Panic Fannies vs Men of Steel

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How much of a panic fanny are you?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 pm

100% We will enter voluntary administration between now & 18th
46%
75% A new buyer will be found within a week ( fingers crossed)
17%
50% Eddie will pay all the money before we go to court
14%
25% Eddie will brazen it out and go to court denying the motion
3%
0% It'll be reet. It's a conspiracy. Nothing bad will happen.
20%

Total votes: 35

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Panic Fannies vs Men of Steel

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Where's

" What ? What's this all about ?? Is there something wrong ???" ??
Like with TonyDomingas, I deliberately kept you out of it too!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Seems I'm the first 25%er. I think it quite possible that we will get to court on the 18th and plead for more time as there'll be an ongoing takeover. Which would create another panic window (maybe a week).
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm 75%er I'm at the panic fanny stage but I ain't bleeding yet!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:I'm 75%er I'm at the panic fanny stage but I ain't bleeding yet!
:shock:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Where's

" What ? What's this all about ?? Is there something wrong ???" ??
Like with TonyDomingas, I deliberately kept you out of it too!
:lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:45 pm

I'll still be there. In whichever league we're playing is beyond my control, but I'll still be there. I've taken as much joy from seeing us beat Stockport County as I have from seeing us draw against Bayern Munich. I'll still be there.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:54 pm

^^ The beer's a bit of a step up in Munich, tbf.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Did we ever beat Stockport? That lanky c*nt Kevin Francis always seemed to score against us!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Did we ever beat Stockport? That lanky c*nt Kevin Francis always seemed to score against us!
Under Allardyce in the Cup.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Did we ever beat Stockport? That lanky c*nt Kevin Francis always seemed to score against us!
Wash your mouth out! 2-1 at Burnden. 2 Andy Walker headers. And yes, Kevin Francis for them.

I'm with Bruce. I'm happy seeing us beat anyone. You will still be able to get them complimentary tickets in the NW Counties leagues won't you? :mrgreen:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:50 pm

Yes, of course. As far as I can remember the last time we played them we beat them 4-1 at Edgeley Park in the 3rd round on the 16th Jan 2002. I looked around for you but you were nowhere to be seen on a starry, starry night, Vincent. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:38 am

I feel like I'd still be cheering us on in the Northern Counties, but there's a whole generation of us who don't know; for whom this is as shit as it's been. My earliest memories are the end of Colin Todd, 5 or 6 places above where we are. I cheered for us beating Blackburn last week as much as I did for Bayern (I saw both on TV). I reckon I'll still be there in the lower leagues. I'm pretty sure I'll be tested on that pretty soon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:53 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Under Allardyce in the Cup.
I mostly remember a sobering 2-0 at edgeley park shortly after we beat Liverpool at Anfield. We didn't get much out of them in bergara's days.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:58 am

Worthy4England wrote:^^ The beer's a bit of a step up in Munich, tbf.

The alcohol free stuff at the stadium wasn't!

Anyway, what will be will be.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:29 am

For me the whole 'I will be there whatever' argument is completely valid but I'm not sure really what that means. It doesn't mean the situation isn't completely shit. Nobody can be happy with this. Nobody can look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.

We surely all hope the club can be acquired and become relatively competitive again? I mean
I will still be there. But watching us struggle year after year with little hope of any success does not make me happy or excited or pleased at all. It brings me out in a cold sweat to be honest. This time the money in the top two divisions means there is unlikely to be the Rioch inspired Phoenix from the flames rise again. And far more likely that we spend generations out of any limelight.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Seems I'm the first 25%er. I think it quite possible that we will get to court on the 18th and plead for more time as there'll be an ongoing takeover. Which would create another panic window (maybe a week).
You're in a League of Your Own, DSB. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:For me the whole 'I will be there whatever' argument is completely valid but I'm not sure really what that means. It doesn't mean the situation isn't completely shit. Nobody can be happy with this. Nobody can look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.

We surely all hope the club can be acquired and become relatively competitive again? I mean
I will still be there. But watching us struggle year after year with little hope of any success does not make me happy or excited or pleased at all. It brings me out in a cold sweat to be honest. This time the money in the top two divisions means there is unlikely to be the Rioch inspired Phoenix from the flames rise again. And far more likely that we spend generations out of any limelight.
I fear you are being too optimistic.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:For me the whole 'I will be there whatever' argument is completely valid but I'm not sure really what that means. It doesn't mean the situation isn't completely shit. Nobody can be happy with this. Nobody can look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.

So do I. We had many fans who decides they wouldn't watch us when we were a premiership club because they didn't like the quality of football played.

The quality and brand or that football was miles ahead of what we are producing today and light years better than what we very likely will be producing over the coming years.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

So do I. We had many fans who decides they wouldn't watch us when we were a premiership club because they didn't like the quality of football played.

The quality and brand or that football was miles ahead of what we are producing today and light years better than what we very likely will be producing over the coming years.
We just have to get on with it really. Unless Sugar Daddy #2 turns up, there ain't a whole lot we can do about it, other than watch it unfold. Que sera.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nobody can look forward to potentially a decade in the lower leagues or worse.
Are you suggesting if it ain't 'The Barclays Premier League' it ain't worth jack?

Us folk what watch non league shit, week in, week out, must be completely barking.

It's ok Worthy, I know. :D

:help: