Leeds United - Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leeds United - Away

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Can I just say, I don't like Leeds United?
"I don't like Leeds United."
Thanks.
I've had all night and seven pints to contemplate this statement and it is lacking. I need to add to it, so here goes - "I really, really don't like Leeds United."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 pm

I was gonna go to this etc etc
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 am

Was considering it.
Not anymore...

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 am

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Was considering it.
Not anymore...
Same here. Go to most but won't be going to this one.
Is it turning into a virtual boycott?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm

bettyrasta wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Was considering it.
Not anymore...
Same here. Go to most but won't be going to this one.
Is it turning into a virtual boycott?
as in Geoffrey :D
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 pm

What you should all do is go - on the trains, by bus, whatever, go to the ground (ticketless) and not go in. That way Leeds/Bates will have to fund the police bill (double time, innit?) for 2000 Bolton fans going, but they don't get a penny in receipts.

I know it's no fun standing outside a ground listening to the radio, but I would have thought that's a darned sight more fun than sitting at home, after all that's giving Mr. Bates a kicking (proverbially speaking). Even if they won't allow ticketless fans near the ground, the access points will need policing (and paying for), so will the station.

Bolton fans can cost Leeds a hell of a lot of money for nothing in return. Even your greatest enemies will support you on this one - the price is a complete joke.

If you don't do this, Leeds will have got away with it, and expect the cost of following football to go up everywhere.

If you want to continue watching football, and are on a limited budget (aren't we all??) then keeping away is the only answer. If you cAN afford it, think of those who can't, and the position you might be in if your job goes tits-up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 pm

^^ Had it been on an ordinary Saturday I'd have seriously considered it. With it being on NYD I'm just not prepared to break off from seeing family and friends to do it. And they can, quite simply, get to feck.
Didn't Captain Birdseye win his case against the WYP that once outside the ground the policing of supporters had nowt to do with him, or his tab?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:^^ Had it been on an ordinary Saturday I'd have seriously considered it. With it being on NYD I'm just not prepared to break off from seeing family and friends to do it. And they can, quite simply, get to feck.
Didn't Captain Birdseye win his case against the WYP that once outside the ground the policing of supporters had nowt to do with him, or his tab?
Yeah, I know a club doesn't pay for policing a wider area, but if they knew 2000+ were heading for the game, and without tickets, then some kind of block approaching the ground would be required, which may well be billed to the club?
2000 approaching Leeds fans sounds like a recipe for trouble, but on this issue I think you may well have the support of the home fans. Surely THEY know the prices are absurd?

Of course, Bolton can make the home game all-ticket, and to get around the *same price as home fans* rule make it season-tickets only Bolton, and charge Leeds fans £50 at the Reebok next season? I think Bolton have already played Leeds at home this season - pity. It could have been tit-for-tat.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Its not the leeds fans though is it.

but they are fecking stupid enough to pay the prices themselves i suppose

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Its not the leeds fans though is it.

but they are fecking stupid enough to pay the prices themselves i suppose
Not many of them judging by the thousands of empty seats every week. Though of course they're still a massive club, apparently.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 pm

20k? I dread to think what our attendance would be in the same circumstances.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 am

Aye, but we're not the only club in one of Britains 5 biggest cities.... In terms of catchment area they should probably have the biggest attendances in the country.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

dont think id pay £36 to watch a game of championship football if i was a fking millionaire.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:20k? I dread to think what our attendance would be in the same circumstances.
Our prices aren't too far behind for some of the higher category games, especially when you consider that Leeds fans can sit behind the goal for £31 against us (and even cheaper than that in the family area). Leeds have got the eighth highest average attendance and less than 4,000 ahead of us on average. As Boris says, for a one city club with such a huge catchment area, it's bobbins.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:20k? I dread to think what our attendance would be in the same circumstances.
Our prices aren't too far behind for some of the higher category games, especially when you consider that Leeds fans can sit behind the goal for £31 against us (and even cheaper than that in the family area). Leeds have got the eighth highest average attendance and less than 4,000 ahead of us on average. As Boris says, for a one city club with such a huge catchment area, it's bobbins.
I think some of that, being bobbins, is down to the legacy and sour taste left in the mouth by the 'fans' that used to attend when they were a big club. A bigger shower of shits it would be difficult to find in any city, in fact despite all of Manchester, Liverpool and London's best efforts, only Rome can compete for the title of city with the greatest concentration of dickheads within its population.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:38 pm

They do have the most banning orders.

I suppose I'm just a bit 'glass houses' when it comes to slagging attendances and atmospheres off..

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Aanvalluh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:^^ Had it been on an ordinary Saturday I'd have seriously considered it. With it being on NYD I'm just not prepared to break off from seeing family and friends to do it. And they can, quite simply, get to feck.
Yeah, I know a club doesn't pay for policing a wider area, but if they knew 2000+ were heading for the game, and without tickets, then some kind of block approaching the ground would be required, which may well be billed to the club?
2000 approaching Leeds fans sounds like a recipe for trouble, but on this issue I think you may well have the support of the home fans. Surely THEY know the prices are absurd?

Of course, Bolton can make the home game all-ticket, and to get around the *same price as home fans* rule make it season-tickets only Bolton, and charge Leeds fans £50 at the Reebok next season? I think Bolton have already played Leeds at home this season - pity. It could have been tit-for-tat.
With it being NYD I doubt anyone will be too bothered. I was looking for to the game, but I've never been to a new years game and not wished I'd have stayed in bed.

I'm surprised you've got any fans left, if Captain Birdseye came here and jacked up the prices then we'd average less than 10k!
Troll and proud of it.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
I think some of that, being bobbins, is down to the legacy and sour taste left in the mouth by the 'fans' that used to attend when they were a big club. A bigger shower of shits it would be difficult to find in any city, in fact despite all of Manchester, Liverpool and London's best efforts, only Rome can compete for the title of city with the greatest concentration of dickheads within its population.
naples ?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.