away to birmingham

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: away to birmingham

Post by Mar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Forget a playoff push. We're gonna finish midtable i'd imagine. Todays performance probably warrants more than we got but we've gotta grind out results and for a team thats maintained its Premiership squad we should be doing a lot better.

Can't see anything other than a Sheffield Wednesday win on Saturday. We're not that organised and we've not got the killer instinct to deal with being a disorganised mess.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks Tango, as always much appreciated, pity all your hard work was for nowt as usual !!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Well, if the statement from Gartside is to be believed, Coyle needs an away win against Wednesday to save his job. Anything less, and he's gone.
which statement was that?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Well, if the statement from Gartside is to be believed, Coyle needs an away win against Wednesday to save his job. Anything less, and he's gone.
What statement is that?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Owen's post match will stress bad reffing. It's a given, even though it was.
Sounded poor tho dont think it changed the result

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 pm

It makes me want us to lose if thats true. Ferkin tragic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born to be a Wanderer!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 pm

thebish wrote:
That our target is to be on 2 points per game. Though given we can be nowhere near that average irrespective of Saturdays result, and Coyle is clearly falling behind set objectives and targets, no need to wait till then.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Blackburn storming the league.. :(

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Impossible to say where we will finish this season, its the kind of division where a few wins or a few defeats near the end of the campaign can make or break you regardless of how rubbish a team have been.

But, with this mon in charge we wont be going anywhere fast. Saturday may well see another grim atmosphere in the away end but I cant see it being the end of him whatever the result. I cant see much changing until at least the next international break.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Blackpool win, Blackburn win, I think Sheff Wed. may be breaking point..ticket bought I guess!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

ChrisC wrote:Blackburn storming the league.. :(
3 straight away defeats for us when even Steve Kean looks good in this league :shock:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Post by m_taylor » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

My brother who is a blues fan and went to the game said we played well and were unlucky not to score at the end. Very even game and a draw would have been a fair result. He also said the ref was very poor with so awful decisions against Bolton.

Still not right in so many places. Defense poor, midfield vacant, and goal shy strikers.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

3 games away, lost 3. When looking at our away record since Coyle came, surely the message should get through, but no it'll be played 4 lost 4 after Saturday.
Born to be a Wanderer!!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
That our target is to be on 2 points per game. Though given we can be nowhere near that average irrespective of Saturdays result, and Coyle is clearly falling behind set objectives and targets, no need to wait till then.
That would have us on 92 points by the end of the season. Slightly optimistic, mayhaps?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Can't honestly say tonight was Coyle's fault. Spearing injury was a real blow, Chungy didn't play well, Knight threw a wobbler and gave away the penalty that lost us the game. Afoebe seemed to do okay although the Sordell situation is baffling. Not scoring was the difference as we had a panful of chances and the ref seemed a right xxxx. Has to be either Sordell and N'gog (who isn't really doing much) or Sordell and Davies with N'gog or Afoebe subbing for Saturday.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Turkish Trotter wrote:3 games away, lost 3. When looking at our away record since Coyle came, surely the message should get through, but no it'll be played 4 lost 4 after Saturday.
But we did better away than at home last season

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Verbal wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
That would have us on 92 points by the end of the season. Slightly optimistic, mayhaps?
that means that a1 is Gartside :shock:

The Dangler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Dangler » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Blackburn fans obviously don't boo their manager..
Or is it just the fact that he's got more idea?

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Can't honestly say tonight was Coyle's fault. Spearing injury was a real blow, Chungy didn't play well, Knight threw a wobbler and gave away the penalty that lost us the game. Afoebe seemed to do okay although the Sordell situation is baffling. Not scoring was the difference as we had a panful of chances and the ref seemed a right xxxx. Has to be either Sordell and N'gog (who isn't really doing much) or Sordell and Davies with N'gog or Afoebe subbing for Saturday.
Sordell and KD for me. I still dont believe NGog is any use as a partner striker.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

TD - when would it be Coyles fault

Fcuking hell

His players, his team, his tactics, his half time talk

He's a bad un
Sto ut Serviam