Fans' Forum #3

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Fans' Forum #3

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 pm

So who's going?


Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 pm

My tickets are with the lovely and sexy Bruce Rioja at the moment.

I would expect a write-up from any attendees and someone to ask Gowling to shut up in my absence 8)

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Can't believe your not going. I only got tickets so I could see you :cry:
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Sorry Daniel, we'll meet again soon 8)

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:58 pm

I fully expect to get into the nitty gritty at this event. I mean real issues like why we have music after goals and why the colours of the nets are half-white and half-blue. Not to mention the socks.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:15 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I fully expect to get into the nitty gritty at this event. I mean real issues like why we have music after goals and why the colours of the nets are half-white and half-blue. Not to mention the socks.
Ask them when they're going to finish the roof on the stadium too. That massive pich size hole in the middle has been there since the place opened.
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:I fully expect to get into the nitty gritty at this event. I mean real issues like why we have music after goals and why the colours of the nets are half-white and half-blue. Not to mention the socks.
Ask them when they're going to finish the roof on the stadium too. That massive pich size hole in the middle has been there since the place opened.
:pray:

It rains in through that bugger sometimes.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 pm

It's in the lion of vienna suite now, where is that?


BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Went to this, waste of time. Learned little. Coyle and Gartside had a few thinly veiled jabs at Allardyce. Other than that pretty dull. We are close to signing a striker, no names, I will let you guess.

We were close to signing a striker last week but pulled out cos he was injured. Again no names but hardly a secret.

Coyles plans for signings have not and were not dictated by selling Cahill or not.

He loves the club and has no desire to go anywhere else unless we tell him we don't want him anymore.

We are not offering Cahill a new deal until at least after the window closes. Don't want to distract him. Reading between the lines we aren't expecting a bid for him before window closes, and were going to have to offer a monster deal to get him to sign owt, but that was my interpretation of things there.

Coyle thinks we are better now than last season, as he felt we didn't have a good enough midfield when Holden was out last season and we are now much stronger in that area.

He still wants a couple of strikers and a wide player.

He doesnt like the idea of Barton on the right wing, should be central and we have no place for him and couldn't attract him even if we did.

Eddie Davies has put 100M into the club and continues to do so, he can't do so for ever, so we need to look how we can become self sufficient, bringing more players through the academy.

Ward sold because Coyle couldn't see him getting near our first team as he wasn't good enough. Sell on clause in deal in case OC was wrong!

Bogdan rated higher than Al Habsi which is why we sold Ali.

Award for the dullest question of the night goes to whoever asked for a run down of a typical week for our players. Zzzzzzzzzz

Oh and it's up to Nat Lofthouses family whether there is a statue. Basically they don't necessarily want one and one won't be forced on them. Talks ongoing.

Bout it unless anyone else can fill in....

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Went to this, waste of time. Learned little. Coyle and Gartside had a few thinly veiled jabs at Allardyce. Other than that pretty dull. We are close to signing a striker, no names, I will let you guess.

We were close to signing a striker last week but pulled out cos he was injured. Again no names but hardly a secret.

Coyles plans for signings have not and were not dictated by selling Cahill or not.

He loves the club and has no desire to go anywhere else unless we tell him we don't want him anymore.

We are not offering Cahill a new deal until at least after the window closes. Don't want to distract him. Reading between the lines we aren't expecting a bid for him before window closes, and were going to have to offer a monster deal to get him to sign owt, but that was my interpretation of things there.

Coyle thinks we are better now than last season, as he felt we didn't have a good enough midfield when Holden was out last season and we are now much stronger in that area.

He still wants a couple of strikers and a wide player.

He doesnt like the idea of Barton on the right wing, should be central and we have no place for him and couldn't attract him even if we did.

Eddie Davies has put 100M into the club and continues to do so, he can't do so for ever, so we need to look how we can become self sufficient, bringing more players through the academy.

Ward sold because Coyle couldn't see him getting near our first team as he wasn't good enough. Sell on clause in deal in case OC was wrong!

Bogdan rated higher than Al Habsi which is why we sold Ali.

Award for the dullest question of the night goes to whoever asked for a run down of a typical week for our players. Zzzzzzzzzz

Oh and it's up to Nat Lofthouses family whether there is a statue. Basically they don't necessarily want one and one won't be forced on them. Talks ongoing.

Bout it unless anyone else can fill in....

Thanks for that, glad I didn't bother.
It's only whats been said on here.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm

what were the jabs?

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:00 pm

jaffka wrote:what were the jabs?

:conf:
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 pm

jaffka wrote:what were the jabs?
Question was put to PG regarding Allardyce's comments.

Basically said it's sad that 5 years on Sam is more bothered talking bout us in the press than his current club. Gartside basically said he wouldn't go round saying what happened with Allardyce at the time because he doesn't want to drag thte club through the mud and get into a slinging match and the reality of the situation will never be told.

Coyle chipped in with the whole 'I don't like people talking about their old clubs, does nobody any favours and paints those individuals in a poor light'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Perfectly summed up by BWFCi there. I did think the most ridiculous question of the evening though was from the fella that asked Phil Gartside to promise not to change the name of the stadium.

Have to be honest, I think that this'll probably be the last of these that I attend but very well done to all involved for putting them on. A top effort.

Oh, asking the spare-prick-at-a-wedding Alan Gowling who was the best player he ever played with has come up twice in succession now and is clearly a plant just to involve him.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Perfectly summed up by BWFCi there. I did think the most ridiculous question of the evening though was from the fella that asked Phil Gartside to promise not to change the name of the stadium.

Have to be honest, I think that this'll probably be the last of these that I attend but very well done to all involved for putting them on. A top effort.

Oh, asking the spare-prick-at-a-wedding Alan Gowling who was the best player he ever played with has come up twice in succession now and is clearly a plant just to involve him.
Don't see the point of Gowling. Not like Coyle is shy or unable to fill the evening himself!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Eddie Davies has put 100M into the club and continues to do so, he can't do so for ever, so we need to look how we can become self sufficient, bringing more players through the academy.
Interesting. Am I not right in saying that his personal fortune amounts to about that?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Don't know LK. Suggestion from Gartside was he was still putting money in. Coyle mentioned that he'd provided the cash for the Jeffren deal that materialise in the end. Obviously can't go on forever!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:27 pm

I wanted to ask a question but, quite frankly bottled it.

It was "If Eddie Davies went under a bus tomorrow how would that leave the club?'
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Eddie Davies has put 100M into the club and continues to do so, he can't do so for ever, so we need to look how we can become self sufficient, bringing more players through the academy.
Interesting. Am I not right in saying that his personal fortune amounts to about that?
Thing is he pays himself about £3million a year in interest, which is obviously enough to live on. I don't think there is much danger of us going under while he is still knocking about, more he hasn't got the pennies to be throwing in extras. And all that money we owe him would be included (well, a large part of it depending on the deal) should he sell. Our problem is if he croaks before selling. Anybody know whether or not his kids are interested?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Don't know. But I know someday or other (my money being on sooner) he will no longer be in a position to put any more in. This then will be followed (sooner or later) by a period of us having to pay it back.

Unless he really is the most benevolent bloke this club has ever known. Not that he hasn't done a grand job already, mind. But its very rare anyone just writes off £100m.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.