The Blackburn thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: The Blackburn thread.

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Check mate to the bish

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that people are under the impression that there is a magic formula to win us games. However the formula seems to be different with every poster and forum.
you used to say the magic formula was to stop playing 4-4-2 and start playing 3-5-1 (or some variant of it) - and poo-pooed me when i said it might be more complicated than a magic formula formation!! (we discussed the matter for a couple of days IIRC!)
The 4-5-1 system has improved us though..........so I think I can rightly stand by that!

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

1-1
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Was at Brighton on Saturday and my word was it appalling. Have to admit laughing when we equalised, but that was the only joy I got from the entire game - not that the weather helped things. But my word - ghastly.

If we pull the ame level of performance out on Tuesday then Blackburn will be out of sight by half time.

Like most, I'd like to see us make more use of our natural widemen and if we're going to play with a defensive midfielder then it'd be nice to see one of our defensive midfielders utilised. Anyway - I do trust Dougie, and I think he is entitled to experiment with the players in any way he deems fit, and the fact that he is unbeaten means he will feel he has achieved step one: stop the ship sinking.

Back on Blackburn, this is a chance for him to get the fans right on side. A win over local rivals cheers anyone up - even the ridiculous Dougie doubters who have already started questioning the appointment.

Unfortunately for the free-flowing football lovers, Blackburn away is one of the hardest Championship games on paper, and first step will be stopping them from playing. I'd be looking for five defensively minded players (plus a keeper) and probably one up top (please not Afobe).

Anyway - real test for Dougie, and chance to raise spirits. Let's face it though, we'll daw. 1-1. And it'll be a great result if we do.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:Was at Brighton on Saturday and my word was it appalling. Have to admit laughing when we equalised, but that was the only joy I got from the entire game - not that the weather helped things. But my word - ghastly.

If we pull the ame level of performance out on Tuesday then Blackburn will be out of sight by half time.

Like most, I'd like to see us make more use of our natural widemen and if we're going to play with a defensive midfielder then it'd be nice to see one of our defensive midfielders utilised. Anyway - I do trust Dougie, and I think he is entitled to experiment with the players in any way he deems fit, and the fact that he is unbeaten means he will feel he has achieved step one: stop the ship sinking.

Back on Blackburn, this is a chance for him to get the fans right on side. A win over local rivals cheers anyone up - even the ridiculous Dougie doubters who have already started questioning the appointment.

Unfortunately for the free-flowing football lovers, Blackburn away is one of the hardest Championship games on paper, and first step will be stopping them from playing. I'd be looking for five defensively minded players (plus a keeper) and probably one up top (please not Afobe).

Anyway - real test for Dougie, and chance to raise spirits. Let's face it though, we'll daw. 1-1. And it'll be a great result if we do.
You sure? Even BL3!? :wink:

I'm gonna go for 2-1 us.....I think....hopefully...erm....

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 pm

I've convinced myself Freedman will definitely pick a team and there will certainly be a result.

Beyond that, I wouldn't like to say.

Actually, I will push the boat out. Baring accident, Bogdan to play in goal.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:44 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
Owen'sEleven wrote:Was at Brighton on Saturday and my word was it appalling. Have to admit laughing when we equalised, but that was the only joy I got from the entire game - not that the weather helped things. But my word - ghastly.

You sure? Even BL3!? :wink:

I'm gonna go for 2-1 us.....I think....hopefully...erm....
For a minute or two.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The point I was trying to make is that people are under the impression that there is a magic formula to win us games. However the formula seems to be different with every poster and forum.
you used to say the magic formula was to stop playing 4-4-2 and start playing 3-5-1 (or some variant of it) - and poo-pooed me when i said it might be more complicated than a magic formula formation!! (we discussed the matter for a couple of days IIRC!)
The 4-5-1 system has improved us though..........so I think I can rightly stand by that!
so there IS a magic formula?? now I'm confused... there isn't, but there is???

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:07 pm

I think you will find that you are wrong - and that what you actually witnessed was a steady improvement and a platform for the future...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm

it's a tough game - and anything up to a narrow defeat will be a steady improvement and a platform for a push-on once those easier games* come along...

*not Barnsley at home

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I think Blackburn have only scored 9 goals at home this season (fewest in the league) soooooooo. 5-0 Blackburn then.

Going to go 2-1 Bolton . CYL and Petrov involved.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Right now I wouldn't try and pick our best 11, frankly i have no idea, and I doubt anyone else does.
Gotta agree with this. I have no idea who our best XI is or what our best formation is to get the best out of them.

I have been failry consistent in believing that we do have a good squad but I'm even starting to doubt that.

Any road, Dougie will sort it out. 1-0 win to us.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Right now I wouldn't try and pick our best 11, frankly i have no idea, and I doubt anyone else does.
Gotta agree with this. I have no idea who our best XI is or what our best formation is to get the best out of them.

I have been failry consistent in believing that we do have a good squad but I'm even starting to doubt that.

Any road, Dougie will sort it out. 1-0 win to us.
he'd better... we did the double over this lot last season...

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm

thebish wrote:

I think you will find that you are wrong - and that what you actually witnessed was a steady improvement and a platform for the future...
I do hope so. And I'll take a point when playing so badly away from home at a decent team. On paper, progress. In reality though, the ay we got to that point was truly terrible.

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Toni_DelijeSever wrote:Bogdan - Ricketts,Knight,Mills,Warnock - Andrews,Spearing - Petrov,Eagles,CYL - SKD

I would fancy a 2-1 win with this team on,but...
SKD up on his own? Plenty will disagree with that.

And no Mark Davies?

Just proves the point....
I would never sacrifice a midfielder to pair someone with SKD. Ngog,Sordell,Afobe,they can't bring so much quality in our play as Spearing or Andrews can.

Mavies? Eagles still my first choice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am

I think of "our best team" and I get as far as

1) Bogdan - not sure if he's our best keeper or not, but from all accounts had a good 'un on Saturday - so drop him, he's due a mare
2) Knight, Warnock and maybe Ricketts + anyone else
3) Eagles, Spearing and some other people
4) Some people.

So I get as far as 4 - Knight, Warnock, Eagles and Spearing. The rest you can probably put in the Sorting Hat, and I still haven't seen any of our other strikers "pushing SKD" out yet this season.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 am

Toni_DelijeSever wrote: I would never sacrifice a midfielder to pair someone with SKD. Ngog,Sordell,Afobe,they can't bring so much quality in our play as Spearing or Andrews can. Mavies? Eagles still my first choice.
If SKD plays up front he needs somebody to push up with him or come in on his knockdowns.(Eagles or somebody in the hole) He wins the ariel balls, but with nobody up with him, what's the use? If we're playing defensive and attacking from midfield we might as well play N'gog. Davo is one front man who can play wide if needed, but that's what we have Chungy and Petrov for.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 am

---------Bogdan-----------
Ricketts-Knight-Mills-Warnock
----Spearing---Mavies------
Chungy---Eagles-----Petrov
-----------Ngog------------
?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:48 am

They got hammered by Milwall. Lets see how brave we are. 4-6-0 formation, then? You know.. For the sake of progress.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

It's gonna be a Titanic battle with Henning versus Dougie as newly elevated captains of their vessels. We need to avoid the dangers that Berg will put in our way, so let's hope we don't sail full steam ahead with another unfamiliar crew and that we don't crash into them and rip us a new arsehole, because then we might be in danger of sinking without trace.

[Centenary match - then 26/Oct/1912 Rovers 6v0 Wanderers]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください