Bolton v Wolves: The biggest match of the season, again

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The result

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Win
24%
Draw
20%
Lose
24%
Game abandoned (due to overwhelming sh*tness)
11%
Who cares? I don't like football anymore
20%

Total votes: 45

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Bolton v Wolves: The biggest match of the season, again

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
Mar wrote:We've drawn a game for the first time this season.
We need wins against teams like wolves not draws, we are fcuked now.

The month with the most winnable games has seen us pick up 4 points from a possible 18. We've not gained ground on the rest of the league but we've not put ourselves out of the fight with points against fellow strugglers. 2012 will be an interesting year thats for sure.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
chester white wrote:If Coyle loves the club as much as he claims, then he should resign to give us some chance of staying up, because there is none whilst he in charge.

Absolutely dreadful again.
Totally agree fcuking shocking performance, he has to go we can't give him money to fcuk things up even more.
Fxck sake just because you want coyle out theres no need to just sprout nonsense. Just sat in car park atm and the lads tried there socks off and gave a good account of themselves. Wolves wernt much of a attacking threat but did their jobs and defended resolutely. This was a remarkable improvement on Newcastle and WILL give the lads abit of a confidence boost. Whether its right or wrong were stuck with Coyle but he knows the squad, its strengths and weaknesses, and knows what players are needed much more than anyone atm.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:17 pm

i doubt that.

get shut before its too late.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:21 pm

a1 wrote:i doubt that.

get shut before its too late.

Too late already. 19 games 13 points., rock bottom, can't beat a team that we are playing catch up with, I really can't see any way out of it with or without him.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Ricketts goal shows just how much we miss our top players. Cant wait for LCY to return. I have a feeling that we will end the season strong. Hope the gap is not too much to make up.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
chester white wrote:If Coyle loves the club as much as he claims, then he should resign to give us some chance of staying up, because there is none whilst he in charge.

Totally agree fcuking shocking performance, he has to go we can't give him money to fcuk things up even more.
Fxck sake just because you want coyle out theres no need to just sprout nonsense. Just sat in car park atm and the lads tried there socks off and gave a good account of themselves. Wolves wernt much of a attacking threat but did their jobs and defended resolutely. This was a remarkable improvement on Newcastle and WILL give the lads abit of a confidence boost. Whether its right or wrong were stuck with Coyle but he knows the squad, its strengths and weaknesses, and knows what players are needed much more than anyone atm.
Look at his record its fcuking disgraceful, we were lucky to get a draw today we were shit in possession giving the ball away all the time no one moving into space wanting to receive the ball just hopless long balls up field. I don't think you realise what position we are in we HAVE to beat teams like wolves at home because we are getting cut adrift at the bottom, just look at our fixtures in jan everton (away) no chance! man utd (away) no fcukin chance whatsoever! liverpool (home) same applies! arsenal (home) a day of ball watching! feb is tough too. Cahill had a good game today which i was pleased about, and ricketts did well considering he's been out for nearly 12months. I don't think coyle knows our strengths and weaknesses thats why he's changed the team in nearly every match this season clueless springs to mind, so if you were happy with today's performance then lets bring back gary megson.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:

Look at his record its fcuking disgraceful, we were lucky to get a draw today we were shit in possession giving the ball away all the time no one moving into space wanting to receive the ball just hopless long balls up field. I don't think you realise what position we are in we HAVE to beat teams like wolves at home because we are getting cut adrift at the bottom, just look at our fixtures in jan everton (away) no chance! man utd (away) no fcukin chance whatsoever! liverpool (home) same applies! arsenal (home) a day of ball watching! feb is tough too. Cahill had a good game today which i was pleased about, and ricketts did well considering he's been out for nearly 12months. I don't think coyle knows our strengths and weaknesses thats why he's changed the team in nearly every match this season clueless springs to mind, so if you were happy with today's performance then lets bring back gary megson.
Dont agree with that at all. For once we weren't lumping it forward aimlessly and we did pass it around a bit. We did OK. Ran out of steam in the second half but encouraging.

bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfc » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Can't believe how far we have dropped our standards both on and off the park.

We are accepting a draw against a poor Wolves side who obviously came for a draw.

The one difference between the sides was a goalscorer(s).

Both very poor sides but wolves have Fletcher firing, and when he's not Doyle and Ebanks Blake are all better finishers than any of our lot.

The fact Coyle hasn't addressed this situation is the reason he should go NOW!!! & let someone else bring in their own signings in January.....should have been done weeks ago, it really is getting beyond a joke now!!!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:36 pm

We had plenty of attacking intent for lots of the game. Still defended poorly on too many occasions. They hit the bar (great save by Jussi?), had one off the line etc. etc. we didn't really trouble their keeper to the same extent although some of the build-up play was neat.

In the context of a "not fighting for your life" season, I might have put this down as not the worst point I've ever seen us get. In the context of this season, it's another nail in the coffin and another not good enough performance at home.

Still pretty woeful defensively - and that's with probably the best defensive 6 we have in our squad, with the exception of Holden.

