faith Bobo, have faith.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:57 am

If he doesn't have a plan b then he is shite.

It won't be the last target he misses out on being the Bolton manager, happened before and will happen again.

No point pissing and moaning, got to get on with it.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 am

jaffka wrote:If he doesn't have a plan b then he is shite.

It won't be the last target he misses out on being the Bolton manager, happened before and will happen again.

If he feels REALLY let down by the lack of support from Eddie then he can always resign. #theresalwaysasilverlining
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:03 am

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:If he doesn't have a plan b then he is shite.

If he feels REALLY let down by the lack of support from Eddie then he can always resign. #theresalwaysasilverlining
:oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 am

Pretty gutted. He did look the real deal for us. Think he'll do well there. He's not going to take the Premier League by storm himself, but his job is to be the man Ings can play off, I think he'll do it well, better even than Deeney, though Deeney is the better player himself.

We look massively short up top. I'm not convinced either Davies or Beckford is the answer. I suppose Davies as the leading man and hope for a Mason type on loan is the best we're looking at now, even though we probably need two in.

If we're going to be successful I think it's going to be on a QPR shit load of 1-0s basis. We look handy at the back now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 am

Eddie to the rescue....again: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically, the funding requirement has been met and Bolton have signed over 10.1 mil in parachute payments to Barclays.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:01 am

Puskas wrote:Let's face it - no one but the utterly naive really thought the Pole was coming back. He's this season's Dawson. There was never any intention of bidding for him. And if we knew this here, obviously Freedman, who knows far more about the internals of the club knew it. He was going through the motions, selling the party line.

So he'll bring in a few on loan. Probably one will do well. There'll be a clamour to sign him next summer. Freedman will say how much he wants him. There will be no bid.

Repeat for as long as anyone still cares.
I didn't really think Dawson was coming. Once there was talk about a £1.5m I got my hopes up the Hampshirite would be returning.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:05 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Eddie to the rescue....again: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically, the funding requirement has been met and Bolton have signed over 10.1 mil in parachute payments to Barclays.
Do you subscribe to the sun?

The juke deal is apparently £1.5m flat with addons taking it to £2.25m

We already have Hall on a future addon deal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:24 am

jaffka wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Eddie to the rescue....again: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you subscribe to the sun?

The juke deal is apparently £1.5m flat with addons taking it to £2.25m

We already have Hall on a future addon deal.
Wife gets it every day. Claims it's a crossword she likes. I have a daily wail about its crapness but read the football bits. But for her I wouldn't have it in the house.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 am

Why doesn't Eddie look for further investment? Sell some of his shares in the company, cause as it sound we're just hemeriaging money, not very good business

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:35 am

Missing out on Jutkiewicz might not be as big a disaster as people seem to think. Was it really worth paying more money than we can afford for a player that has only hit double figures for the season twice (One of which was in Scotland). I know he did the job here but he could have been garbage this year, most strikers dry up when they sign for us.

I think Beckford and C.Davies can both deliver. I dont ever recall them playing together in a 442 so they may have this undiscovered chemistry that benefits them both.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

knobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by knobby » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 am

That pic in the Sun appears to be of Mark Hughes having undergone some sort of photoshop ageing process !!
There’s a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:08 pm

knobby wrote:That pic in the Sun appears to be of Mark Hughes having undergone some sort of photoshop ageing process !!
That's better. Back to frivolity. You know it makes sense.

:pissed:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Gutted we missed out on LJ. However, SSN reporting that the deal is 'upwards' of £1.5m suggesting add-ons. We can't compete financially with the likes of that at the moment, especially if ED has had to bail us out again.

Plenty of out of contract strikers on that PFA list. DF will just have to go with a plan B
Pfffft.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:35 pm

That list is wholly depressing. Shola Ameobi being the best one on it!