Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Don't Terrier self up about it - Huddersfield Thread

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:03 am

Bijou Bob wrote:Mark Robbins in!!!!
Fine by me.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:11 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Are you happy with the football being played A1? Ignore results for a minute.
i carnt tell , could never figure out what folk were moaning at when they were wishing that allardyce would play "good football" , when folk moaned then , that's when the crowds decreased. i couldnt give a shit , they were winning, i didnt see the need.

sammy lee's football scared me coz it just did.

megson's i could tell what were what, "we'll probably draw against hull, then i think we'll win next week coz we're away"

coyle 's football, i'd not been able to tell at all, wins seemed to be totally luck based or a multi goal defeat . i zoned out just cos i couldnt tell what were going on.. makes me think that if he were sammy lee, he'd been sacked after two months. the weekly muamba sub thing did me fecking head in.

freedman's i can kinda tell what he's doing, but it'll take time to figure, possibly due to not having the right players somewheres. not conceding bucketfulls is a nice change, though. i think if they could score , they'd be great. the elmander free coyle £4m ngog thing might be the fault.

it (now) kind of reminds me of early era allardyce. it might get dead good. but i dont think they shudda sacked megson , so, i can persevere yet. just to see what will happen..

.. to me it wont get worse than coyle's reign, so i dont think it matters. it's too late to worry now.
the time for that were when norwich and swansea and newcastle were beating us while Smiley McGymShorts were clapping like a kid from the special needs school.

Give him time , he'll either sort it or he wont. he could do with borrowing Coyle's hypnosis tape in the meantime, if just to get a contract extension..

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:21 am

Until recently I've been all for giving him time but now I've come to the conclusion that it's going backwards and I can see what he's trying to do and it really doesn't appeal.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:42 am

a1 wrote:
.. to me it wont get worse than coyle's reign, so i dont think it matters. it's too late to worry now.
the time for that were when norwich and swansea and newcastle were beating us
It's already worse.

Not time to worry when we are 4 points off relegation places in the Championship and we can't beat Yoevil, Derby and Wednesday at home?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
a1 wrote:
It's already worse.

Not time to worry when we are 4 points off relegation places in the Championship and we can't beat Yoevil, Derby and Wednesday at home?

What do you suggest we do? Sack him.....and then who do we get in?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:40 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
a1 wrote:
It's already worse.

What do you suggest we do? Sack him.....and then who do we get in?
There's somebody employed by the club who's paid almost 20x the national average to make those kind of decisions. They'll know who is available and who could be tempted to switch allegiances. I don't really get that argument to be honest
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:52 pm

boltonboris wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
a1 wrote:
It's already worse.

What do you suggest we do? Sack him.....if so then who do we get in?
There's somebody employed by the club who's paid almost 20x the national average to make those kind of decisions. They'll know who is available and who could be tempted to switch allegiances. I don't really get that argument to be honest
In around about way that's the fvcker I'm on about! We gotta start looking at Garty..... do you trust him to get someone else in? I don't!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:01 pm

I don't either, but that's no reason to accept the shit we're being served up at the moment
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:03 pm

I've said for a while now if Freedman fails Gartside should go with him. He took a pretty big punt there.
I don't blame him for Coyle, his rep was sky high and most of us wanted him, but this will be one failed manager too many.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 pm

boltonboris wrote:I don't either, but that's no reason to accept the shit we're being served up at the moment

But there's nothing we can do! other than sack him.... Garty chose him (i'd have hoped he'd have scouted him before making a decision) so if Freedman fails, Garty has to go I blame him more than Freedman TBH

He took the money which no one can blame him for! his family were in danger after all.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:35 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I don't either, but that's no reason to accept the shit we're being served up at the moment

But there's nothing we can do! other than sack him.... Garty chose him (i'd have hoped he'd have scouted him before making a decision) so if Freedman fails, Garty has to go I blame him more than Freedman TBH

He took the money which no one can blame him for! his family were in danger after all.

aye - but that's assuming that picking a manager is something that has parameters that make sense - as if there are twenty questions with 20 right answers for an interview that guarantees success...

there isn't - it's a lottery. tried and tested sure-banker managers sometimes fail - unknown managers with no distinguished track record sometimes succeed... sometimes a manager works well at one club but not at another - in one division - but not another - at one club in one season, but not at the same club the next season.... it's a lottery - and we're not striking lucky..

big sam was by no means an obvious sure-banker candidate..

