Reading

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Reading

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:13 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Fair play will have to confer with my pals to see if they have coach tickets and whether they have numbers on them. Prediction?

Dan I thought you were bringing about 25 mates up?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Fair play will have to confer with my pals to see if they have coach tickets and whether they have numbers on them. Prediction?

Dan I thought you were bringing about 25 mates up?

Was that for a piss up?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:45 pm

They sh*tted it, A trip to "the grim north" as they call it was to scary for most of them, now just 4 of us, soft southern ponces. Sadly the two of the three that are going with me are also the two I was most worried about because they are lippy b*stards mind you I am sure they will keep their mouths firmly shut if the coach goes through somewhere horrid on the way up there.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:48 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:They sh*tted it, A trip to "the grim north" as they call it was to scary for most of them, now just 4 of us, soft southern ponces. Sadly the two of the three that are going with me are also the two I was most worried about because they are lippy b*stards mind you I am sure they will keep their mouths firmly shut if the coach goes through somewhere horrid on the way up there.
I cant see you arriving via Redcar Dan...
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Salford (some of it has improved considerably mind) and were bound to go through somewhere bad In Manchester. Maybe I will have to get them to come to Boro so that they can see that part of the world.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Clyde1998 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Guthrie's goal had something of a deflection on it, Clyde. Just saying, like. ;)
Oh well... :mrgreen:
:D They all count, Chief.

We had Guthrie on loan from Liverpool when he was about 20. Always looked comfortable on the ball but never did anything with it and couldn't hit the target for shit. Said at the time that if he ever gets round to producing anything worthwhile then he could go on to great things.

I'd have him back now though, like. ;)

You coming up for the game, Fella?

Let us know if any of your guys need to know where to stay/eat/drink etc. and we'll help you out.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:59 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Salford (some of it has improved considerably mind) and were bound to go through somewhere bad In Manchester. Maybe I will have to get them to come to Boro so that they can see that part of the world.
Why on Earth would your journey take you through either Manchester or Salford? The motorway network from Wokingham to The Reebok takes you from door to door.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Point. Remember Bruce no one in my family owns a car (and never has) so my mind works in trains rather than motorways, I could tell you every stop from Wokingham to London Waterloo and from Reading to Manchester Piccadilly, Blackpool north to Manchester Piccadilly, Blackpool South to Colne etc etc

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Clyde1998 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Guthrie's goal had something of a deflection on it, Clyde. Just saying, like. ;)
Oh well... :mrgreen:
:D They all count, Chief.

We had Guthrie on loan from Liverpool when he was about 20. Always looked comfortable on the ball but never did anything with it and couldn't hit the target for shit. Said at the time that if he ever gets round to producing anything worthwhile then he could go on to great things.

I'd have him back now though, like. ;)

You coming up for the game, Fella?

Let us know if any of your guys need to know where to stay/eat/drink etc. and we'll help you out.
He's only scored twice for us - a free-kick that a parried into his own net by Cech, and a deflected goal yesterday. :D

I'm not going, no. I can only go to a couple of away games a season and I've already been to Bolton. I'm hoping to go to Bournemouth this season.

I'll see if anyone's going on our forum (when the match thread goes up tomorrow) and I'll get back to you. :)

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:15 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Point. Remember Bruce no one in my family owns a car (and never has) so my mind works in trains rather than motorways, I could tell you every stop from Wokingham to London Waterloo and from Reading to Manchester Piccadilly, Blackpool north to Manchester Piccadilly, Blackpool South to Colne etc etc
Please do!
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:27 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Point. Remember Bruce no one in my family owns a car (and never has) so my mind works in trains rather than motorways, I could tell you every stop from Wokingham to London Waterloo and from Reading to Manchester Piccadilly, Blackpool north to Manchester Piccadilly, Blackpool South to Colne etc etc
Please do!
Oh, please God ... don't.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:
Please do!
Oh, please God ... don't.

Bobo, I thought you'd blocked him ??
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:41 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:How's Uri Geller these days? He never quite recovered from wrongly predicting the 1995 Play Off Final.

