Wanderers vs The Villa

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Re: Wanderers vs The Villa

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:53 pm

From that 101-goal link you can see Davies' hands go in the air by way of celebration as soon as Klas strikes it, well before it's gone in. He knows him well. Quality.

Bout time we got a late winner.

Well 'appy me.

Goodbye Houllier?
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Here are our remaining league fixtures and in my estimation we can get 14 points taking us to 54, must be looking good for at least 7th if not 6th but our best chance for Europe still lies with the FA Cup

Man Utd v Bolton (0)
Birmingham v Bolton (3)
Bolton v West Ham (3)
Fulham v Bolton (1)
Bolton v Arsenal (0)
Blackburn v Bolton (3)
Bolton v Sunderland (1)
Blackpool v Bolton (3)
Bolton v Man City (0)
The Voice Of Reason

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Not sure all this " getting tonked" is coming from. Half their game was banging it forward for Bent. How many times have we had chances in past games, missed them and lost. They had them, sure, but they didn't take them, their bad. We took ours and deserved the win for never-say-die spirit, and beat a decent side who can play football in the bargain. We were still attacking when the whistle finally went. Whatever we did, keep right on doing it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Not sure all this " getting tonked" is coming from. Half their game was banging it forward for Bent. How many times have we had chances in past games, missed them and lost. They had them, sure, but they didn't take them, their bad. We took ours and deserved the win for never-say-die spirit, and beat a decent side who can play football in the bargain. We were still attacking when the whistle finally went. Whatever we did, keep right on doing it.
Very true on everything there Tango. The "getting tonked" bit, for me, is from the sheer amount of possession Villa had and how dangerous they looked in comparison to us through the first half. But as they always say - the best teams can gain points when they're not at their best, and I think for me, that's what makes this win all the sweeter.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm

newboy wrote:cracking game pity sky don't seem to think so
What? Kammy was gushing about the game, saying how great is was!
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Choppers wrote:
newboy wrote:cracking game pity sky don't seem to think so
What? Kammy was gushing about the game, saying how great is was!
I'm assuming he means the fact that Sky picked West bloody Ham vs Stoke for their pick of the day on Football First. Regional bullshit yet again.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Ashley Young is in Drogba territory for sheer c*ntishness. What a prick. Houllier's whinging is quite funny. First he insists the ball stayed in (which it CLEARLY didn't) then he complains about managers complaining about referees, then he says it stayed in again, then they tell him it went out, then he whinges about Bent not being offside at one point. Brilliant. We didn't play well, but both sides had really good chances they missed, them probably even more than us. Jussi should have saved the second, fell to his knees but made up for it with a brilliant penalty save. Cahill refused to lose, and was awesome, no idea what the criticism of him for the first goal is about?! Klasnic, well, I can't think of another player in the world I'd rather have those falling to. So clinical.

Did I mention Young is a cnut?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Prufrock wrote: Cahill refused to lose, and was awesome, no idea what the criticism of him for the first goal is about?!
Stream commentators seem to think he should have headed it straight then Friedel could have saved it. His glancing header found the only unmarked spot. Fxck em.

Sorry, thought you meant our first goal.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Prufrock wrote:Cahill refused to lose, and was awesome, no idea what the criticism of him for the first goal is about?!
Yeah, looking at a replay of it now, it was mostly Robbo's fault.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:Ashley Young is in Drogba territory for sheer c*ntishness. What a prick. ?
There's a growing tendency amongst quick people like him, Lennon, Walcott etc to run at the back of a defenders legs chasing a ball they're not going to win, then throw themselves in the air. Noticed it a few times lately and it fools the ref every time. Also bugs that players are allowed to shield the ball, yet every time KD tries it somebody shoves him in the back and throws their arms up. Happened twice today each time a free kick given against Davies.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:43 pm

There was one occasion today where a Villa player jumped into the back of a static Davo to win a header, sending the pair of them tumbling to the turf. Free kick to SKD, you'd assume? Nope, went t'other way. Stupid refereeing.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 pm

this made me chuckle...fom the Heroes and Villans forum....

