The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: The Debt.

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:35 pm

a1 wrote:load of pricks calling it a good takedown.

sly digs at edwin not being a football fan , i'm fairly sure thats not true.

no mention of what things'll happen to city if, say, when gulf war three starts. all about edwin dying, like sheik mansour is Jor-El's son.

no mention that we've got ten years to pay it off.

an allusion to north korea , surprised he's not re-posted postman pisscan's "bwfc manufacturing landmines at the reebok for evil anticommunist chaebol" paper for good measure.

#hipsterarticles #halfscarftwat
Are you one of the spam bots AT mentioned?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
i'm not RT-ing bullshit articles with lies in. so no.

he has no proof mr. davies did not take up football till he was 37.

we've got 10 years to pay it off.

we're no more in danger than anymone else. if he is he'll will it to his kids.

we'd be in more trouble if he supported two teams, like the author does.

also i made reference to this- http://mannyroad.com/bolton-wanderers-a ... 4/08/2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wednesday August 24th, 2011

Sponsorship deals have been the order of the day in the Premier League over the past few days with Manchester United picking up a cool £40 million from DHL for an arrangement involving their training kit, and neighbours City frantically renaming outlying bits of the Etihad stadium, in order to rake in even more dough.

Meanwhile, tucked away in a corner of the club’s official website, was news of a deal between Bolton Wanderers and South Korean firm Hanwha SolarOne, which will lead to a series of advertising campaigns at the Reebok Stadium, featuring that company’s range of solar panels. Inter Milan and Hamburg SV have similar agreements.

The promotion of a clean, sustainable, environmentally friendly method of energy generation seems an ethically sound project to be involved with.

There’s a snag though. Hanwha Group also makes landmines.

Yes, you read that right. Those devices which have a tendency to explode, sometimes thirty years or more after they’ve been laid, leaving victims, frequently children, dead or maimed.

Hanwha Group was founded in 1952 as Hanwha Explosives Inc, and has since grown into a global conglomerate embracing a vast variety of businesses. However, the explosives division is still thriving and continues to peddle landmines as well as cluster munitions and missiles. Unlike the UK, South Korea is not a signatory to the Ottawa Convention, which bans anti-personnel mines. This leaves Hanwha free to continue that gory branch of its trade.

SungSoo Lee, CSO of Hanwha’s business division was enthusiastic about his latest deal.

“Hanwha Group is proud to support the Bolton Wanderers, one of the most respected Premier League football clubs,” he said.

“Most of all, full attention of Bolton on sustainable world is accordant with the Hanwha Group credentials on social responsibility addressing climate change, energy disparity, and energy security and scarcity on a global scale.”

It’s yet to be explained how that vision fits in with the sale of products that can blow a human being to bits.
--

but its been buried like that panorama doc. til i wayback machined it back to life. ^ here

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 pm

a1 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
i'm not RT-ing bullshit articles with lies in. so no.

he has no proof mr. davies did not take up football till he was 37.

we're no more in danger than anymone else. if he is he'll will it to his kids.

we'd be in more trouble if he supported two teams, like the author does.

also i made reference to this- http://mannyroad.com/bolton-wanderers-a ... 4/08/2011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wednesday August 24th, 2011

Sponsorship deals have been the order of the day in the Premier League over the past few days with Manchester United picking up a cool £40 million from DHL for an arrangement involving their training kit, and neighbours City frantically renaming outlying bits of the Etihad stadium, in order to rake in even more dough.

Meanwhile, tucked away in a corner of the club’s official website, was news of a deal between Bolton Wanderers and South Korean firm Hanwha SolarOne, which will lead to a series of advertising campaigns at the Reebok Stadium, featuring that company’s range of solar panels. Inter Milan and Hamburg SV have similar agreements.

The promotion of a clean, sustainable, environmentally friendly method of energy generation seems an ethically sound project to be involved with.

There’s a snag though. Hanwha Group also makes landmines.

Yes, you read that right. Those devices which have a tendency to explode, sometimes thirty years or more after they’ve been laid, leaving victims, frequently children, dead or maimed.

Hanwha Group was founded in 1952 as Hanwha Explosives Inc, and has since grown into a global conglomerate embracing a vast variety of businesses. However, the explosives division is still thriving and continues to peddle landmines as well as cluster munitions and missiles. Unlike the UK, South Korea is not a signatory to the Ottawa Convention, which bans anti-personnel mines. This leaves Hanwha free to continue that gory branch of its trade.

SungSoo Lee, CSO of Hanwha’s business division was enthusiastic about his latest deal.

“Hanwha Group is proud to support the Bolton Wanderers, one of the most respected Premier League football clubs,” he said.

“Most of all, full attention of Bolton on sustainable world is accordant with the Hanwha Group credentials on social responsibility addressing climate change, energy disparity, and energy security and scarcity on a global scale.”

It’s yet to be explained how that vision fits in with the sale of products that can blow a human being to bits.
--

but its been buried like that panorama doc. til i wayback machined it back to life. ^ here
You see the problem is, in that what you have posted, there could be some sense and valid points.