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04 pm

thebish wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

aye - but that's assuming that picking a manager is something that has parameters that make sense - as if there are twenty questions with 20 right answers for an interview that guarantees success...

there isn't - it's a lottery. tried and tested sure-banker managers sometimes fail - unknown managers with no distinguished track record sometimes succeed... sometimes a manager works well at one club but not at another - in one division - but not another - at one club in one season, but not at the same club the next season.... it's a lottery - and we're not striking lucky..

big sam was by no means an obvious sure-banker candidate..

Granted... I get all that! but if you're not a good gambler then you should give up..... it's been more or less a disaster since Sam left! the only season i enjoyed was Coyles first ful season (except the semi-final)

You happy for him to carry on making crucial mangerial decisions?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:14 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

Granted... I get all that! but if you're not a good gambler then you should give up..... it's been more or less a disaster since Sam left! the only season i enjoyed was Coyles first ful season (except the semi-final)

You happy for him to carry on making crucial mangerial decisions?

as happy as I'd be asking anyone else to do it.. it's a lottery whoever spins the wheel! (to elegantly mix my gambling metaphors!)

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Fair do's, IMO if Freedman goes I'd be expecting Garty to follow

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I guess the point I'm making Norm, is that the year we got relegated (and Coyle was right in that there are some fine margins), we were a long way from being the 18th on the wage bill ladder in the Prem. Maybe a long way from Hierro, Campo, Jay Jay etc. but compared to other clubs the season we went down, we had plenty, 14th highest wage bill in the Prem.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablo ... ounts-debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last season, I suspect we were still in the top 4/5 in the Championship, if not higher. This season I suspect we're probably not far off that - maybe a couple of places down.

Which ever way you look at it, both Coyle and Freedman were/are underperforming against the amount of wage bill at their disposal. Yes it takes a while to filter out high paid players you're not going to use - especially if they're on long term Contracts that they'd rather run down than lose, but we've signed quite a lot of players under Freedman including loanees, and current performance isn't reflecting the investment he's getting
Which suggests I suppose that we were probably very badly served by the Coyle regime..
Freedman seems to be shopping at the pound shop though.. There's no one we've signed with significant top flight experience... Without the discipline of proper research, :-) From afar Freedman looks like he's under orders to assemble the Bolton Wanderers value 11.. All we lack is blue and white stripes. Most of the wage bill looks like it's watching the match... May be we have spent poorly again, can't exonerate freedman in that but I still don't see it as all down to him.
I'm nearly 50 so remember when we were proper shite... Beyond a couple of years in the Greaves era... Phil Neal, George Mulhall, Charlie fecking Wright.. Feels like that again and I don't feel like the current group would be much different whoever we put in the dug out... But I am traditionally glass half empty... :D
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Plymouth's avatar in! At least it's pleasant to watch.............................

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Plymouth's avatar in! At least it's pleasant to watch.............................
:pissed:

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:37 pm

What a fecking pile of shit.

I find myself counting the seconds, rather than the minutes, down to the end of the game and I can go home. It shouldn't be like that, we pay money to go and watch a game and be entertained, but I'd rather dip my head in a bucket of piss than watch this shit these days.

Dougie Freedman is a fecking awful manager. I don't give a shit what anyone says. For me, it's entertainment OR results.... unless you're Chelsea, Man City and the rest that can demand both because they have the money to. Under Sam Allardyce it was results.... under Coyle to a certain extent it was entertainment (because we used to see goals scored at both ends) but with this wet cardboard box Freedman it's neither. He serves up shit week after week and we don't see any improvement in results.

I have honestly no idea what his plan A is, never mind plan B. Even Gary Megson had a plan A. When you're a school kid, you're taught the game of "pass and move", he just seems to teach "pass and stand" with pass sometimes meaning "kick the ball out of play" or "hit it long to Beckford who has absolutely no chance of winning it".

I never thought I'd say it but I'm really considering not renewing my season ticket next year. If he's still in charge and we're still churning out this shit, I'm going to the odd away game and that's it. I can't hack any more sober games.