"Having watched that, my first thought is that we've missed a trick this season with all the events pre-Christmas because Bolton, being 6th in this league, shows how pish it is. Don't believe all this garbage about Coyle having them play football, because they're the same as they've always been. Their still a side that plays the percentage game, launching balls into the fat lads out wide and eking out set pieces"

He must have been watching a different game and as for our position in the league table not deserving of our performances this season where do I start.... :crazy:
The Voice Of Reason

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:this made me chuckle...fom the Heroes and Villans forum....

"Having watched that, my first thought is that we've missed a trick this season with all the events pre-Christmas because Bolton, being 6th in this league, shows how pish it is. Don't believe all this garbage about Coyle having them play football, because they're the same as they've always been. Their still a side that plays the percentage game, launching balls into the fat lads out wide and eking out set pieces"

He must have been watching a different game and as for our position in the league table not deserving of our performances this season where do I start.... :crazy:
It must be very galling for them... Not as good as Bolton and failing eyesight as well... And live in Birmingham... Don't chuckle, Salford... Feel pity... Almost makes my heart break...

But not quite... :lol:

RobbieSavagesLeg
Promising
Promising

Post by RobbieSavagesLeg » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:this made me chuckle...fom the Heroes and Villans forum....

that'll be chung yong then...
I'd rather support Bolton than be you.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 pm

TBH our football wasn't that great today expect for the last 20 mins when the game got really stretched. I couldn't see us scoring from open play at all and were probably second best for most of the match. Villa will quite rightly be wondering how the feck they lost that game. Still the spirit of the team really shone through, quite impressed by their collective attitude and you've got to say it comes from the manager.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:04 pm

We robbed the points, in all honesty, but it's happened to us often enough o a bit of fortune will be taken with both hands.

I was impressed by the sheer speed of Villa's counter attacking style. It certainly tested our full backs who, with all the will in the World, are not fast.

One point tho .... if there is a disease which will ultimately bring the house of football crashing down it's cheating. It's the first time I've seen him live I think, but Ashley Young is a complete & utter disgrace. I have not witnessed a performance like that from an English player I think ever. If that's how Villa fans, Houlier, Capello etc., etc ... & most of all Ashley Young himself, feel is the way forward then I despair.

That makes me fear for a referee who fell for it time, after time, after time. In a week where ref's have come under scrutiny this performnce was only outshone by the fckg numb-wit with the yellow flag.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:31 pm

What's the betting Linnekar agree with those on here who insist we were just lucky? Is it okay if I just pretend we played well so as to excuse the big silly smile I've been wearing since 4-49 this afternoon? :wink:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:What's the betting Linnekar agree with those on here who insist we were just lucky? Is it okay if I just pretend we played well so as to excuse the big silly smile I've been wearing since 4-49 this afternoon? :wink:
We definitely weren't just lucky. There was a helluva lot of spirit in our lads today, and some terrific defensive displays, most of all from our Gazza. The majority of us just recognise that we didn't play as well as we did against, say, Newcastle and Spurs in November...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:What's the betting Linnekar agree with those on here who insist we were just lucky? Is it okay if I just pretend we played well so as to excuse the big silly smile I've been wearing since 4-49 this afternoon? :wink:
We definitely weren't just lucky. There was a helluva lot of spirit in our lads today, and some terrific defensive displays, most of all from our Gazza. The majority of us just recognise that we didn't play as well as we did against, say, Newcastle and Spurs in November...
Not saying for a minute we were perfect TW, we had some sloppy stuff in patches. I just read another headline "Klasnic sinks unlucky Villa". Don't remember anybody calling us "unlucky Bolton" even when we decidedly were. I'm just still on a high. :D

kt22cliffjumper
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kt22cliffjumper » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:54 pm

It was a great game and 3 pts BUT Mdavies at MF and CYL at RMF should be starting at every meaningful game ahead of Muamba/Elmo if they are not injured.