Anyone see that programme on him the other week? He claimed he was a spy for mossad, cia, mi6/mi5, kgb, and any other shady spy type organisation. Oh, and he was instrumental in the Isreali raid on Entebbe. You couldn't make it up................

And Clyde, welcome. I once went to Reading home match, ( cant remember the year :oops: but against Derby); with a workmate. I found the crowd welcoming and hospitable, even when my mate 'outed me' as a Wanderer. Nice ground, nice fans.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Il Pirate wrote: Anyone see that programme on him the other week? He claimed he was a spy for mossad, cia, mi6/mi5, kgb, and any other shady spy type organisation. Oh, and he was instrumental in the Isreali raid on Entebbe. You couldn't make it up................
I did. Absolutely redhooclington.

I posted this on another social media thing;

Uri Geller's on telly again. Obviously when the world's superpowers need to consult someone, their first port of call is some gobshite that bends cutlery.

Clyde1998
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Clyde1998 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:How's Uri Geller these days? He never quite recovered from wrongly predicting the 1995 Play Off Final.
Anyone see that programme on him the other week? He claimed he was a spy for mossad, cia, mi6/mi5, kgb, and any other shady spy type organisation. Oh, and he was instrumental in the Isreali raid on Entebbe. You couldn't make it up................

And Clyde, welcome. I once went to Reading home match, ( cant remember the year :oops: but against Derby); with a workmate. I found the crowd welcoming and hospitable, even when my mate 'outed me' as a Wanderer. Nice ground, nice fans.
We don't have any local rivals*, as such, so you're normally going to get a welcoming response from our fans, so long as you're respectful to us. I've never had any problems with Bolton fans, and I doubt many Reading fans have had any problems either. :)

*Well... we do, but we haven't played Aldershot (1990), Oxford (2004), Swindon (2001) or Wycombe (2002) for years. :( At least Brighton and Leeds don't like us...

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Il Pirate wrote: Anyone see that programme on him the other week? He claimed he was a spy for mossad, cia, mi6/mi5, kgb, and any other shady spy type organisation. Oh, and he was instrumental in the Isreali raid on Entebbe. You couldn't make it up................
I did. Absolutely redhooclington.

I posted this on another social media thing;

Uri Geller's on telly again. Obviously when the world's superpowers need to consult someone, their first port of call is some gobshite that bends cutlery.

Absoloute feckin nutter...(Not you Bruce!). My wife thought he had a nice conservatory though.................

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Clyde1998 wrote:
I think he supports Exeter now - due to a ticket issue with Madejski.

He tried to help them win a must-win game by putting "energy-infused" crystals behind the goals. Exeter lost 5-1 and were relegated. :lol:
I remember this bit as well. 4ucking unbelievable, Jeff. :lol:

Michael Jackson has been made an honorary director of Exeter City football club, his friend and co-director Uri Geller said on Wednesday.
The singer visited the third division club during a trip to south west England last month, hosted by psychic celebrity Geller.

"When I asked him what does he know about football he said 'absolutely nothing but I love Exeter City,'" said Geller.

Michael Jackson visited Exeter FC in June but did not sing
"We did this out of respect. He put Exeter City on the international map."

Jackson is now entitled to play a full part in the club's boardroom, including voting on key decisions about players.

He will also enjoy free admission to any games he may want to attend and will be able to travel to away matches with the players on the club coach.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Question to members: Will I be able to buy a ticket on the day of the Reading game at the ticket office and will I be able to pick from what seats are available where I sit? Ta.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:57 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Question to members: Will I be able to buy a ticket on the day of the Reading game at the ticket office and will I be able to pick from what seats are available where I sit? Ta.
Almost certain you'll get a ticket from the ticket office on the day of the game and they will generally ask where you want to sit. I think (not done this myself) you can buy on line and print them off now via ticketmaster.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Ta, don't really have anywhere to print them of so will ring them up and will looking at the seating map will tell them where I would like to sit then pick up tickets on the day. Thanks mate.