However the amount of unintelligible crap and nonsense that you constantly post just means that I and I suspect others just scroll past it.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:59 am

its about 5 lines , there's not much to get.

jor-el's superman's dad , and the wayback machine is a website on the internet. not sure if other people's fairly popular culture knowledge is lacking. maybe i couldve referenced someone out of the bible or shakespeare or a foriegn film six people have watched, to make it suit the audience, but superman's supposed to be immortal (or at least invincible , and both edwin davies and sheik mansoor are not.)

folk like posting shit that shits on the club. i dont see the point.

that he plagerized somebody off here , and probably that swissramble piece from years ago , took digs, then fecked off back to his bedroom in his mams house for his google adwords pennies and retweets with no comeback. all from a celtic and some other team too fan.

dont know what football is , but i know its not that.

we'll get no answer to any incorrect facts , for feck* sake- just typing his (eddie davies) name into google brings up a MEN newspaper biog about him (which this prick wouldve plagerized had it suited) that claims he took up following bwfc around '58 [when he'dve been around 10 years old.]

its the kind of shit that should die, but hundreds of knobheads pass on to one another and praise it.

I dont claim to be a genius or grammar skoo scholar or whatever, i may reference things that people dont remember or forgot about (big sam's takeover) or dont know about (the wayback machine website , that the author supports two teams, what a chaebol is ) , but whatevers. if people wanna believe we're fecking doomed, then feck 'em.

.. i think i've been spelling plagerized wrong.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:49 am

You have a1 but good post nonetheless.

Perhaps you should have cut and pasted it from an online dictionary. You know, plagiarised it. :mrgreen:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:05 am

a1 wrote:
You keep saying this. Do you honestly believe that we're capable of finding a spare £16.35m per season for the next ten years? In all seriousness, no rambling bullshit.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 pm

we dont need to. it's there on paper just to be there on paper.

the people who lost out , lost out when davies took over.

he owes the money to himself. if he can pay himself back, theres no problem.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Lets not avoid the question now. You said we have ten years to pay it. How do you propose we'd do that?

Or, and you need to be quite clear here, are you saying that Davies will in effect write off the debt?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:27 pm

i said that (about him writing it off) a bit back. he might do that. if he does do that , it'll be easier to get rid of when he does die.

there was a quote about it on here from someone else along the lines of "he not that arsed about the money"

even if he cant and/or wont (write it off) , we'd still be the same position leicester/ipswich/etc were when they bankrupted themselves "as a business decision (sp?) " . the only difference is they got away with it. "we're" still paying for 'our' new ground, they got theirs for nowt.

they "should" have done it before (bankrupted themselves) , when there were no penalties (everyone shouldve done it, to get any "adantage" back)

the only way to sort it is probably what theyve been doing (borrow money off yourself, then give yourself 12% of it back every year over 15 year) maybe its not going to exactly to plan, but thats probably coyle's or todd's fault.

we might be fecked, but i'm not worryin' about it, it was more frightening in the lifeline and selling per frandsen days. its eddie davies property now. he's something like the 90th richest person in england, he can pay it.

thats why the smug digs piss me off. they might be £200m in debt but theyre not bankrupt. we've not cheated. we built a ground.

harry redknapp's portsmouth didnt get no where near as much stick.
Last edited by a1 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:48 pm

did anyone hear phil gartside interviewed on GMR before the game ? I missed it but just heard jimmy wagg say he'd been bullish

did he say anything of interest ?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:24 pm

He said Dearden was a knob

I struggled to disagree

We owe 9 million quid and we've loads of assets and we are attractive to an investor

But Eddie won't sell to somebody who he didn't feel was 'right'
Sto ut Serviam

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:37 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:He said Dearden was a knob

I struggled to disagree

We owe 9 million quid and we've loads of assets and we are attractive to an investor

Ta.

So was there an impression or something definitive about trying to get other investors ? or Eddie wanting to get out / sell ? or just the usual 'always open to offers'

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:50 pm

The latter

There is a frustration that we want to invest (which I thought to mean spend on the team) but can't cos of FFP
Sto ut Serviam

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Repeated at 2.50 today
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:35 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:He said Dearden was a knob

I struggled to disagree

i know nothing about this kind of thing... so - out of interest - what makes us attractive to an investor? how would an investor make money?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Not all investors want a financial return...

Actually, I think he said purchaser, fwiw

His argument was that at lots of clubs, you'd either have lots to spend to get a facility like the Reebok or you'd be saddled with a big mortgage on the place, whereas we have already sorted the stadium and own it
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:32 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Not all investors want a financial return...

His argument was that at lots of clubs, you'd either have lots to spend to get a facility like the Reebok or you'd be saddled with a big mortgage on the place, whereas we have already sorted the stadium and own it

i'll take your/his word for it - happy to - but can't pretend to understand why someone would pump tens/hundreds of millions into a football club like ours - not wanting a financial return unless they were some kind of a bolton fan...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:06 am

thebish wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Not all investors want a financial return...

i'll take your/his word for it - happy to - but can't pretend to understand why someone would pump tens/hundreds of millions into a football club like ours - not wanting a financial return unless they were some kind of a bolton fan...
I think he was talking attractive "relative to other similar clubs" rather than in a more generic sense. The rumour is that we've been trying to get investment (ie Eddie sell up) for a long while, and Gartside basically admitted as such on the radio "clubs are always for sale.....". Which perhaps suggests that in that more generic sense we aren't attractive at all, which is of course stating the obvious. There aren't that many people looking to buy an English football club especially a town club with gates under 20K.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 am

^ ahhh - I see, so "we are attractive to an investor" actually means "we are not attractive to an investor"?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 am

thebish wrote:^ ahhh - I see, so "we are attractive to an investor" actually means "we are not attractive to an investor"?
Yep. I think really he was just trying to say we are "as attractive as we possibly can be". In that we own the stadium and land around it and the training ground etc.

Which is fair enough.