Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Abs wrote: But you guys tried to fleece us knowing we are desperate and played yourself here. Because now Spurs will know you have 24 hours to do a deal or lose him for free. Good luck to Cahill though, he has handled himself like a pro unlike your clown chairman
Short-sighted fool. The prospective comedy pairing of Knightmare and Wheater would, in the long run, cost us considerbly more than the piddling amount that your lot were offering for Cahill. So it's hats off to Garty, a visionary professional.
That's why he's running a Premiership football club and you're just making an absolute cock of yourself on the internet. :fingers:
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:25 pm

DJBlu wrote:We've been offered £15 mil off Tottenham before and were stupid enough to say no.
Take the money and move on. The entire team was affected at the weekend with all the speculation.
The club is bigger than the player.
yeah - well - now he's had another engerland call-up, he's worth more!

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abs wrote: But you guys tried to fleece us knowing we are desperate and played yourself here. Because now Spurs will know you have 24 hours to do a deal or lose him for free. Good luck to Cahill though, he has handled himself like a pro unlike your clown chairman
Short-sighted fool. The prospective comedy pairing of Knightmare and Wheater would, in the long run, cost us considerbly more than the piddling amount that your lot were offering for Cahill. So it's hats off to Garty, a visionary professional.
That's why he's running a Premiership football club and you're just making an absolute cock of yourself on the internet. :fingers:
Is he so bad? i know Knight is a joke, but I thought this guy was big talent when he was at Boro

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Abs wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is he so bad? i know Knight is a joke, but I thought this guy was big talent when he was at Boro
to an arsenal fan - he might look like a big talent... yes... hmmmmm.....

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I havent seen him play for Bolton ever. but I remember when he came through at Boro he was getting alot of praise early on and people were saying he's a future england player. The fact that he's behind knight should scare the hell out of you lot

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Abs wrote:I havent seen him play for Bolton ever. but I remember when he came through at Boro he was getting alot of praise early on and people were saying he's a future england player. The fact that he's behind knight should scare the hell out of you lot

for once i agree with ya

but Wheats has't had a decent chance to prove himself
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Abs wrote:I havent seen him play for Bolton ever. but I remember when he came through at Boro he was getting alot of praise early on and people were saying he's a future england player. The fact that he's behind knight should scare the hell out of you lot
he (like knight) is an average premiership-standard centre-back. He's not awesome - and he's not shite. we can't afford awesome ones, and if we stumble across one, then we can't really afford to keep them. we've had some good ones in the past - we live in hope of unearthing some more one day (though I think I'd rather have BigSam picking in that dept. than OC...)

I think England is a distant dream for Wheater just now...

those are the waters we fish in.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm

Abs wrote:oh well he will go to spurs now who will feed you with the sh!t they wanted to get rid off and take him for 6 million + bassong and hutton or some sh!t like that
does this mean that you are now going to p*ss off?

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm

jaffka wrote:
Abs wrote:oh well he will go to spurs now who will feed you with the sh!t they wanted to get rid off and take him for 6 million + bassong and hutton or some sh!t like that
I still believe he will come to us. Cahill wants to come to us and Im sure he's gonna tell Bolton chairman do one and talk with Arsenal.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
110 posts of making a cock of yourself no doubt!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Abs wrote:
jaffka wrote:
I still believe he will come to us. Cahill wants to come to us and Im sure he's gonna tell Bolton chairman do one and talk with Arsenal.
You know this how?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Abs wrote: The fact that he's behind knight should scare the hell out of you lot
Well, Plymouth's correct in that he hasn't had a decent run in the side yet, but the early signs have been disturbing to say the very least.

At the time of the move many Boro fans were quite upset, so one assumes that there must be some quality in there somewhere, but I doubt that sticking him next to Zat Knight will see us realise it.

I also disagree with thebish on the subject of Knight's ability; the guy's an absolutely clueless gimp.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abs wrote: The fact that he's behind knight should scare the hell out of you lot
Well, Plymouth's correct in that he hasn't had a decent run in the side yet, but the early signs have been disturbing to say the very least.

At the time of the move many Boro fans were quite upset, so one assumes that there must be some quality in there somewhere, but I doubt that sticking him next to Zat Knight will see us realise it.

I also disagree with thebish on the subject of Knight's ability; the guy's an absolutely clueless gimp.
nahhh... that's just young'un talk! there is a scale between awesome-wet-your-pants and clueless gimp - it's where most of the premiership CBs sit - Knight among them...

ferrarif50hunt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ferrarif50hunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Even though we've now signed Per Mertesacker, we're still expected to put in a final, take it or leave it bid for Gary Cahill tonight or tomorrow morning. If it's not accepted, we will apparently turn our attention to Chelsea's Brazilian CB, Alex.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Yes but we don't mind, as Arsene said - we don't have to sell him if we don't want. So "meh"

ferrarif50hunt
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ferrarif50hunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:35 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Yes but we don't mind, as Arsene said - we don't have to sell him if we don't want. So "meh"
That's fair enough.

I wish you would sell him though, you can have Squillaci? :wink:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Nah, you're alright.
Pfffft.

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Yes but we don't mind, as Arsene said - we don't have to sell him if we don't want. So "meh"
In 26 hours he's worth 0 pound...think about that. It angers me Garty turned down the offer......that money will come in handy when Bolton go down :pissed:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Nope, we could still make £6m in Jan. And think how many points we can save from now til then.

I've seen your next 4 fixtures. You'll still not have as many points as Steve Keen come the end of Sept

Abs
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Abs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:54 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Nope, we could still make £6m in Jan. And think how many points we can save from now til then.

I've seen your next 4 fixtures. You'll still not have as many points as Steve Keen come the end of Sept
swansea home
blackburn away
bolton home :box: