Fulham:whether it be bestial oblivion or some Craven scruple

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Fulham:whether it be bestial oblivion or some Craven scr

Post by jaffka » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:35 pm

He is deluded, came across as a right prick. No sympathy for him.

He must be gone by tomorrow.

If he isn't gone by the weekend then fecking hell, Saturday is going to be very interesting.

Toxic.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:36 pm

At least he's finally admitted we're not good enough. But his whole attitude makes me cringe and bite down hard. He comes across as someone who doesn't really give a shit in that interview. I understand it's hostile and he is going to get defensive when asked about his position at the club, I think any normal person would, but come on, He's not helping himself at all with his team selection. Why did he have our "best" players on the bench from the start with one up front?? He can't expect to go to Fulham with a selection like that and not be ridiculed.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:36 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Fcuk me.

How depressing was that?

It was pretty much, what we've got in players ain't good enough, but we're going to have to work with what we've got, so we're stuffed unless we get really, really lucky (for a long period of time)

Not true though, is it? This bunch might have no chance of challenging but they ought to be good enough to stay up.
I agree, but he seems to be suggesting that the players we have might not be capable of that. :cry:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Worse than Megson by miles, makes Coyle look like Jose, feckin' know now't tosspot!
Last edited by Hoboh on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 pm

It's his fecking team.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm properly annoyed tonight. I don't really care about the loss because it's irrelevant and maybe it'll even be a positive thing for us but the game is besides the point, I'm so infuriated at the club because their refusal to act is to blame. Freedman should have been sacked a year ago after our worst start in over 100 years and there are many instances after that period where the club should have said "this isn't working, lets move on" but it didn't happen. Repeatedly, there have been chances to sack him and yet the club did nothing, and it's that acceptance of failure from Gartside and whoever else has a say in the matter is what really disgusts me. I don't care about Freedman, he's the worst manager I've seen during my time watching Bolton and I hope he doesn't get another job in football because he doesn't deserve it, but I'm not even angry at him tonight because whilst he's terrible at his job, at least he's doing the best he can but can you say the same for Gartside? No. He and the other board members could have chosen to sack Freedman time and time again and their refusal to do anything is why this keeps happening. I honestly thought we'd reached a tipping point at the weekend and Freedman's position had become untenable but apparently not, so another possible 3 points goes down the drain and we become an even less promising club for any potential replacements when the inevitable happens.

The players don't believe in Freedman, the fans certainly don't and I even doubt that he himself believes he is the man for the job but it's sad that the people who can make the right decision for Bolton choose not to. I've never had much bad to say about Gartside in the past but unless Freedman goes before the international break, then he should also be replaced because his handling of the managerial situation is as bad as Freedman's management of the team.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 pm

jaffka wrote:It's his fecking team.
Crystal Palace have called and asked for it back, actually.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
jaffka wrote:It's his fecking team.
Crystal Palace have called and asked for it back, actually.
I don't think so. Though they may have called and offered us quite a tidy sum to keep 'em! :hang:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Jeez - even when faced with such a total amateur interviewer as Dearden he 'admits' his players aren't good enough. So they will really want to pull out all the stops for him come Saturday...

hey, ho, they play like they want him sacked anyway...

Jeez - i'm really looking forward to Saturday. If he's still there I feel kind of sick at the thought...

I just don't do the booing and cursing and all that shit... that total shit... I'm not at the ground for that!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm

William the White wrote:Jeez - even when faced with such a total amateur interviewer as Dearden he 'admits' his players aren't good enough. So they will really want to pull out all the stops for him come Saturday...

Jeez - i'm really looking forward to Saturday. If he's still there I feel kind of sick at the thought...

I just don't do the booing and cursing and all that shit... that total shit... I'm not at the ground for that!
Keep taking the pills, they will eventually work :mrgreen:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 am

Worthy4England wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Fcuk me.

How depressing was that?

It was pretty much, what we've got in players ain't good enough, but we're going to have to work with what we've got, so we're stuffed unless we get really, really lucky (for a long period of time)
Not true though, is it? This bunch might have no chance of challenging but they ought to be good enough to stay up.
I agree, but he seems to be suggesting that the players we have might not be capable of that. :cry:
So what he means is that HE can't make this lot .... HIS lot btw .... perform. So he either shifts them out and replaces them, oh no ... He can't can he .... or HE goes.

