Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Arran(!!) Lee-Barret's his name
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Who?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:43 pm

He's been on the bench for the last 2 months apparently!! That one really passed me by!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Is he on loan from Utd?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Is he on loan from Utd?
Only if Millwall have changed their name. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Is he on loan from Utd?
Only if Millwall have changed their name. :?

They have - tossers
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:57 pm

He's going to stick by his 'style' ... which, if previous history is anything to go by, means he'll change it again for the next game.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/10894341._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Freedman appealed for patience from the terraces but says he will not be changing his team’s style of play in an effort to change results.

“I’m asking the players to do something they haven’t really been doing before and that’s moving the ball from the back,” he said. "We are not taking our chances right now and it’s affecting the results but I strongly believe we have enough quality and strong characters in the dressing room so that when do start taking our chances we start winning games of football.

“The results don’t match the performances but I don’t think it’s far away.”
Interestingly it was Charlton at home 12 months ago when he had the players interminably knock it around the back in quick, neat, but pointless 10 yard passes to each other.

It was all about having to educate the fans to this style of play. It seems still to be the case.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:06 pm

It's like Roy McFarland again when we rolled the ball across the back four thinking we were shit hot but just let the opposition regroup and set themselves up defensively.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Chances? What f*cking chances?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Chances? What f*cking chances?
He means all the chances our top scorer and last month's saviour Jermaine Beckford is clearly missing while being sat the bench.
Or maybe he means the chances Beckford will get when he's loaned out to Barnsley in January to make room for whichever striker purchase that Freedman self indulgently thinks will be the answer to our problems then.

Personally I think he meant chancers. Him and Lennie Lawrence.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Joseph "Joe" Mason - Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)

Up against;

Michael Brian Morrison - Height 6 ft in (1.83 m)

and;

Richard Wood - Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

All those clean-cut chances that we twatted up to Mason in the air, of course. Anyone would think that Mason doesn't even want to be here, the lazy nice person! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 pm

Our two most clinical players appear to Baptiste and McNaughton
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:29 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yeah. I've forgotten his name again..
Bogdan?? :wink:

Big Sam dropped Jussi last week, I hear...
Yeah .... & he lives near Bolton I believe.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Joseph "Joe" Mason - Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)

Up against;

Michael Brian Morrison - Height 6 ft in (1.83 m)

and;

Richard Wood - Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

All those clean-cut chances that we twatted up to Mason in the air, of course. Anyone would think that Mason doesn't even want to be here, the lazy tw*t! :roll:
Story of our season. I spotted so many quality centre halves in the opposition this season, I'm starting to wonder whether its us making them look good. Silly me, its because the Championship is stacked to the rafters with high quality centre halves, and its only us who have fallible ones, which has nothing to do with our infallible management team.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Talking of bullshit (BS) ... I read that Mr Freedman has announced today that though the Danns 7 McNaughton loans end after the Boxing Day game he's so far done nothing about looking to renew them. He then blarps on about his dislike of the loan system (Previous BS reading in August) and that he hasn't even spoken with the two players (BS) nor Cardiff or Leicester (BS ... is he really asking us the believe that whilst discussing Mason he didn't even mention McNaughton ... even a little bit ??).

Apparently he's planning on letting the window run a little before deciding whether to look at extending the loans (BS).

Now I DO understand negotiation ... also that he may not be master of this matter and it's actually in the hands of Fast Eddie and PG. However, it has to be said that in the middle of this turgid season of clear ineptitude two shinning lights have been Danns and McNaughton.

What sort of state are we in if we aren't looking to get these two on board, even as an extended loan ?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:06 am

What exactly is Dougie's 'style of play'?

It's not 'percentages' because the ball isn't in the box enough, it's not playing to 'our strengths' because I don't know what they are, it's not holding on to the ball because we don't, or even worse CAN'T. It's not built on a solid defence - because we don't have one. It's not having a strong midfield who can move the ball because we can't put two effing passes together..

It's not building for the future because he clearly doesn't rate the academy, it's not team spirit because loan players come and go, it's not centred around one player because no one knows from one week to the next if they're going to play (not in a good way). It's not about learning from mistakes because we see the same things costing us goals week in week out....

So what is it?

Answers on a postcard to Dougie Freedman Guess my Style Comp. Education Way. Brain St, Bolton. L3N N1E
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:22 am

His style of play revolves around sorting out the mysterious behind the scenes problems.

He's been at it for 12 months; so presumably our back end must be in better shape than Kylie's by now.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:19 am

“I’m asking the players to do something they haven’t really been doing before and that’s moving the ball from the back,”
Ah, now I understand why the passing sequence often takes the format: Lonergan, McN, Dans, Spearing,Pratley, Chungy, Eagles, Moritz,Chungy, Eagles, Mills, Ream, Mills, Lonergan. Repeat. .......So good we have to do it all again.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:42 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but our goal on Saturday was after a patient/controlled/slow/dull build up, albeit with one touch from them somewhere in it. I remember someone shouting "Get it forward!" anyway.

That said, I don't think we create enough clear-cut chances from our play, but a lot of the decent ones where you might expect a few goals to go in are just missed by our attackers. Everyone misses chances, but Chungy for example - I wouldn't bet anything on him scoring these days. Hall is unpredictable rather than composed, Eagles has done in the past but not at the moment, and we all know about the trouble up front. Medo's great at hitting the post, Spearing never scores and supposed goalscoring Pratley's never in the team. Danns is a bit of a threat to be fair to him but he's now gone. Which leaves Moritz and M.Davies as the latest saviours....
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:14 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:His style of play revolves around sorting out the mysterious behind the scenes problems.

He's been at it for 12 months; so presumably our back end must be in better shape than Kylie's by now.
:lmfao: