Tom Eaves, the human library book

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Tom Eaves, the human library book

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 pm

13 goals in 23 league appearances. Not bad going! definitely better long-term that he's doing that for them than sitting on our bench.

Having said that his strike rate in League 2 was a goal in every 2.1 games, in League 1 is now a goal every 1.3 games so at that rate of improvement as he climbs the leagues he will score 2 goals per game for us in the Championship giving him 14 in our remaining games and 6 in the playoffs. Cool. Ok, bring him back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:22 am

what was the name of that other striker we sent out on loan who was going to be our saviour? couple of seasons ago...

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wrighty92 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 am

thebish wrote:what was the name of that other striker we sent out on loan who was going to be our saviour? couple of seasons ago...
Danny Ward? He's gonna score the winner against us for Huddersfield tonight...

DOOMED!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Wrighty92 wrote:
thebish wrote:what was the name of that other striker we sent out on loan who was going to be our saviour? couple of seasons ago...

DOOMED!!!
ahh yes - that's the fellah - high hopes on here for him once upon a time...

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:34 pm

thebish wrote:
Wrighty92 wrote:

DOOMED!!!
ahh yes - that's the fellah - high hopes on here for him once upon a time...
Wasn't he the fellah that the manager who shall not be named used as a sub, and many fans were out for that managers blood because they had never even heard of Ward. Think it was during one of his "the squad is too small" periods.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm

seanworth wrote: Wasn't he the fellah that the manager who shall not be named used as a sub, and many fans were out for that managers blood because they had never even heard of Ward. Think it was during one of his "the squad is too small" periods.
aye - but then he became the flavour of the month saviour-in-absentia!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

thebish wrote:
seanworth wrote: Wasn't he the fellah that the manager who shall not be named used as a sub, and many fans were out for that managers blood because they had never even heard of Ward. Think it was during one of his "the squad is too small" periods.
I assume you are talking about Ward there. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:31 pm

seanworth wrote:
thebish wrote:
I assume you are talking about Ward there. :wink:
aye! 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 pm

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/2013/4 ... sbury-town" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm

You mean we have a striker on our books who knows where the net is?

Get the fecker sold 8)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:42 am

Now, looking at those three goals, (and yes it's league one), but he does look the business. Those aren't three tap ins, or three flukes, he's hammered two in from outside the box and the other is a great run from his own half, yeah with a lucky bounce or two, but then the telling thing is a brilliant finish at the end.

The lad clearly is benefitting from games. I do wonder though whether a cheeky recall before the end of the season is in order.

Not yet perhaps as he can get more experience from playing 90 minutes.

But given we're not exactly "rolling in strikers who can hit the net" I wonder if for the last two or three games it's worth a go? I mean he's apparently going to be in the first team squad next season according to Dougie so giving him a little taste of the championship can't hurt, in preparation for that if nothing else?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Now, looking at those three goals, (and yes it's league one), but he does look the business. Those aren't three tap ins, or three flukes, he's hammered two in from outside the box and the other is a great run from his own half, yeah with a lucky bounce or two, but then the telling thing is a brilliant finish at the end.

The lad clearly is benefitting from games. I do wonder though whether a cheeky recall before the end of the season is in order.

But given we're not exactly "rolling in strikers who can hit the net" I wonder if for the last two or three games it's worth a go? I mean he's apparently going to be in the first team squad next season according to Dougie so giving him a little taste of the championship can't hurt, in preparation for that if nothing else?

careful.... Coyle signed him...

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:11 am

bish stop following BWFCI around pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. If you like him so much then do what every other pre-teen does and ask your mate to tell his mate.

Anyway, Shrews seem happy with him http://blueandamber.proboards.com/threa ... es-hatrick" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, didn't realise Tony Kelly was there before he signed for us!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 am

mrkint wrote:bish stop following BWFCI around pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
8) very touching! but he's the only one posting this morning - the rest of you must be working or summat - worthy's out mowing the lawn! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm

thebish wrote:
8) very touching! but he's the only one posting this morning - the rest of you must be working or summat - worthy's out mowing the lawn! :wink:
Worthy got in a gardener. :oops:

Have we established how shit N'gog was last night? (That'll draw BWFCI back out for you Bish. :-) )

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Now, looking at those three goals, (and yes it's league one), but he does look the business. Those aren't three tap ins, or three flukes, he's hammered two in from outside the box and the other is a great run from his own half, yeah with a lucky bounce or two, but then the telling thing is a brilliant finish at the end.

He's talked about using him before the end of the season.. Suppose it depends on how Shrewsbury are doing. If they've got something to play for, he'll benefit from playing in pressure matches
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

so - worthy and bruce have both got staff... were you two not in a "you're posher than me" face off based ion cars a couple of weeks ago?? :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:24 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

so - worthy and bruce have both got staff... were you two not in a "you're posher than me" face off based ion cars a couple of weeks ago?? :wink:
No that was just Brucie. I know who's posher. :mrgreen:

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 pm

a few days old but might be of iinterest

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... goal_hero/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 am

From memory five of his six Shrewsbury goals have come from 18 yards or more... And the exception came after he'd dribbled the ball from his own half...