If the man had a spine he'd resign tonight. He must be able to see it's not working and it's not going to either.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 am

Bloody hell. That was shite. I'm past the point of even understanding what he's trying to do, never mind thinking it might work.

When a middle three of Ream, Spearing and Pratley line up, you think at the very least we'll put a bit of pressure on the ball. Instead we sat off them and let their forward players get it on the half turn and run at our back four time and time again.

When you name two right-footed players on the wings, you think the one who wants to cut in will play on the left, and the one who wants to get his head down and hit the line will play on the right. Try again.

When you have the choice of Darren Pratley or Mark Davies at pretty much anything, you'd pick Davies. Or not. When you're planning a triple substitution you'd think you'd do it at half time, when you've got the whole team in, rather than 8 minutes afterwards.

You'd think players who play football for a living would want the ball, rather than hiding after 5 minutes (Neil Danns, in space, 5 minutes in waving over his head to Chris Herd.)

There were no redeeming features save for about 10 minutes of Mark Davies looking lively before he got shunted out left, for Feeney to come out to the right wing and change the game once we'd gone 4-0 down.

It's a matter of when.

He could do the right things now and it still wouldn't work. The fact that Dawson and Juke both really wanted to come back shows it's not that they hate him, it's just no-one has a clue what they're doing.

It's got the feeling of a long slow slide to oblivion about it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 am

I think this is as strong as I can remember seeing from the local paper. Starting to get cut adrift after 10 games *gulp*
Marc Iles in the BN wrote:IF this was the final nail in Dougie Freedman’s coffin as Wanderers boss it was delivered with a sledgehammer.... Freedman, sat dejected in the dugout, must wonder whether his time is up?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14 am

William the White wrote:Jeez - even when faced with such a total amateur interviewer as Dearden he 'admits' his players aren't good enough. So they will really want to pull out all the stops for him come Saturday...

He has no choice but to blame the players or the blame falls squarely back on himself. He does have a point on one thing, why are we paying a bloke good wages to miss scoring from seven yards? Freedman can't be blamed for the individual actions of duffers, Moxey's screw up or Mills slipping etc, but he can certainly be blamed for not addressing his problems. They're his players, and if he can't see that ten games in with one win and propping the table up is a major concern, what's he drawing good wages for? He also blatantly persists in thinking he's fooling anybody that his selections are some mercurial visionary plan that will lead us to the land of milk and honey. By the time he realises he hasn't got it right, we're usually a couple of goals down. He cannot even pretend to not know that teams we should be taking points from are making us look very foolish. Enough's enough.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14 am

Unfathomable that he might survive this, but who knows.

I've always stuck up for Gartside, but it is his own arrogance that is ruining the job he did for the first decade or so of his tenure. He smugly blathered on about how Owen Coyle was lowering the wage bill and promoting the youth while he took us down. Now history is repeating itself.

Dougie is not the man, and he's done an spectacularly awful job, but he is trying and I've no problem with him sticking it out until somebody tells him otherwise.

10 games in and we'd need to double our points tally just to get out of the relegation zone, in the Championship. How the feck has it come to this?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:37 am

It'd be ultimately inhumane to drag him out in front of Saturday's home crowd. Let's hope that humility prevails and we've gone our separate ways before then.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:51 am

This is his team. And he's had more cash than a lot of other managers to mould it.

If he doesn't go tomorrow gartsides got a death wish and eddie...fcuk he might actually be dead! Why would he not see the risk otherwise?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:54 am

Oh dear. Woke up expecting the usual 2-1/2-0 defeat at Fulham. I'm not really surprised. He needs to go for the sake of the fans, players and club. Most of all he needs to go for himself. A classic case of 'promoting' someone into a job they are incapable of doing. I don't doubt he's tried, but he's like the new junior manager running round like an idiot trying to prove himself/herself and doing the precise opposite.

Oh, and boooooooo.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:30 am

Up early to check who is now in charge and what do I find..... it's still Freedman, Flemming and the invisible man Lawrence. Think I'll go back to bed.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:35 am

Riviman wrote:Up early to check who is now in charge and what do I find..... it's still Freedman, Flemming and the invisible man Lawrence. Think I'll go back to bed.
I have had a check around as well.

Nothing.

Duggie must be made of Teflon.