Bolton v Liverpool Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:26 am

truewhite15 wrote:
SonsOfThunder wrote:---------Jussi---------

Ricketts--Cahill--Knight--Robinson

---------Muamba-----

Lee--Mavis--Holden--Moreno

---------SKD---------

What say ye? Elmo on for Muamba as an impact sub when/if needed.
We want to drop our top goalscorer? For a game against a side who haven't been playing at all well and are there for the taking? And we moaned incessantly about Megson being too negative?
I say...WTF???
I hardly think there's anything negative about the formation I posted; you have a point about Elmo's goalscoring form but I'd rather drop him than SKD. And I'd definitely bring him on around 60 minutes in.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:17 am

So we've come full circle - 1 striker is now not negative? At home

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Lets cut the crap, and put the same team out.

As the DJ says, theres only one team in this league lost less games than us. And they can spend £45m quid on a strikers wages.
This. Finding it strange that people want to make 4-5 changes/alter most of a midfield which has seen us lose 1 out of the last 9 games.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am

Coyle will keep the same team.

I'd be tempted to put Taylor in for Petrov though.

I just think we need to have a little extra support but I'd not change the shape.

Lets face it we scored on Saturday because Taylor came off the line got in the box caused trouble and created the goal for Elmander.

I don't think Petrov would have done the same.

Petrov might be a better option off the bench for a game or two with his pace against tiring defenders.

Coyle will stick with the same side though and really there can't be too many complaints with that.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Lets face it we scored on Saturday because Taylor came off the line got in the box caused trouble and created the goal for Elmander.
That's guilding the lily somewhat - Taylor made an absolute bollocks of it. I'd give Moreno a runout down the left myself.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 am

we'll get utterly dicked.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

That's guilding the lily somewhat - Taylor made an absolute bollocks of it. I'd give Moreno a runout down the left myself.
He did make a mess of it, but equally he managed to shuffle it across to Elmander to poke in.

End of the day he got in the box and made the extra man that created the goal. Sometimes with Petrov and Lee we find neither get in and around the box so sometimes we're a little lightweight in there.

Moreno certainly has a bit of pace, not sure he's ready for a start yet. Certainly a good option off the bench though.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He did make a mess of it, but equally he managed to shuffle it across to Elmander to poke in.

End of the day he got in the box and made the extra man that created the goal. Sometimes with Petrov and Lee we find neither get in and around the box so sometimes we're a little lightweight in there.

Moreno certainly has a bit of pace, not sure he's ready for a start yet. Certainly a good option off the bench though.
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree entirely, I just have Taylor's actual contribution to the goal down as owing more to luck than management, but absolutely he drew the defenders away from Elmander and I doubt we'd see Petrov in the mix in a month of Sundays.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 am

thebish wrote:we'll get utterly dicked.
Or, as one might say, we're doomed!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 am

Has someone hacked into thebish's account? :shock:

By the way - have they been on from RAWK yet, issuing a list of questions that they won't like the answers to, again?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:45 am

Despite their win at the w/e Liverpool are there for the taking. Over the past few years we've let a bit of an inferiority complex creep in against them but we've no reason to fear them this time.

Hodgson's rocking, confidence is low let's twist the knife and show them that a 2-1 home win against the Dingles hasn't 'kicked started' their season.

Hodgson must stay!
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:09 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

By the way - have they been on from RAWK yet, issuing a list of questions that they won't like the answers to, again?
:D

OK - I'll elaborate..

we've only lost one league game - that has to end soon - there's summat un-Bolton-like about not losing regularly..
torres finally found the net
we're the go-to team for teams getting back on track after a lean spell (or at least - we used to be)

we'll get dicked and it will mark the start of our ultimate dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:26 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

:D

OK - I'll elaborate..

we've only lost one league game - that has to end soon - there's summat un-Bolton-like about not losing regularly..
torres finally found the net
we're the go-to team for teams getting back on track after a lean spell (or at least - we used to be)

we'll get dicked and it will mark the start of our ultimate dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
Ah, that's much better. :D

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:32 am

Petrov is supposed to be a big game player so perhaps he will step up against the Pool, although I would drop him myself. Also Lee needs a rest so I would play Moreno for one of them to see if he can give us a bit more urgency up front.

Can't see Coyle dropping Elmander as he's the only one scoring regularly, but not at home yet. Can't see the rest of the team changing although I agree that Rickets should be given a chance.

But the Pool actually played well against Blackburn and should have won much more easily, so they will be not be the pushovers there for the taking that some think. I'd settle for another draw, but of course would prefer a win, however our defense still makes too many mistakes to keep them out so we will need to score 3 to get that win and I just can't see that happening.

But here's hoping!!!! :pray:

Prediction another 2-2 draw with us coming from behind this time.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:33 pm

This. Got the feeling we are gonna lose this weekend, they'll have their tails up. Can see another red card too, anythings possible with that cheating t**t Lucas in their side.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm

One of those games you just don't know. We seemed to have started showing less respect for the big clubs of late, which I think is a positive sign. For the past few years we have simply made it too easy.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Coyle will keep the same team.

I'd be tempted to put Taylor in for Petrov though.

I just think we need to have a little extra support but I'd not change the shape.

I don't think Petrov would have done the same.

Petrov might be a better option off the bench for a game or two with his pace against tiring defenders.

Coyle will stick with the same side though and really there can't be too many complaints with that.
Johnson cannot defend against pace. Petrov has it, Taylor doesn't.

Ont he flip side, Johnson offers a lot going forwards. Petrov won't defend, Taylor will.

It depends how brave we are on the day, but I'd be tempted to stay as we are
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:56 pm

we'll shit em.

I dont know any of their players anymore, is that Gerrard Stevens or whatever still playing for them?

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 pm

We're gonna shit em!! COYW!!
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:we'll shit em.

I dont know any of their players anymore, is that Gerrard Stevens or whatever still playing for them?
No he's rightfully in jail for assaulting a barman