No time to make crap puns - Bolton v Newcastle, 26 Dec

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Re: No time to make crap puns - Bolton v Newcastle, 26 Dec

Post by Devon White » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:55 pm

I have not posted for ages,
We employ players who are not even championship standard, muamba, robinson, pratley, ngog, boyata
Simply not good enough, qpr , stoke and blackburn were lucky wins, we cant hide behind anything, we are not good enough to stay up and we must take the championship.
Coyle ? He hasnt got enough good footballers to choose from.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Like Dblu said,that was going fine until he took Muamba off. We're not a blinding team and a clean sheet or a draw would not be the end of the world so why feck about with a solid core. That was just numb! I try to be an optimist but I just cant see us being near enough by the end of Jan to be anything more than relegation certs. It is gauling tho because this insistence on going for the win doesnt seem to work in our favour very often and a few draws would see us in a far better off position.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Devon White wrote: We employ players who are not even championship standard, muamba, robinson, pratley, ngog, boyata
Just no :whack:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Shouldn't have taken Muamba off, that's a tactical decision he's got wrong
Looked resonably comfortable till that stupid sub!!! and Robinson is nowt but a pub team player and that generous!!!!!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Think the board will be happy with that?
Can't afford to sack him?

feck it and get rid I'll bung a few quid in if I have to.

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 pm

going down with a thump every half decent performance followed by complete and utter shit what the FCUK happens between games? do they actually think now they've won a game the rest will be easy? utter utter shit worst Bolton team performances I can recall. Coyle do us all a favour and FCUK OFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 pm

2399 wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:UEFA C

Well, I'm amazed

Truly amazed

Is that an award you've just invented for yourself, seeing as how it doesn't exist
Well it does exist. I think you are not a full Shilling!

I have a UEFA ZZZ

which means that I used to when I first started watching footie I'd get up at 6odd AM and watch UEFA CL Matches.
Now I no longer do.
Good for you! Its a NVQ level 2 certificate which is a UEFA C License i got it 9 years ago, don't see what the fcuk it has to do with you when i'm replying to someone else.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:01 pm

The thing is if we'd got a point today, whilst not ideal, and then gone on to beat Wolves, it's 7 points from 3 games and a good momentum builder. But no, Coyle doesn't do draws, so he goes all gung-ho and it cost us massively.

Nice guys finish last, he's got to go.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Keeping decent possession. Muamba off for Eagles. Suddenly Mavies and Coker can't pick up two men in the box after Eagles loses the ball?

Too much blame being put on the substitution.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Coyle must want us to go down. No other explanation for that ridiculous decision. We were on top and out scrapping em. So let's take off our ball winner for a winger. Genius!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Vertigo wrote:Keeping decent possession. Muamba off for Eagles. Suddenly Mavies and Coker can't pick up two men in the box after Eagles loses the ball?

Too much blame being put on the substitution.
Cheered me up.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Coyle must want us to go down. No other explanation for that ridiculous decision. We were on top and out scrapping em. So let's take off our ball winner for a winger. Genius!
Yes genius. :hang:
Could have been worse he could have taken Klasnic off and put davies on.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:07 pm

I just don't know what goes through his head he had no need to make that sub there was no tactical reason for it. there was no threat coming through the middle because Moo and Nige were bossing it. totally inept and out of his depth just go Coyle.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Gutted by this result more than most because you could see that we've thrown it away. A draw would have been just as good
Pfffft.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:21 pm

newboy wrote:I just don't know what goes through his head he had no need to make that sub there was no tactical reason for it. there was no threat coming through the middle because Moo and Nige were bossing it. totally inept and out of his depth just go Coyle.

The tactical reason was to try to win the game. Fair comment about no threat through the middle, but neither did we.
Muamba and Reo Coker are both holding mids, but are not creative enough, hence the tactical change to put M Davies in the middle to create and also eagles out wide to create. It didn't work but at least it was a positive move to try to win the game.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:25 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:
newboy wrote:I just don't know what goes through his head he had no need to make that sub there was no tactical reason for it. there was no threat coming through the middle because Moo and Nige were bossing it. totally inept and out of his depth just go Coyle.
It didn't work but at least it was a positive move to try to win the game.
It's not the first time he's made that change and at no point has it ever improved the situation. Coyle weakened the midfield in an attempt to win the game and you're happy with that?

thevza
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by thevza » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:27 pm

It's getting pretty sad now.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Whookam wrote:
Turkish Trotter wrote:
It didn't work but at least it was a positive move to try to win the game.
It's not the first time he's made that change and at no point has it ever improved the situation. Coyle weakened the midfield in an attempt to win the game and you're happy with that?

No I never said I was happy, but to say there was no tactical reason for it is wrong. We are in a situation where a draw is really not good enough, To put out a team with no creativity is a worse crime than try to change it.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:29 pm

thevza wrote:It's getting pretty sad now.
Yup.
Pfffft.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:

The tactical reason was to try to win the game. Fair comment about no threat through the middle, but neither did we.
Muamba and Reo Coker are both holding mids, but are not creative enough, hence the tactical change to put M Davies in the middle to create and also eagles out wide to create. It didn't work but at least it was a positive move to try to win the game.
Tactically its bleeding obvious what he was trying to do but it never works. Think of it this way.How much of a threat are Eagles and Mavis going to be compared to unleashing the quality that most of our opponents have through the middle.I think a little bit of lets have what we hold wouldnt go amiss. FFS keep it tight first and foremost.The best gamblers are lucky ones and Coyle is a crap gambler