Spuds at Home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Spuds at Home

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I wanted four points out of Sunderland and Spurs so I'm hoping for a win here. Then again I think the way QPR have been panned at Chelsea and if Spurs do the same to Blackburn I think I'd be happy with a draw.

I think we need to remember that this is a game in hand and in my opinion this is a "bonus" game. If we get something, great, if not then we're not really any worse off than where we were prior to kick off, unless you really want to be picky and say we could stay up on goal difference, which is highly unlikely.
Would be depressed again if we don't get at least 1 point, which would take us over Qpr, providing Blackburn lose later I think they'd be out of it, I reckon then we'd need 3 points From WBA and stoke, as I see Qpr beating Stoke and losing at City.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm

We really need the minimum of a draw here, a loss isn't good enough

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm

We will get shafted out of sight, 0-5 to Spuds.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm

A loss wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm hopeful for a draw though but I thought Tottenham looked really good today and they could quite easily thrash us. Saying that, their away form is poor and there could be a strange atmosphere at the game if Muamba is there, which will work in our favour.

I'd be satisfied with a draw, anyway.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm

I hope to feck that Coyle's just watched that and at the very least has sussed how NOT to play against Spurs!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TTID
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TTID » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Trust me
This game is more than winnable for you chaps.
Bburn were truly woeful today and we made seriously hard work of the win.
We got beaten by both Norwich and QPR who then subsequently got done 6-1 in their next games.

Lennon went off injured but hopefully he will be fit for the BW game because he does make a big difference for us.

If I were a Trotter I'd be feeling quite optimistic.
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours but i think that God's got a sick sense of humour and when i die i expect to find him laughing

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Modric totally bossed the mifield today and Adebayor is right on form. It was like an attack/defence training session. The score nowhere near told the truth; Blackburn weren't even in the game most of the time. Only Yakubu looked interested and Kean took him off? Not much to learn from that game except Spurs looked really sharp. Can only hope the pitch took a bit of legs out of them. We'll have to play out of our skins to get anything.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:01 pm

It depends whether they're up for playing on a cold and windy Wednesday night in Bolton. History has suggested otherwise.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Apart from when they beat us in the cup a bit back.

What is it with Spurs and our players collapsing on the pitch in cup games btw?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Biggest game we've had at home this, since we beat Sunderland to stay up at Readings expense.

Let's be noisy.

Let's be scrappy.

And let's not fecking lose!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 pm

TTID wrote:Trust me
This game is more than winnable for you chaps.
You coming up for it, Chief?
May the bridges I burn light your way

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I think looking at this game as a bonus is the best way if we win good if not then it doesn't set us back any further than we are if I was Coyle I'd really go for it wouldn't be surprised to see Sordell play a part in this one.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

newboy wrote:I think looking at this game as a bonus is the best way if we win good if not then it doesn't set us back any further than we are if I was Coyle I'd really go for it wouldn't be surprised to see Sordell play a part in this one.

I would!

We'll play miles better than Blackburn but lose by more goals: 1–3, two of theirs coming late.

But nonetheless: COYFWM!!!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 pm

This game is winnable and boy do we need one. 2-1 to us.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Makes it worse that Tottenham still have 3rd spot in their sights. If they come to Bolton needing the three points they'll give it a good go. I was hoping this wasn't going to be the case but to keep in touching distance of Arsenal and that Champions League spot they'll be definitely going for it.

We have to play them like we normally play them and give them a good game. We know theres plenty more points that are needed to stay up.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Camera's will be on old rubber face to see if he has snapped at the Roy Decision.

Spurs will be well up for this to show their joy at the fact he's been overlooked.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:04 pm

DJBlu wrote:Camera's will be on old rubber face to see if he has snapped at the Roy Decision.

Spurs will be well up for this to show their joy at the fact he's been overlooked.
Or alternatively Spurs will lose focus with all the attention! Make it hostile and we can do em.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:Camera's will be on old rubber face to see if he has snapped at the Roy Decision.

Who is to say they won't interview other candidates at season end? They might have approached Roy due to the fact West Broms season is pretty much done.. With Spurs they might have gone in for Arry and been told to wait until season end.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Who is to say they won't interview other candidates at season end? They might have approached Roy due to the fact West Broms season is pretty much done.. With Spurs they might have gone in for Arry and been told to wait until season end.
They've decided - all the stuff they are saying about not asking to interview other people...

Hodgson could feck it up, i suppose, but only by drinking two litres of whisky the night before the interview and offering true love to Mrs Bernstein...

Which gives us one game against Prince Despondent and one against Prince Apparent...

Your guess is as good as mine how that works... Six points would be my hope...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Spurs will probably be up for it, because they're still playing for fourth spot, regardless of the Redknapp situation. And you can bet yer ass, that win bonuses in the CL are better than those in the Prem...