No Jackett required?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: No Jackett required?

Post by ChrisC » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:51 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:just back.
a win, hurrah. 3 really good well worked, well taken goals.

started off like a train. first 10 minutes - movement, sharp passing, threatening, scored.

and then the wheels slowly came off, all became scrappy and what happened in the first 10 minutes stopped. They came more into it, scored, started to look the better team.

Pretty much against the run of play, Ream advances plays the pass & Beckford finishes well.

2nd half we obviously went into controlling the game without the ball and haneded the intiative to them. Beckford missed a sitter to settle the nerves. Thought Moritz looked good - comfortable on the ball, looks like he can pick a pass and find space. Took his goal well.

Dougie was obviously just toying with us when he brough Zat on - I do wonder what he would be like as a premiership manager - would the team actually get off the bus before it was parked.

All in all, glad of the 3 points, but unconvincing.
Millwall had Shittu pushing up getting knockdowns late on so I think that was why Dougie brought Knight on.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Jez wrote:There was a lot of talk about needing a "20 goal man" before this season kicked off, well Beckford scored his 4th in 5 today, anyone else daring to wonder if he might be digging deep for his Leeds form?
reckon he'll be good for 15 or so, particularly if someone is playing up or just behind him, of the likes of moritz, mavies .

observation made around us today, was how we're having to go from a team who just banged it in the general direction of SKD, to one that has to more accurate in sliding those passes to Beckford otherwise theres no point.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 pm

ChrisC wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:just back.
a win, hurrah. 3 really good well worked, well taken goals.

started off like a train. first 10 minutes - movement, sharp passing, threatening, scored.

and then the wheels slowly came off, all became scrappy and what happened in the first 10 minutes stopped. They came more into it, scored, started to look the better team.

Pretty much against the run of play, Ream advances plays the pass & Beckford finishes well.

2nd half we obviously went into controlling the game without the ball and haneded the intiative to them. Beckford missed a sitter to settle the nerves. Thought Moritz looked good - comfortable on the ball, looks like he can pick a pass and find space. Took his goal well.

Dougie was obviously just toying with us when he brough Zat on - I do wonder what he would be like as a premiership manager - would the team actually get off the bus before it was parked.

All in all, glad of the 3 points, but unconvincing.
Millwall had Shittu pushing up getting knockdowns late on so I think that was why Dougie brought Knight on.
well it certainly sent a few blokes around me in lofthouse lower into apoplexy, about the hanging on mentality it seemed to be signalling

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:04 pm

And I'm still waving it about...................er..........if anyone's interested........... :oops:.......But not in that pervy sexual way.........................

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Are you on row q staffs trotter by any chance?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:21 pm

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Are you on row q staffs trotter by any chance?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed

theres a group of blokes must be x & y and I do wonder why the bother - but they have been there since the stadium opened so they must get some strange enjoyment.

problem is I think I'm starting to be assimilated :shock:

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:28 pm

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:

does anyone else feel a wee bit patronised ? or do we need educating ?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Jez wrote:There was a lot of talk about needing a "20 goal man" before this season kicked off, well Beckford scored his 4th in 5 today, anyone else daring to wonder if he might be digging deep for his Leeds form?
But Jez, Jermaine Beckford has scored five goals this season, each of them coming from him having the ball played to him on the deck, yet when we do this thing whereby we invite teams onto us the out ball is to nice person it up to him in the air. Today he was being towered over by Danny Shittu, a man who had he not made it as a pro footballer might have earned a decent living from playing John Coffey in stage versions of The Green Mile. On the rare occasion that he did manage to get it down there wasn't another white shirt within 2/3rds of the pitch. When we ran at Millwall today we were superb, and yes, maybe Beckford does need three chances to score one but so what? There is enough ability within this set-up to take on all-comers and to constantly feed Beckford in - so why aren't we? I also heard the post match interview that BL3 refers to, and he's absolutely right in his questioning of Freedman's talk of knocking it about at the back - it's not our strength, so why are we doing it? Our strength is taking it to them and feeding Beckford in. He'll recapture his Leeds form, or has, by dint of him receiving the ball in the right way.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:38 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote: does anyone else feel a wee bit patronised ? or do we need educating ?
The fans were shouting "Knock it forward, get it up to the big man"? WHAT?????
May the bridges I burn light your way

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote: does anyone else feel a wee bit patronised ? or do we need educating ?
The fans were shouting "Knock it forward, get it up to the big man"? WHAT?????
I thought they were shouting for a bit a of urgency, movement and passing, rather than the slow knocking around between our defender/ CMs and then the forward punt. Perhaps its the accent

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TKIZ! wrote: me look like Ronnie Corbett :lol:
Amazing. You know how you have a mental picture of what people look like. I always figured you for a Corbett looky-likey :D
See, I have TKIZ down as being tall, thin and with scruffy brown hair that needs cutting. :)

(I apply that description to BWFC-I, too).
AT, I do totally look like a stretched out version of Corbett.

BR, you are quite close to how I look.
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:10 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Amazing. You know how you have a mental picture of what people look like. I always figured you for a Corbett looky-likey :D
See, I have TKIZ down as being tall, thin and with scruffy brown hair that needs cutting. :)

Life can be so unfair :(

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 pm

jaffka wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Life can be so unfair :(
And I support BWFC as well, double whammy :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Life can be so unfair
And I support BWFC as well, double whammy :lol: :wink:[/quote]

:lol:

This guarantees your entry into heaven though, ask thebish :wink:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Many good things about today. Three excellent goals. Beckford looking good when not yapping at the ref. Centre backs having a vg game - Mills his best so far, imo, Ream playing very well (though i wish we had another centre back to release him for the holding position).

Frustration when we play so well, score, then go into frightened mode and invite them back into the game. There was no surprise when they equalised. It's what we do.

But nice to leave the Reebok happy. :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:19 pm

by the way everyone ... #41, on the bench ... Oscar Threlkeld.

Anyone know about the guy ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:26 pm

bobo the clown wrote:by the way everyone ... #41, on the bench ... Oscar Threlkeld.

New one on me. Did N'gog and Eagles make the bench? I missed the bench bit apart from knowing Knight, Moritz and Craig Davis came on.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:by the way everyone ... #41, on the bench ... Oscar Threlkeld.

New one on me. Did N'gog and Eagles make the bench? I missed the bench bit apart from knowing Knight, Moritz and Craig Davis came on.

Indeed they did. Very attacking bench. Lots of options.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 am

TANGODANCER wrote:

Lee-Barrett, Knight, Moritz, Craig Davies, Ngog, Eagles and Threlkeld was the bench.

Threlkeld is a name that was vaguely familiar. One of those who seems to have been around our youth team so long that they might be 30-odd. Centre-back, if I recall correctly.