10-1 to be Promoted... as Champions.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: 10-1 to be Promoted... as Champions.

Post by LeDonk » Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 pm

Aye, because anything else will solely be down to this post?

Get a grip.
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 pm

LeDonk wrote:Aye, because anything else will solely be down to this post?

Get a grip.
There's a lot of superstitious folk round here, friend. It fair bends the head.

LeDonk
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeDonk » Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Granted.

But I don't think them superstitions have helped much the last few years.

No room for optimism?
"I canny destroy you today lads, I'm on some very serious business"

Coyling - Maintains volume to those who still won't listen.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: 10-1 to be Promoted...

Post by Mar » Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Gail Platz wrote:fecking hell we've got a better side than all of those three!
Maybe not after the summer clearout.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun May 20, 2012 3:02 am

LeDonk wrote:Yeah as Champions, apologies.. should have stated this in the sub-title. Changed now.

Still think it's absolute bang on.

I was never optimistic about us staying up, unfortunately we did go down but I can't see anything else apart from us jumping straight back up.
Just can't see us going up as Champions, we have shown nothing for the past three years that we have a good enogh squad or manager to do that. :shock:

Play off place, maybe the best we can hope for. So keep your money in your pockets guy's and don't tempt fate!! :cry:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:23 am

FaninOz wrote:
Play off place, maybe the best we can hope for. So keep your money in your pockets guy's and don't tempt fate!! :cry:
i'd put money on us not dropping a point and i hate team coyle.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun May 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Mar wrote:
Other than Reo-Coker, who have we lost that will make us somewhat worse than we were last season?

All the players that have gone were complete garbage. I'm not even bothered about losing NRC as Holden is coming back. Lee is a big improvement on Eagles and Mears coming back has to be an improvement on anyone else we've tried at right back this season.

Finally, we'll get to see some of Sordell.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Suspect it’s too early to count our chickens just yet, and we might need to brace ourselves for approaches from the circling vultures if our ‘saleable assets’ make it through the first few matches unscathed.

If we arrive at September with Mark Davies, Holden and Lee Chung-yong still Bolton players; I’m confident that we’ll be shorter than 10-1.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm

10-1? Fecking hell thats horrible value. A lot of Championship sides could compete with the bottom half of the Premiership and certainly on their own patch. We have a shot of going up but I don't feel it'll be as champions. I would prefer automatic but victory through the play offs and a trip to Wembley would be nice.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun May 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
Mar wrote:
Other than Reo-Coker, who have we lost that will make us somewhat worse than we were last season?

All the players that have gone were complete garbage. I'm not even bothered about losing NRC as Holden is coming back. Lee is a big improvement on Eagles and Mears coming back has to be an improvement on anyone else we've tried at right back this season.

Finally, we'll get to see some of Sordell.

We have only been down a bloody week!
Long worry-full summer to come!

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sun May 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I would like to see the club do something special for the away fans this next season, I think a good following of 2 - 3,000 away would really help this squad.
any 10 away tickets £200
any 10 coach tickets £100
We have saved over 10 mill on salaries surely a little can be put to support the team from another angle.
just a thought

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun May 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Devon White wrote:I would like to see the club do something special for the away fans this next season, I think a good following of 2 - 3,000 away would really help this squad.
any 10 away tickets £200
We have saved over 10 mill on salaries surely a little can be put to support the team from another angle.
just a thought
The club won't even pay to have a statue built for its greatest ever player, so you'd be kidding yourself if you think they'll help us out on anything else.

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sun May 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Ye, perhaps i am hoping for too much, but after watching that pathetic attempt to stay in the prem I think the board need to look towards the fans to be part of keeping us in the championship ( let alone promotion !!)

Gail Platz wrote:
Devon White wrote:I would like to see the club do something special for the away fans this next season, I think a good following of 2 - 3,000 away would really help this squad.
any 10 away tickets £200
just a thought
The club won't even pay to have a statue built for its greatest ever player, so you'd be kidding yourself if you think they'll help us out on anything else.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:10-1? Fecking hell thats horrible value. A lot of Championship sides could compete with the bottom half of the Premiership and certainly on their own patch. We have a shot of going up but I don't feel it'll be as champions. I would prefer automatic but victory through the play offs and a trip to Wembley would be nice.
Having watched the West Ham/Blackpool I've decided I'd rather avoid all that; it was tense enough as a neutral.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Play off final YHIHF

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 20, 2012 10:25 pm

Blimey, I dont know whether to admire or scoff at some of the optimism on this thread. Am sure we'll finish above Peterboro, Millwall & Barnsley. No idea how we'll get on against t'others yet.

One thing I can guarantee - if we dont at least get into the play offs all those moNgalongs from Bury, Tranmere, Wolves etc that came on here when we went down will be back to this thread in a flash
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Blimey, I dont know whether to admire or scoff at some of the optimism on this thread. Am sure we'll finish above Peterboro, Millwall & Barnsley. No idea how we'll get on against t'others yet.

One thing I can guarantee - if we dont at least get into the play offs all those moNgalongs from Bury, Tranmere, Wolves etc that came on here when we went down will be back to this thread in a flash

Agree with most of this, but why can you be so sure about those 3 ????
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Blimey, I dont know whether to admire or scoff at some of the optimism on this thread. Am sure we'll finish above Peterboro, Millwall & Barnsley. No idea how we'll get on against t'others yet.

Christ, I thought I was a pessimist :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun May 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:

Christ, I thought I was a pessimist :lol:
Its what 50 years watching this lot does to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun May 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Agreed :)

I'm sure many outsiders have written us off already as we appeared to have more out of contract players, and wasted no time in releasing them, than say Wolves or t'Rovers.