Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Eight games remaining Two four game mini Leagues

Post by mrkint » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 pm

4-0 down against Brum! Christ.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Wes Morgan sent off for leicester after 3 mins! Excellent. Come on Millwall do us a favour.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:03 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:Looks like it could get a whole lot closer at the top, with Watford ( Udinese 2nd ) only drawing Palace 3 down to Birmingham with half an hour left. Palace 1 pt from 9, Leicester in freefall and need a win tonight.

Football throws up funny stories how bout Palace-Bolton in the play offs as a story.
Have thought of that many times and I think it is likely we will play them in the semi's
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Millwall just went 1 nil up against Leicester with a few minutes left and are down to ten men!
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 pm

Millwall beat Leicester!

Game on, ladies and gents. Forest-Brighton tomorrow - is our best hope a draw from that one? That would put us (if we beat Charlton) 2 behind Leicester, 3 behind Brighton and 4 behind Forest...

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 pm

We are so obviously going to lose to Charlton tomorrow. This is panning out too perfect so far.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:47 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Wes Morgan sent off for leicester after 3 mins! Excellent. Come on Millwall do us a favour.
Favour done, thanks Millwall. Lets do the job at Charlton tomorrow and we are in with a great shout :D

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 pm

I said a couple of months ago that Leicester will blow it. Let's just hope we can capitalise.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 pm

A glimmer of hope?

It's what keeps us going.............but it's also what can kill us.

Just saying like.
Hope is what keeps us going.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:56 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I said a couple of months ago that Leicester will blow it. Let's just hope we can capitalise.
you also said that dougie was a total failure... to be fair!! :wink:

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 pm

There are enough of the teams around us slipping up if we can pot a run together anything like the last 10 games then we can be the team that steams in at the end of season to get a play off place. Lets keep the faith (and hoping).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Madrigal wrote:There are enough of the teams around us slipping up if we can put a run together anything like the last 10 games then we can be the team that steams in at the end of season to get a play off place. Lets keep the faith (and hoping).
yeah - but we won't, will we - so - at ease!! :wink:

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 pm

thebish wrote:
Madrigal wrote:There are enough of the teams around us slipping up if we can put a run together anything like the last 10 games then we can be the team that steams in at the end of season to get a play off place. Lets keep the faith (and hoping).
Yes faith and hope will see is through.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Madrigal wrote:
thebish wrote:
new loan signings?? :wink:

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lets have faith and hope the lad can score a few :wink:

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:37 pm

Madrigal wrote:
thebish wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lets have faith and hope the lad can score a few :wink:
Undoubtedly Dan's seen him a few times in the lower leagues. I seriously think we should reserve judgement until he's spoken.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 pm

[/quote]Undoubtedly Dan's seen him a few times in the lower leagues. I seriously think we should reserve judgement until he's spoken.[/quote]

Don't see him starting or playing tomorrow as he's not been playing any games from what I've read.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Palace fans reportedly fighting amongst themselves and one burst into the press conference to tell Holloway how shit they think he is.

Now plenty of their fans and some of ours believed they got the better deal in the manager merrygoround.

Not many of their fans saying that now.

Whether we get in the play offs or not I feel that we are on the right long term course and have a manager with a proper long term plan and the balls to carry it out. First time since Sam.

Next 8 games are big. I will wager though that irrespective next season will be massive with a capital M!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:32 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I said a couple of months ago that Leicester will blow it. Let's just hope we can capitalise.
you also said that dougie was a total failure... to be fair!! :wink:
:lol:

I was critical of some things and I think I was right at the time. For example, I criticised the constant attempts at playing one striker and argued two up front would work, and when we started playing that way, the results improved. I'm glad that Freedman saw that things needed to change, unlike some of our fans, and made the changes when necessary.

Though honestly, I'm still not entirely sold on Freedman. I think he's a solid manager but there's a lot of excessive positivity about things he does. In the past few days, we've sent Holden out on loan, brought in an untested young player, an average old player and pissed Davies off - if Coyle had done that, he'd be vilified but people seem to be giving Freedman the benefit of the doubt. Freedman gets the praise when things go right yet when things go wrong, the blame is pinned elsewhere. I guess that's just the nature of the optimism when a new manager comes in but I'd prefer to be a bit more impartial.

I'm not criticising Freedman either, by the way, I'm just trying to put things into perspective. If we continue to get good results, he'll earn by respect but unlike many of our fans, I'm not willing to 'give' that to a manager because they say the right things in press conferences as our last successful manager. If results carry on going our way, he'll win me over but we'll see. I would love to be proven wrong.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 pm

* Sent Holden to get some game time which he clearly isn't going to get with us this season.

* Taken a short term loan on a prospect he would like to buy if the lad shapes up.

* Taken a short term loan on an old head as cover for a position we're not blessed in.

* Told a player with no future at Bolton that he's free to talk to other clubs.

Yep, the man's a c*nt!
Last edited by Enoch on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.