10 or our points have come from the 4 teams directly above us, with the other 3 coming from a fluke result against Stoke. Can't see the second half of the season being any better tbh.

Coyle should feck right off and let Sammy Lee have another go.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Very disappointed. The idea that we played well at any stage of this game is so starry eyed it couldn't be painted by van Gogh on acid.

We were poor. Wolves were poorer than us all the first half and better than us for most of the last quarter, when we looked more likely to lose than retain the point.

Two reasons I'm not yet totally despairing (though very, very close) - our back four looked good, so, provided we retain Cahill (oh well...) and the transfer window offers Owen the chance to find the gem we found in the last two Jan windows... (well, maybe).

I think we are very likely to be relegated. And perhaps by Easter.

I'm still buying a season ticket though...

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Absolutely gutted after today. It's the day i have lost remaining faith in OC and that shower of a collection of players.

To not even fight in a 6-pointer against a team we are chasing (can we call this chasing - nonexistent) is unbelievable.

Coyle is tactically an absolute dinosaur. He's clueless.
His inability to change a game or even the mood of a game is shocking.
His seal-like clapping when he runs off the bench to the edge of the techinical area makes me want to shoot him every time.
And do not even get me started on his post-match interviews which make him an absolute pap-talking spin doctor.

The bloke has to go. He won't. But he has to go if we are to have ANY chance of even fighting for pride (never mind actually surviviving)

I'm absolutely gutted this evening.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Pathetic performance. Lacklustre in every way.

Needed to win and our manager makes no change till it's too late then the wrong changes.

Give him money? feck off hes done enough harm as it is.

As someone who rang up radio Manc commented today Coyle has destroyed our premiership legacy. We've been more or less well managed until now. Now we are a disaster.

It's too late now as he said 20 years hard work undone by one man and his naivety, stubbornness and moronic dogma.

Least Tesco might buy the east stand.....

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:00 pm

he didnt sub muamba today.

so at this rate we might win the second to last match of the season.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly depressed about the current state of affairs but as far as today's game went I'm with the more positive people. Today we played ok until the last 20 minues or so. Only conceded due to a set piece, ironically given away fairly needlessly by Ricketts (he giveth and taketh away). Vey pleased we didn't gift Wolves all three points but the bottom line is we needed the win today.

Happy New Year!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:13 pm

just back- bit of a nasty one on the M6.
we were soooooo poor today against a very poor Wolves. also we looked knackered after 60 mins. Was Reo Coker playing 2nd half?
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:05 am

Reo-Coker disappeared for large parts of this match. Muamba Played very well breaking uP play and getting forward. We really needEd these three Points today and did not get them. Lucky not to lose is how I feel. Just can't see us staying up, hope I am wrong.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 am

Only saw the second half.Good to see Ricketts back.We looked strong for fifteen mins after their goal then disappeared. I cant see any way we can stay up. Others around the bottom are improving. The most disappointing thing for me is the lack of a character who can organise and lead on the pitch.it's all good and well coyle clapping and shouting on the sidelines but I dont think anyone is listening anymore.The one hope we have is that coyle manages to find someone with guts and a big gob to wake our nice quiet boys up. There was the odd squabble yesterday but it was more about blaming each other than doing anything positive.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am

One thing that stood out for me was a point in the 2nd half where it was 1-1 and there was a break in play, injury or summat - all the players were stood around the touchline getting a drink or taping their socks up n'that - mick mcarthy was on the pitch screaming and shouting trying to gee his players up, Owen was sat on the bench with his arms folded, not a peep.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 am

It was good to see a proper, decent left back. It seemed to help organise the back 4.

The goal for him was a bonus.

Overall a 'better' performance than some of the shite we've seen, but against a v poor side. Nowhere near enough & we are domed, I'm afraid.

One question - (I can't bring myself to watch it) .. was the free-kick which led to their goal actually a foul ?

One observation - I will rinse my eyes out if need be, but did the fckwit of a referee, Mr Battenburg, actually have a decent game, refrain from booking people for fun and allow the game to flow ??

One remark - throughout the second half some gut in the West Stand seemed to bellow, more or less constantly, at Coyle. Serious fck-you bellowing. Anyone around him must have felt like telling him to shut the fck up. I know some people want Coyle out but Jeez this guy was loud. BWFC-i by any chance ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:07 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It was good to see a proper, decent left back. It seemed to help organise the back 4.

The goal for him was a bonus.

Overall a 'better' performance than some of the shite we've seen, but against a v poor side. Nowhere near enough & we are domed, I'm afraid.

One question - (I can't bring myself to watch it) .. was the free-kick which led to their goal actually a foul ?

One observation - I will rinse my eyes out if need be, but did the fckwit of a referee, Mr Battenburg, actually have a decent game, refrain from booking people for fun and allow the game to flow ??

One remark - throughout the second half some gut in the West Stand seemed to bellow, more or less constantly, at Coyle. Serious fck-you bellowing. Anyone around him must have felt like telling him to shut the fck up. I know some people want Coyle out but Jeez this guy was loud. BWFC-i by any chance ?
TBH its a real pity that others didn't join in - its partly the fans apathy that's keeping Coyle in a job.