ED good memories or good riddence?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: ED good memories or good riddence?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Still need to find out more about this mate of Deano who now owns 50% of the club.
Does he? It's been described as a JV, but not necessarily 50/50.

We knew a fifth of f*ck-all about the rest of SSG anyway, so there's a lot of getting-to-know-you. Hope it's good news.
The only source of 50/50 ownership so far comes from Iles. Therefore I'll put money on it being 60/40 or 75/25 or 51/49 or any other percentage other than 50/50... (there's a test).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:18 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:I can never prove this, but Eddie Davies is leaving Bolton a richer man than when he joined us.
And I can never prove this but Eddie Davies is the graffiti artist Banksy.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:37 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:I can never prove this, but Eddie Davies is leaving Bolton a richer man than when he joined us.
I like this game:
I can only possibly prove this if I can get a DNA sample but Eddie Davies is my granddad.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I like this game:
I can only possibly prove this if I can get a DNA sample but Eddie Davies is my granddad.

Eddie Davies is a massive pikey?!!!?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:42 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I like this game:

Other side of the family, working class side. Pikeyness isn't from him.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Exclusive image of Eddie Davies today when he heard all his demands had been accepted....

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
I like this game:

Other side of the family, working class side. Pikeyness isn't from him.
Ah! as you were. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:40 pm

so... if this whole ED is the president of BWFC is true...

am I right in thinking that used to be Nat Lofthouse? And am I also right in not remembering us appointing a successor? It was/is presumably just some kind of honourary title??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 pm

thebish wrote:so... if this whole ED is the president of BWFC is true...

am I right in thinking that used to be Nat Lofthouse? And am I also right in not remembering us appointing a successor? It was/is presumably just some kind of honourary title??
Correct. It is an honorary position. And was formerly held by Nat.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

so - no real biggie then...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:51 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

so - no real biggie then...

Not really, I guess, but the perception that Kettles Boy sees himself as being equal in status to our one true legend sticks in the craw, quite unpleasantly too I find.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:54 pm

thebish wrote:here's how I see it...

we had some fantastic years - largely cos of Eddie - and swimming in that premiership and Europe pool almost inevitably led to financial dire straits.. (including the attempt to bounce straight back - which was a gamble)

ED gave good notice that he wanted out

then in a pretty bad situation - including us being rock bottom of the league and the chairman falling seriously ill and then dying - he managed to sell the club

all this - and everyone was paid (eventually) there were no player strikes or mass club staff redundancies, we didn't go into administration in 48hrs or any mumber of hours and didn't get a points deduction.
I am with you bish, after careful consideration etc etc, I have read throwaway's last one but given what has happened over the last 6 months I am ok with having new owners in and now having at least a chance of staying up rather than 99.9% relegated. Other clubs MUST look at us and learn or they will end up in the same situation, Bournemouth, Leicester, Swansea, a hundred million a season from sky doesn't get you a lot with these football salaries and agents, that's were we went wrong, but I have to stop now, I say this next bit only relating to football, its been horrendous, but insignificant to what the Gartside family will be going though. Anyone for a pint at brum tomorrow night ?

I'd say - all-in-all, taking the whole picture into account - he's been a good thing for the club.

now - a new era - and I look forward to it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:54 pm

hmmm... mebbe - but it wasn't really his role as president that made us admire Lofthouse... ED as president? meh - the post would just be forgotten - nobody would remember he was it...

it's like clubs appointing entirely pointless "ambassadors"... if it's what helped the deal go through - I'm entirely happy with it! but then - I'm easily pleased and fairly happy about today!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:59 pm

thebish wrote:hmmm... mebbe - but it wasn't really his role as president that made us admire Lofthouse... ED as president? meh - the post would just be forgotten - nobody would remember he was it...

it's like clubs appointing entirely pointless "ambassadors"... if it's what helped the deal go through - I'm entirely happy with it! but then - I'm easily pleased and fairly happy about today!
You being easily pleased is hardly a revelation. I'm fairly confident that if an announcement was made the world would end tomorrow you'd be the very first to accept it and be very pleased about it too...
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:hmmm... mebbe - but it wasn't really his role as president that made us admire Lofthouse... ED as president? meh - the post would just be forgotten - nobody would remember he was it...

You being easily pleased is hardly a revelation.
it's a happy place to be - and more relaxing than being easily panicked! :D

BOO!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:04 pm

“We’ve probably been doing this for six months now and the plans Eddie has seen from us, the finances we have had to prove and put in place with legals are there. “Eddie cares about the club but a lot of people have said detrimental things. He has put a hell of a lot of finance into that club"
Quote from Deano...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:00 am

I don't think it really matters all that much if he is president. What grates is that clearly this is self appointed as part of the deal.

When Dean Holdsworth was asked on radio 5 to respond to the question fans were asking about why Eddie should be named president he slipped up slightly and the first sentence out of his mouth was "because that was the deal we had"....then tried to backtrack a bit.

It is clear Eddie has decided he wants to be president but that sort of a role cannot in my view be self appointed. It should be by invite and Nat was clearly the most deserving person whilst he was here. And for me until someone else of such stature arises it should have remained vacant.

I wonder how the staff at the club who have been put through the mill recently feel about this? One thing is clear, that a deal was only getting done if ED's ego got massaged in the process.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:28 am

I heard his interview on sky sports news last night, and whilst I still don't agree 100% on how he's gone about the sale of the club you could tell by the tone of his voice that he does have a genuine affection for the club & the town - I thought he sounded like he was a little tearful and genuinely 'filling' up a bit towards the end.

I've been critical of him over the past few months in regards to the takeover process dragging on & on and the effect that has had, but listening to that interview it's clear that he didn't really want to let go of the club, and he is a genuine fan and he had to make sure that whoever he sold the club to had the necessary cash & experience, which he said Sports Shield had.... therefore I'm now leaning more towards the 'good memories'.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't think it really matters all that much if he is president. What grates is that clearly this is self appointed as part of the deal.

When Dean Holdsworth was asked on radio 5 to respond to the question fans were asking about why Eddie should be named president he slipped up slightly and the first sentence out of his mouth was "because that was the deal we had"....then tried to backtrack a bit.

It is clear Eddie has decided he wants to be president but that sort of a role cannot in my view be self appointed. It should be by invite and Nat was clearly the most deserving person whilst he was here. And for me until someone else of such stature arises it should have remained vacant.

I wonder how the staff at the club who have been put through the mill recently feel about this? One thing is clear, that a deal was only getting done if ED's ego got massaged in the process.
Napoleon had himself crowned Emperor.
Bokassa too.
A mere President, pah!

I want to see Emperor Eddie I
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 am

Peter Thompson wrote:I heard his interview on sky sports news last night, and whilst I still don't agree 100% on how he's gone about the sale of the club you could tell by the tone of his voice that he does have a genuine affection for the club & the town - I thought he sounded like he was a little tearful and genuinely 'filling' up a bit towards the end.

I've been critical of him over the past few months in regards to the takeover process dragging on & on and the effect that has had, but listening to that interview it's clear that he didn't really want to let go of the club, and he is a genuine fan and he had to make sure that whoever he sold the club to had the necessary cash & experience, which he said Sports Shield had.... therefore I'm now leaning more towards the 'good memories'.
Aye £15 million of them plus whatever other management fees etc he's had in the past!