Wigan, away.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wigan, away.

Post by boltonboris » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Sold over 3000. No more online sales. No tickets on the door/gate/turnstile so if you wanna go you gotta get em from Bolton Central.
Poor that. Could see it almost selling out on the day, but not at this stage
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm

Is there only me on here that feels rather indifferent? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is there only me on here that feels rather indifferent? :?
Meh.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:You heading over Worthy? Boundary for opening
Can't mate - I'm doing the Rugby on Saturday. :-)

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:55 am

Sponge wrote:
Meh.
Arsed, not. That stage of the season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:09 am

More "interested" than "passionately caring". Intrigued to see who he picks, whether Rochinha continues to tear shit up, whether Cravies can get back to form, whether we can ever win again, &c.

I suppose we Bolton fans aren't very practised at seeing a season drift out, but I think there's a fascinating summer coming, and these last eight games are a constant audition for at least half the team.

Oh and we could push Wigan toward doom, which has got to tickle one's fancy.

Lennon presser quotes:
It's an important game for us on Saturday. If we win, we consolidate our position in the Championship for next season.
I have an idea with players out of contract who I want to stay. We've had talks but I can't guarantee anything til we're safe.
We've got Zach Clough. Without putting pressure on him, is he someone you could build a team around? Yes he is. That's a start.
Rochinha had to get used to the culture and pace of the game. The timing was right against Ipswich and he came in and proved that.
It didn't phase him. Rochinha gave us a different dimension. On another night he would score or slip one or two people in.
I have two young players in Josh Vela and Tom Walker who will do a great service to this club. Tom is emerging as a fine player.
This season we've had the likes young players coming in and not just making up numbers. It's been a highlight them coming through.
I've been surprised by Wigan. I thought they would be there or thereabouts. I don't know why it's not worked for them.
Adam Le Fondre, Saidy Janko and Emile Heskey trained yesterday and will be fit. Adam Bogdan is fit and Mark Davies is out on the grass.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:44 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Going to a game? Or watching at a club?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
So you're going to shit in a pint glass and touch people's willies? That's what happens at the rugger ain't it?

Shame on you

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
More "interested" than "passionately caring". Intrigued to see who he picks, whether Rochinha continues to tear shit up, whether Cravies can get back to form, whether we can ever win again, &c.

I suppose we Bolton fans aren't very practised at seeing a season drift out, but I think there's a fascinating summer coming, and these last eight games are a constant audition for at least half the team.

Oh and we could push Wigan toward doom, which has got to tickle one's fancy.

Lennon presser quotes:
It's an important game for us on Saturday. If we win, we consolidate our position in the Championship for next season.
I have an idea with players out of contract who I want to stay. We've had talks but I can't guarantee anything til we're safe.
We've got Zach Clough. Without putting pressure on him, is he someone you could build a team around? Yes he is. That's a start.
Rochinha had to get used to the culture and pace of the game. The timing was right against Ipswich and he came in and proved that.
It didn't phase him. Rochinha gave us a different dimension. On another night he would score or slip one or two people in.
I have two young players in Josh Vela and Tom Walker who will do a great service to this club. Tom is emerging as a fine player.
This season we've had the likes young players coming in and not just making up numbers. It's been a highlight them coming through.
I've been surprised by Wigan. I thought they would be there or thereabouts. I don't know why it's not worked for them.
Adam Le Fondre, Saidy Janko and Emile Heskey trained yesterday and will be fit. Adam Bogdan is fit and Mark Davies is out on the grass.
is this like being out on the p*ss but with weed?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:15 pm

He's out cold.. On the grass

Probably

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Though I'm an armchair White now, every Bolton game's a 53 Cup Final to me. Brentford on a Tuesday or United in a Saturday Cup round. All as important. Call me weird, my sleep will remain undisturbed. :lol: COME ON YOU WHITES.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Good man tango every game counts, a good finish means a positive summer of delusion and positivity ! Will be interesting to see who starts tomorrow having rested a number of A listers only to have the stand ins produce one of the best away performances of the season .
Heskey and alf if fit seems most likely up top with cravies as an impact sub. Hall to get another ten minute cameo if we need to see the game out :)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:58 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
So you're going to shit in a pint glass and touch people's willies? That's what happens at the rugger ain't it?

