Bolton v Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Re: Bolton v Wolves

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:13 pm

Oh no, but I did miss

concede the first two goals following Cahill and Jussi errors respectively before Sparky ends a mazy 30 yard run by dinking the keeper whilst Elmander clutches his face following a brush with a 5 ft 8 full back off the ball.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:21 pm

1 - 1. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Just don't want to think about this 'til kick off really... The same game last season was a crucial win to turn around a bad run though...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:14 am

Leaves OC with a bit of a dilemna- albeit a positive one - in a few areas: Lee back but maybe not quite recovered, Wheater doing well on his debut, Steinsson clamouring for a place and two strikers on the bench (assuming Klasnic's fit). Should be interesting. Might sharpen up a few attitudes and the will-to-win again knowing you're not a cert pencil-in. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

aussie_wanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by aussie_wanderer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 am

now davies and elmander finally have to look over there shoulders

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 am

It would be nice to start scoring again. I hate wolves..............willie feckin' gingercnut and all that. Would love it, love it!!! If we beat them 7-1, but I can see a 1-0 on the cards. It would be great if we had a striker to conjur up a little bit of magic in their box, beat about 4 players before slotting home a bending sidefooter........................Do we have anyone who could do that?................

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:31 am

Excited and nervous all at the same time for this one. Must-win.

Would be tempted to start Moreno and Sturridge up front, blind them with pace

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 am

If only you were OC mate, I'd love to see him shake it up like that because it's definitely NOT working at the moment.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:42 am

It wasnt long ago when we last played them, remember the form we were in then! that was a great game to watch, back then we also beat spurs 4-2, Toon 5-1, Holdens winner against Rovers, solid 2-0 v's WBA - plus decent performances away at City & Chelsea with respectable 1-0 defeats!

Just one stinking month of fixtures stands inbetween then and now, we need to just forget January altogether and pick ourselves back up. the upcoming fixture list looks pretty daunting right now, but a win here and things would look brighter imo. this game has GOT to be the starting point and a confidence builder for Everton at home in a few weeks. we cant expect much from Spurs away but should have enough to take points from a wounded Newcastle. if we lose on Wednesday i really cant see where the points points will come from! maybe West Ham in April!?

CYL is back, Klasnic is fit and Sturridge is here now - theres goals in them there players, just need Coyle to have the bottle to use them!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:43 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Excited and nervous all at the same time for this one. Must-win.

I hear where you're coming from with this, but. Could you imagine the furore if we got beaten without scoring (and I know we don't look like scoring much from Davo/Elmo at the minute either...)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Excited and nervous all at the same time for this one. Must-win.

I hear where you're coming from with this, but. Could you imagine the furore if we got beaten without scoring (and I know we don't look like scoring much from Davo/Elmo at the minute either...)
At the moment I think we need something different - the only positions on the pitch in which we can do this is up front. They'll have trained all week expecting to face Davo and Mandy and the sort of game that they play, so to fetch the two nippy lads on, with Mark Davies instead of Muamba to provide the ammunition gives us a totally new dimension.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 am

Stick Wheater upfront with Sturridge playing off his flick-ons :)

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 am

I like your thinking

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 am

Taylor, Sparky, Holden, & CYL? it'll be like Wolves V's Moss Bank U11's.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

At the moment I think we need something different - the only positions on the pitch in which we can do this is up front. They'll have trained all week expecting to face Davo and Mandy and the sort of game that they play, so to fetch the two nippy lads on, with Mark Davies instead of Muamba to provide the ammunition gives us a totally new dimension.
Don't disagree with the logic particularly. Sturridge may well have met the team by the time the game comes round, but he's unlikely to know anything much of our tactics.

It might also look interesting when we have the ball and going forwards, but it would probably be shit scary when we didn't have the ball and needed to defend.

Can't see it happening.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:50 am

We can worry about defending once we're 5-0 up at half time because of the revolutionary new tactics

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:We can worry about defending once we're 5-0 up at half time because of the revolutionary new tactics
You've been playing Football Manager again, haven't you?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 am

Have we signed Tommy Svindal Larsen yet? Tonton Zola Mokouko?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Have we signed Tommy Svindal Larsen yet? Tonton Zola Mokouko?
So that's where I'm going wrong.

I signed Gavin McCann.

I suspect I will be doing the garden shortly.

:lol:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 am

fecking tactics!? "just stick the ball in the back of the net bonny lad, enjoy yourself, good luck"