Booze after the boos against the Blues ? 3 May 2014

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Booze after the boos against the Blues ? 3 May 2014

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:Gutted to have missed the fun n frolics...hopefully catch you all next time
Deffo, Salford. As has been said - we really should do it more often.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun May 04, 2014 3:52 pm

TKIZ, Mrs Vertigo and I were sat on one of the round tables in the middle as you walk in. I think I do vaguely remember seeing someone roughly of your description. Shame!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Vertigo wrote:TKIZ, Mrs Vertigo and I were sat on one of the round tables in the middle as you walk in. I think I do vaguely remember seeing someone roughly of your description. Shame!
Vertigo has a luxuriant black beard, Zico. I'm amazed that we let the 4ucker through Customs. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2014 3:58 pm

:lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Sounds like you had fun. Meet ups usually are. Maybe I'll get to a home game next season and meet a few faces. In the past I've met Worthy, Bruce, WtW, Bobo, Keveh, big Matt, Boris, Lord Kangana (I think) Soldier, Commie, Apathy, even Batman and Relentless from Northern Ireland and a couple of ladies. ( Maybe a fleeting glance Super John McGinlay once) All nice people and great to put some faces to names. Here's hoping.... :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 04, 2014 4:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Sounds like you had fun. Meet ups usually are. Maybe I'll get to a home game next season and meet a few faces. In the past I've met Worthy, Bruce, WtW, Bobo, Keveh, big Matt, Boris, Lord Kangana (I think) Soldier, Commie, Apathy, even Batman and Relentless from Northern Ireland and a couple of ladies. ( Maybe a fleeting glance Super John McGinlay once) All nice people and great to put some faces to names. Here's hoping.... :)
Ahem :|

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 4:52 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Sounds like you had fun. Meet ups usually are. Maybe I'll get to a home game next season and meet a few faces. In the past I've met Worthy, Bruce, WtW, Bobo, Keveh, big Matt, Boris, Lord Kangana (I think) Soldier, Commie, Apathy, even Batman and Relentless from Northern Ireland and a couple of ladies. ( Maybe a fleeting glance Super John McGinlay once) All nice people and great to put some faces to names. Here's hoping.... :)
Gee, sorry A.T, and you not easy to forget either. Memory not what it was.... :oops:
Edited for Zulu and Crazyhorse....apologies... :oops:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 04, 2014 4:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gee, sorry A.T, and you not easy to forget either. Memory not what it was.... :oops:
Edited for Zulu and Crazyhorse....apologies... :oops:
I'll let you off :mrgreen:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Vertigo wrote:TKIZ, Mrs Vertigo and I were sat on one of the round tables in the middle as you walk in. I think I do vaguely remember seeing someone roughly of your description. Shame!
Yes, I do remember. You were sat behind me for about ten mins. Shame I didn't approach and say "Are you here for The Gathering?" :lol:
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Almost forgot about Samhater. Wonder what became of him?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 04, 2014 7:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Almost forgot about Samhater. Wonder what became of him?
Once Sam left he didn't know what to do with himself :lol:
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Well, he got his way, but from that meet I remember him being a really sound guy. You also met SKD, Bench and........ I'll try and dig the pic out. Did Gertie come to that one?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Sounds like I missed the meet up of the season. Why is it when all of the southern based Whites fans plan to meet up time after time after time there is no problems (accept for at QPR when me, HMX and Devon White ended up one side of the pub and Bish, GG, Pru and Kinty ended up on the other side although we did meet the last two later that evening) yet when all of you (quite a few of whom live within a few miles of each other) at least 4 of the dozen of you end up spending the whole afternoon without out meeting any of the other forum members. Bobo you should be ashamed leave it to me, Pru and Kinty to sort mass meetings out in the future. I think it's because living down here life is that much faster you have to be more organised. Bobo out!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:Gutted to have missed the fun n frolics...hopefully catch you all next time
Deffo, Salford. As has been said - we really should do it more often.
Exactly, lets try and be a bit more organised next time though.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:04 pm

I will make sure I get to a home game next season as well will probably be either Reading or Wiggin.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well, he got his way, but from that meet I remember him being a really sound guy. You also met SKD, Bench and........ I'll try and dig the pic out. Did Gertie come to that one?
Good call for S.K.D, a sound lady. Bench is the big Matt I mentioned and Yes, Samhater was a good sport and a nice lad. Don't think Gertie was there that time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Just thought of something. Am I mixing Relentless up with somebody 22? who was also from Northern Ireland. Brought his Mrs, really nice couple and we were with Batman in The Harvester. Think it was a EUFA night game. Sorry if I am.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 04, 2014 9:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just thought of something. Am I mixing Relentless up with somebody 22? who was also from Northern Ireland. Brought his Mrs, really nice couple and we were with Batman in The Harvester. Sorry if I am.
You are, I think, mixing him up with Marshall 42... :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just thought of something. Am I mixing Relentless up with somebody 22? who was also from Northern Ireland. Brought his Mrs, really nice couple and we were with Batman in The Harvester. Sorry if I am.
You are, I think, mixing him up with Marshall 42... :-)
That's the leprechaun..... :lol:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun May 04, 2014 9:18 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I will make sure I get to a home game next season as well will probably be either Reading or Wiggin.
Come the start of the season, it will be 15 years since my last home game, although I've been to around 100 games in that time. Strange, but true.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!