Marv claming Millwall fans were racist...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Marv claming Millwall fans were racist...

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 am

there are worse places to live for example i would rather live there then Burnley or Colne or Nelson. Middlesbrough is much worse as is Redcar. the mickey mousers are not angry yet they all live in shitholes
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:there are worse places to live for example i would rather live there then Burnley or Colne or Nelson. Middlesbrough is much worse as is Redcar. the mickey mousers are angry yet tehy all live in shitholes
Don't travel much then dan?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 am

Has anyone agreed with him? Rightly or wrongly I just get the impression he's possibly a little foolhardy at times and could be making this up... Hope not as it does no-one any favours, as there is no place for it anywhere in society let alone football but I just get the feeling....
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 am

sky sports have not even bothered to put this up on their website
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:08 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:Has anyone agreed with him? Rightly or wrongly I just get the impression he's possibly a little foolhardy at times and could be making this up... Hope not as it does no-one any favours, as there is no place for it anywhere in society let alone football but I just get the feeling....

What? :crazy:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Hodori wrote:sorry but we got bigger things to worry about.
Than racism? Like what?

What in football is more important than combating racism?

Very, very short sited
Last edited by boltonboris on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:19 pm

Well it certainly takes the attention off Coyle doesn't it...
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:20 pm

No... It doesn't.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Sponge wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:Has anyone agreed with him? Rightly or wrongly I just get the impression he's possibly a little foolhardy at times and could be making this up... Hope not as it does no-one any favours, as there is no place for it anywhere in society let alone football but I just get the feeling....

What? :crazy:
I concur. Very confused by this allegation. :conf:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, its clearly got anything to do with our plight in the league.

Coyle out, the incident inducing bastard.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Oh I don't know slagging off selection policy on twitter.... Or at least letting your misses do it continually ain't the sharpest... To be honest getting in to the ensuing slagging matches with millwall fans ain't overly clever regardless of them saying anything or not... I may be doing him a complete injustice, but as I say unfortunately I just have a nagging suspicion is all... If it is found to be true the people doing it should be locked up, they won't be but should...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Oh I don't know slagging off selection policy on twitter.... Or at least letting your misses do it continually ain't the sharpest... To be honest getting in to the ensuing slagging matches with millwall fans ain't overly clever regardless of them saying anything or not... I may be doing him a complete injustice, but as I say unfortunately I just have a nagging suspicion is all... If it is found to be true the people doing it should be locked up, they won't be but should...
Oh well, if we're doing 'hunches' and 'feelings' - mine is that it's probable there were individual racist insults that went unpunished, and these may have been persistent, but no collective chanting.

It was very easy to hear the persistent observation from Millwall supporters that Eagles is a c**t, sung quite tunefully and with great enthusiasm... But I heard no racist chanting from the crowd...

I don't really have the 'feeling' that Sordell is simply going to invent this and name other players as well...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Didn't moo say something similar last season when we beat them in the cup?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:51 pm

ChrisC wrote:Didn't moo say something similar last season when we beat them in the cup?
Yes, yes he did.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 am

"something similar" isn't quite right when he didn't include the word 'racist'
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:11 am

Strange how racist people can be except if its their own ethnic player :crazy:

MasGib
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MasGib » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 am

Racism. Is it me or am I missing something? We live in a multicultural society in Britain and I for one enjoy the diversity that brings to us all.
But if I was a professional footballer playing at a high level earning to the average man vast sums of money, and some low intelligent social yob who probably spent the majority of his benefits or a high percentage of his wages was shouting things at me from the stands I would just laugh and think who is the fool here? Your paying to see me play a game!
It’s about time the professional players grew up and stopped bleating about nothing, “sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me”
Or “for someone to make you feel inferior they require your consent”
One of the funniest sitcoms ever was Mind your language, was it Racist or just good fun observing the differences in human beings? Lets get back to basics we all breath air and bleed red blood, a liberal dose of common sense is needed, Mr Sordell please grow up and let your football do the talking.
, I am a 60yo white guy would anyone be interested if someone shouted things at me? I think not, and would I care? Not in the slightest!

Mas Gib

awol84
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by awol84 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 am

Millwall fan here.

Marvin Sordell was the one who was goading supporters when you equalised, he got stick back and never liked it. Was there a racist comment? I don't know. What I will say is this wouldn't be the first time we were accused of racism only for it to be proved utter bollocks.

Is it possible a racist comment was made? Of course it is, Millwall like every other club in the land has racist supporters.

I've seen on twitter that one of your fans is going to report fellow Bolton fans for racially abusing Danny Shittu - don't see much mention of that on this forum?

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 am

awol84 wrote:Millwall fan here.

Marvin Sordell was the one who was goading supporters when you equalised, he got stick back and never liked it. Was there a racist comment? I don't know. What I will say is this wouldn't be the first time we were accused of racism only for it to be proved utter bollocks.
The frig are you posting this for then?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

awol84 wrote:Millwall fan here.

Is it possible a racist comment was made? Of course it is, Millwall like every other club in the land has racist supporters.

I've seen on twitter that one of your fans is going to report fellow Bolton fans for racially abusing Danny Shittu - don't see much mention of that on this forum?
That would be, maybe because the only place it's been noted is on someone's Twitter Account? Can't mention what we don't know about or would you expect that we're psychic?

If there was racist chanting from Bolton fans, it should be dealt with in exactly the same way as for Milwall fans. Happy now?