Attitudes towards female fans

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Attitudes towards female fans

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote: I'd say you're more the exception that proves the rule though GG. Most girls who support football do so because their fellas do or to swoon over hunky thighs.
I'm not sure I would class that sort of girl as a fan GtE. Of the 4 Arsenal supporting women I know, one, as mentioned above runs an Arsenal forum, another is a season ticket holder, one travels from Wales home and away as often as she can to see us play and one spent a happy afternoon with me back in the 1990's abusing Teddy Sheringham whilst watching Arsenal beat Manchester United in The Charity Shield. They are what I would class as fans. And there's probably more around then you think, numbers are going up I reckon.

You're still in the minority.
If you class that sort of girl as a fan perhaps. But I don't!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:As a coach men can assume you don't know the game as well as them and as a player all men assume you are a butch lesbian. (I'm not very butch or a lesbian ;) )
Not directly related to female coaches, but they used to have a women's football team in the boozer near me. It did contain a fairly high proportion of lesbians.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:06 pm

If you don't want to be judged, or viewed as symbols there are 2 things you can do.

1) Stay indoors.
2) don't have tits
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:If you don't want to be judged, or viewed as symbols there are 2 things you can do.

1) Stay indoors.
2) don't have tits
I just did a little wee... :lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:As a coach men can assume you don't know the game as well as them and as a player all men assume you are a butch lesbian. (I'm not very butch or a lesbian ;) )
Not directly related to female coaches, but they used to have a women's football team in the boozer near me. It did contain a fairly high proportion of lesbians.
And as you know.. I actually went out with one of them!!! :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
And as you know.. I actually went out with one of them!!! :shock:
Aye, there were a few swung both ways :-)

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Did you watch?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with that. Have played for 3 different teams. One had one lesbian in but the rest were really girly girls, another had quite a few, current team maybe 3 or 4 out of about 15 women? Interestingly none of them are/were what I would call passionate football fans of a particular team, they just enjoyed playing.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with that. Have played for 3 different teams. One had one lesbian in but the rest were really girly girls, another had quite a few, current team maybe 3 or 4 out of about 15 women? Interestingly none of them are/were what I would call passionate football fans of a particular team, they just enjoyed playing.
How do you know if they are lezzers or not?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Did you watch?
Only the one that looked like Kevin Davies. :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:01 pm

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dan identified them.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:06 pm

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Do you not know whether your friends are homosexual or not? Some of them are pretty blatant about it, some you only realise after a few years of knowing them.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Do you not know whether your friends are homosexual or not? Some of them are pretty blatant about it, some you only realise after a few years of knowing them.
There are friends and there are sporting colleagues.

Some could be secret gayers, for all I know.

So how do you know?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

So how do you know?
If you're angling for an answer such as 'we all share showers after' you'll be disappointed!

And I don't know re everyone, however I'm friends with several on facebook and sometimes their posts show.

Why are men so fascinated with lesbians? :conf:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

So how do you know?
If you're angling for an answer such as 'we all share showers after' you'll be disappointed!

And I don't know re everyone, however I'm friends with several on facebook and sometimes their posts show.

Why are men so fascinated with lesbians? :conf:
Showering after sport is normal, natural and the right thing to do. Unless you have all be standing around like lemons

Men aren't fascinated with lezzers, see the prejudice thread. It's been decided which ones are alright.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:42 pm

freedman out!!!!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I'd say you're more the exception that proves the rule though GG. Most girls who support football do so because their fellas do or to swoon over hunky thighs.
Got to say, not my experience at all of the female footy fans I know. Most of the younger ones got first got taken to a match by their dads and fell in love with it, of the older ones some of them went along with their chaps but are just as big a fans as any of the blokes I know.

I don't know any women who go to the match to swoon over hunky thighs. It might be a nice side line, in the same way Jessica Ennis & the odd Czech Pole Vaulter are at an Athletics meeting, but it's not the reason I go to them!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:56 am

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Pit Boots
Dungarees
Pints of mild
Arm wrestling
Pipe smoking
Using an industrial lathe at the bar.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:09 am

Check shirts too. Don't forget those.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:01 am

The bigger question here is this: just how many dissertation in UK universities this year are based on data collected on football forum surveys?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families