It's A God-awful Small Affair... (H) MK Dons 23/01/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: It's A God-awful Small Affair... (H) MK Dons 23/01/16

Post by Riviman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Madine off injured last night, Ameobe out of contract, Clough injured, Heskey injured, my God it could be Dobbie up front !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Riviman wrote:Madine off injured last night, Ameobe out of contract, Clough injured, Heskey injured, my God it could be Dobbie up front !!
Where's young Clayton at right now?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Riviman wrote:Madine off injured last night, Ameobe out of contract, Clough injured, Heskey injured, my God it could be Dobbie up front !!
Where's young Clayton at right now?
Probably having a dump, right now.

(Actually he's out having had hamstring injury surgery [for another eight weeks minimum], and a new solar powered battery pack installed).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm

I don't suppose Woolery can play the lone striker role, but him and Dobbie up top maybe in a Dr Frankenstein-like experiment?

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:11 pm

http://africanfootball.com//news/603554 ... y-official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

May not need Dobbie, Ameobi's deal runs until Saturday !
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:26 am

Riviman wrote:http://africanfootball.com//news/603554 ... y-official?

May not need Dobbie, Ameobi's deal runs until Saturday !
The BN has confirmed this, with Madine a doubt, although Lennon will see what the walking wounded are like on Thursday.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 am

Seems strange to me that you'd play Madine the other night when he's carrying a slight injury and knowing everyone else except Ameobi and Dobbie are injured. Surely you'd rest him and play Ameobi, knowing an injury to Madine would leave us with only Dobbie fit?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Seems strange to me that you'd play Madine the other night when he's carrying a slight injury and knowing everyone else except Ameobi and Dobbie are injured. Surely you'd rest him and play Ameobi, knowing an injury to Madine would leave us with only Dobbie fit?
There you go again with your logic

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:51 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Seems strange to me that you'd play Madine the other night when he's carrying a slight injury and knowing everyone else except Ameobi and Dobbie are injured. Surely you'd rest him and play Ameobi, knowing an injury to Madine would leave us with only Dobbie fit?
There you go again with your logic
There was me thinking we were paying big bucks to Lennon and Walford to get this sort of stuff right :doh:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:02 am

Every game's a must-win now, AT. Patch 'em up and send 'em out. Until they collapse.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:08 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Every game's a must-win now, AT. Patch 'em up and send 'em out. Until they collapse.
Bit late for that :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:16 pm

I'm off down to Wales for the weekend so feck MK Dons and the stolen horse that they'll be riding in on.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:35 am

Lennon’s pre-match presser, as per Twitter.
It's a big game for us. Morale is low around the club but we have to put events off the pitch to the side and carry on regardless.

After a good win in midweek, tomorrow is another huge match for us. We need to focus on getting a result and progress from there.

It's a must-win game. We will endeavour to do that and close the gap. Games are running out and we need to start getting wins on the board, especially from our home games.

Gary Madine has had a scan and may be fit. Shola Ameobi did well the other night and it could be his last game. It's been stop-start for Shola because of injuries. It has been difficult for him, but it has been good having him around.

We're hoping Gary Madine will be fit to start. Emile Heskey and Zach Clough are still doubtful. Ben Amos will be back which is good news for us, though Paul Rachubka did a good job.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the club will get permission to sell the car park today. When the club is sold you want to make sure it is sold to the right people who have the club's best interests at heart.

It's as you were with player sales. Nothing new. I imagine there will be more to report later in the window. I expect there will be interest in some of our players and that will makes things more difficult. It's day-to-day here and we're taking it game-by-game.

We have to close the gap. We're not giving up. We're at home so the onus will be on us to take the game to them. Karl Robinson has done a great job at MK Dons. They're good on the counter and play some great football.

The fans are fantastic. We're hoping for a big turnout again from them tomorrow which will in turn help galvanize the players.
Also, from the BN:

Lennon urges the players to take control of their own destiny:
This is pressure we’ve brought on ourselves. We’re in this situation because we haven’t got results but if we beat MK Dons the whole landscape changes again. Things look different.