Shame on you
We could do, because it's so obvious that no-one's ghey. More tricky with you hair gel and earring wearing lot (oh and maybe some of the Backs). :-)

Should we win, I'd be most surprised if I could hit a pint glass.

@ Jaffka - just watching it in pub.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:19 pm

@OfficialBWFC: UPDATE: 4,000 tickets have now been sold for #BWFC's trip to @LaticsOfficial. Limited numbers remain.

Can't make it myself, but I shall be tracking the updates avidly come 3:00pm. It's just the way it is. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Shame on you
We could do, because it's so obvious that no-one's ghey. More tricky with you hair gel and earring wearing lot (oh and maybe some of the Backs). :-)

Should we win, I'd be most surprised if I could hit a pint glass.

@ Jaffka - just watching it in pub.
You were a back?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Usually go to Wigan away and true to form, going tomorrow....I always look forward to this, but strangely I'm not not at the moment, probably because our away form is awful.....but they'd better win this one or it'll spoil my birthday on Sunday :evil:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:01 pm

jaffka wrote:You were a back?
:D

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 am

Trying to play guess the team for this one is pretty interesting . Danns still out and lennon's midweek grumblings could mean a rest for ream and almost certainly trotter . There's a suggestion bogdan will start and Heskey is likely to be up top with alf . Janko and feeney seem liky to start if fully fit but will rochinha get another start and which two from vela , bannan and coke will be in midfield . If rochinha does start it may well be 3 5 2.
It's a futile game to guess the starting 11 but here's two futile guesses .
3 4 1 2
Bogdan
Mills Mccarthy Dervite
Janko vela Bannan Feeney
Rochinha
Heskey Alf

4 4 2
Bogdan
Vela Mills mccarthy Ream
Janko Coke bannan Feeney
Heskey alf

I quite like the look of the 3 5 2 though vela may be a a more solid wing back than janko which could mean coke and bannan in the middle and janko on the bench. Not sure what threat Wigan carry out wide though in pennant and Sinclair they have a couple of tricky lightweights and Clarke has looked powerful and pacy though his finishing has let him down .

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:25 am

So who was he referring to when he said "I give some people a chance and they just don't take it" (paraphrased) ?

Hoping one's the Mattress. Hall I guess did himself few favours ... especially him being singled out. Any others ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jonah
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Jonah » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:50 am

The only other one is Tim ream possibly . He was pleased with dervite and McCarthy has been solid . If he does go 3 5 2 today dervite could well be in for ream.
Some interesting stats from wigans last game . 25 crosses only one shot on target . Mackay seems very old school 442 . Lets hope he continues to persist with fortune up front and leaves Sinclair ( the next Sturridge ) on the bench. Some Wigan fans believe they are one striker away from a decent team so you'd think Sinclair has to start . They've sorted their away form out and they don't ship shed loads of goals . With Sinclair in the team they will possess a threat. If he plays Sinclair inside left he will trouble mills and McCarthy and should we give away free kicks in that area pennant has a very good right foot .
I reckon it's going to be a much better game than expected . Not a goal fest but entertaining and tight especially if Mackay gives some of the talented younger players he has available a run out . He is a dinosaur though so it may take him an hour before the penny drops .
Wigan are a far better team than millwall or Blackpool . This is an absolute must win for Wigan . They have boro away and derby at home after the break before winnable games at Fulham and millwall and a home match with Brighton . They finish at home to wolves and away at brentford . If they break their home hoodoo today they have a slim chance , if they don't they've had it .