Wednesday week (she loved me). Sheffield Wednesday (A) 17/1

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Wednesday week (she loved me). Sheffield Wednesday (A) 1

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm

TWSpy in!
Pfffft.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:06 pm

I admit that I was one of Pratley's biggest critics when Freedman was manager. Having seen a few of his more recent performances it is quite clear now that not only was he out of sorts/form previously but he appears to have been given a huge boost by Lenny & co.

So indirect apologies to Darren (direct in the unlikely event that he reads this forum) and I really hope he continues to play a key role in our climb up the table.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:10 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:I admit that I was one of Pratley's biggest critics when Freedman was manager. Having seen a few of his more recent performances it is quite clear now that not only was he out of sorts/form previously but he appears to have been given a huge boost by Lenny & co.

So indirect apologies to Darren (direct in the unlikely event that he reads this forum) and I really hope he continues to play a key role in our climb up the table.
I'm in exactly the same boat, Chief.

If I was a Chairman interviewing young Douglas (Not that he'd get an interview in the first place, but bear with me) then my first question would be - "Darren Pratley - absolutely shite under you, yet a free-scoring midfield lynchpin under Neil Lennon. Discuss!"
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:17 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:I admit that I was one of Pratley's biggest critics when Freedman was manager. Having seen a few of his more recent performances it is quite clear now that not only was he out of sorts/form previously but he appears to have been given a huge boost by Lenny & co.

Me also....his touch and finish for the goal yesterday was quality

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:27 pm

I don't think most forummers on here thought that Pratley was any good under Dougie. He's added another dimension to his play but could be down to his contract being up also?
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:46 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Thought this made for an interesting read: http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index. ... -opinions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Especially the thoughts on our 'debt' when they are owned by Milan Madaric (one of the dodgiest owners out there)
I liked the quote 'most fans are window lickers' followed by a bloke describing their manager as a nob. They're 9th!! Considering how far they fell quite recently I expected them to be a bit happier
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

If I was a Chairman interviewing young Douglas (Not that he'd get an interview in the first place, but bear with me) then my first question would be - "Darren Pratley - absolutely shite under you, yet a free-scoring midfield lynchpin under Neil Lennon. Discuss!"
To be fair, he was also pretty awful under Coyle.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:49 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Enoch wrote:That Pratley, he's a wanker.
Probably, but let he who cast the first stone....
God loves a sinner.

I'm comfortable with it too.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Yes. Whether it was all down to Freedman and his team depressing the f*ck out of the team we may never know but it seems likely that Lenny has instilled some belief into a number of players and in the case of Darren actually transformed him. It may be as simple as treating players with respect and as the adults they are.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:28 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Yes. Whether it was all down to Freedman and his team depressing the f*ck out of the team we may never know but it seems likely that Lenny has instilled some belief into a number of players and in the case of Darren actually transformed him. It may be as simple as treating players with respect and as the adults they are.
Jugs wrote:To be fair, he was also pretty awful under Coyle.