You can’t plan anything at the moment. It’s the old cliché, taking every game as it comes. We can’t look past MK Dons and wonder what might happen here or there. I certainly haven’t given up hope of getting out of this and I don’t think the players have either – so we need a win on Saturday and then we take it from there.

We’ve had a huge volume of games and the squad is quite light. Some players are prone to picking up injuries but David had a very good run in the team. He [David Wheater] had been playing consistently well but there was always that likelihood that the volume of games would catch up with him, and it just did.

I can’t remember the last time we scored three. [It was at QPR. We lost.] They were good goals, good attacking play. Any win helps to breed confidence so we need to make sure we take that into Saturday now.
Lennon on promoting the Academy kids:
This is what it brings, an opportunity for them. We have taken a look at Kaiyne in the last few weeks and he’s done well.

We’ve had Rob Holding in the team, Josh, Zach, and Tom around the fringes so there’s an element of youth running through the squad now.

We’re having to use academy players a little bit more than I’d like, if I’m honest, but I think the experience is great for them. It will stand them in good stead in their career.

Rob’s a good player. He can play anywhere across the back line, including left-back and I think he’s got the potential to have a real future in the game. He has come into the team at a difficult time but I think he’s been excellent and done everything we’ve asked of him.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:28 am

Just out of curiosity - are any of the regular sufferers at the Macron planning any sort of protest action? - not going / banners / pitch invasion / chants against ED + PG etc...?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 am

Bruno3 wrote:Just out of curiosity - are any of the regular sufferers at the Macron planning any sort of protest action? - not going / banners / pitch invasion / chants against ED + PG etc...?

The point of that would be?

What would you want the regular sufferers to shout for?

ED out?

PG out?

Already happening

ED wants out anyway and PG is seriously ill.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:46 am

Bruno3 wrote:Just out of curiosity - are any of the regular sufferers at the Macron planning any sort of protest action? - not going / banners / pitch invasion / chants against ED + PG etc...?
We've lived on hope for years, and what good will outrage demonstrations achieve now? It's way too late for that to be any use. Okay, I'm no longer suffering at the Macron anymore, I've done my shift and it's a lousy time for those who turn up match after match,but , like many others I'm a supporter for life. This isn't just about reshuffling the pack and kicking a few arses anymore is it? It isn't even about the players because few of them are citizens of the parish by birthright etc. They're travelling mercenaries who, at worst will travel on and find work elsewhere. This is about Bolton as a business and one about to disappear into Room 21 unless somebody with financial support arrives. If that happens (please Lord) then an awful lot will have to change. Most likely any new venture will involve a complete clean sweep of the board, the accounts department and management of the team. Right now silence and hope is more use than pitchforks and bedsheets.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:18 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

ED out?

PG out?

Already happening

I agree that there is no point to it - just that I've read comments on other sites where some people are talking about doing "something" and I was just curious if this was likely to be a minority or not.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Bruno3 wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

ED out?

PG out?

Already happening

I agree that there is no point to it - just that I've read comments on other sites where some people are talking about doing "something" and I was just curious if this was likely to be a minority or not.
It's likely to be a minority whatever, hence the term the silent majority. If an opinion on anything can be formed there will always be some on one side and others on another with an equally large or even larger group of people who don't give a shit/can't decide/think there's a third option/ weren't even aware there was a question.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruno3 wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

ED out?

PG out?

Already happening

It's likely to be a minority whatever, hence the term the silent majority. If an opinion on anything can be formed there will always be some on one side and others on another with an equally large or even larger group of people who don't give a shit/can't decide/think there's a third option/ weren't even aware there was a question.
Spotty, in my opinion, you're the wisest, cleverest, wittiest member of this forum. :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:26 pm

If they don't win I'll be demanding my tenner back off BP!

Interesting that Lennon described the Eastleigh result as 'a good win'. If not all wins are good, then a narrow 3-2 win over someone 3 divisions below you, must qualify as a bad un!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"