Ipswich Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Ipswich Match Thread

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:06 am

Nice Piccolo. Nice. If you've only just calmed down for your last outburst I reckon you'll have a heart attack by puberty :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:08 am

Lord Kangana wrote: Only, I reckon I'm in with a shout of being in the 10% non-tits.
In this instance, I'm not convinced that's an endorsement.

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

jaffka wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:not posted for a while because 90% of the forum are TIT's

but am i right in saying we lost 1 - 0

yet 3 of our strikers scored 2 of which were playing in the same league as us and 1 for a relegation rival?

WTF are we doing??

seriously we need to be playing

a back 5 Of i dont care most are useless

2 cdm spearing medo pratey

3 forwards literally whoever can create and take a chance eagles springs to mind ect

longball who cares football - get results

(your oppinions dont matter to me)
After your opening line, do you expect people to take you seriously?

If this site is so crap, why come on?

Go the whole way and tell us who the great 10% are and the others. You could even do a gif :lol:

happy you fecking c*nt?

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 am

feck yall im out again hope you enjoy moaning at crappier and crappier players over the years to come

FORUM FULl OF nice people GOODBYE

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 am

:lol: welcome back!

It's important to stress just how important the internet is.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:12 am

mrpiccollo wrote:
jaffka wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:not posted for a while because 90% of the forum are TIT's

but am i right in saying we lost 1 - 0

yet 3 of our strikers scored 2 of which were playing in the same league as us and 1 for a relegation rival?

WTF are we doing??

seriously we need to be playing

a back 5 Of i dont care most are useless

2 cdm spearing medo pratey

3 forwards literally whoever can create and take a chance eagles springs to mind ect

longball who cares football - get results

(your oppinions dont matter to me)
After your opening line, do you expect people to take you seriously?

If this site is so crap, why come on?

Go the whole way and tell us who the great 10% are and the others. You could even do a gif :lol:

happy you fecking c*nt?
:lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:13 am

Thor wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "Not for the first time we felt we were by far the better side in the opening 45 minutes." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "At the start of the second half a rush of blood and a rash decision was the difference between the two teams." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We don't blame Andrew Lonergan, because he has been superb for us recently." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We can't let our heads go down. We have to make sure we keep the performance and commitment levels up." #IPSvBOL”
"we have no blame culture at this football club" has to be the best quote, after his public flogging of the team after Reading. What a great morale booster that was!
Has he actually said that in addition to the above? I mean, he might have done, in which case, ignore me (:D), but if not, that's a bloody tip-top example of people quoting him as saying things he didn't say!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thor wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "Not for the first time we felt we were by far the better side in the opening 45 minutes." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "At the start of the second half a rush of blood and a rash decision was the difference between the two teams." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We don't blame Andrew Lonergan, because he has been superb for us recently." #IPSvBOL”

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We can't let our heads go down. We have to make sure we keep the performance and commitment levels up." #IPSvBOL”
"we have no blame culture at this football club" has to be the best quote, after his public flogging of the team after Reading. What a great morale booster that was!
Has he actually said that in addition to the above? I mean, he might have done, in which case, ignore me (:D), but if not, that's a bloody tip-top example of people quoting him as saying things he didn't say!
It's on the bbc report.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 am

Bolton manager Freedman said: "It was a very disappointing result. We felt in the first 45 minutes that we were by far the better side, creating two or three opportunities.

"There was not a lot in it, but a rush of blood in the second half was the difference.

"Andy Lonergan has been fantastic for us and we have no blame culture at this football club.

"The one disappointing thing is that we didn't create enough in the final 20 minutes.

"When these things happen, we have to make sure we stick together and not let our heads go down. These small moments are hurting us badly right now."

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 am

Cracking goal by Cravies yesterday.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:37 am

Jugs wrote:Cracking goal by Cravies yesterday.
Davies shines in dream debut

Preston's new signing Craig Davies strengthened his side's promotion chances as he inspired them to a 2-0 win over Notts County.

The Bolton striker, a last-minute loan signing for North End on transfer deadline day, produced a superb display on his debut to keep Simon Grayson's side in the play-off pack.

Davies opened his account in the 65th minute when he did brilliantly to find space on the edge of the box to fire into the top corner.

The hosts' lead was doubled just six minutes later when Jack Grealish hauled Davies down inside the box, despite Notts claiming the tackle had been just outside the penalty area.

Well done Dougie. Every goal the lad scores should be another nail in the coffin.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:37 am

So the 'blame culture', did he say "we have no blame culture at this football club"?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:42 am

Prufrock wrote:So the 'blame culture', did he say "we have no blame culture at this football club"?
Pt has just up the quote above.

It also on the bbc match report.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:43 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Jugs wrote:Cracking goal by Cravies yesterday.
Davies shines in dream debut

Preston's new signing Craig Davies strengthened his side's promotion chances as he inspired them to a 2-0 win over Notts County.

The Bolton striker, a last-minute loan signing for North End on transfer deadline day, produced a superb display on his debut to keep Simon Grayson's side in the play-off pack.

Davies opened his account in the 65th minute when he did brilliantly to find space on the edge of the box to fire into the top corner.

The hosts' lead was doubled just six minutes later when Jack Grealish hauled Davies down inside the box, despite Notts claiming the tackle had been just outside the penalty area.

Well done Dougie. Every goal the lad scores should be another nail in the coffin.
Yep. I've been one of the ones who felt Cravies never got a fair crack at Bolton; he's got goals in him. The decision to loan him out left me aghast.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:52 am

Prufrock wrote:So the 'blame culture', did he say "we have no blame culture at this football club"?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25891860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 am

mrpiccollo wrote:feck yall im out again hope you enjoy moaning at crappier and crappier players over the years to come

FORUM FULl OF tw*ts GOODBYE
Christ !!

You'll be missed.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 am

Fair enough then!

Massively glad I didn't go to this. There is a depressing air of inevitability to it all. I wish we'd at least have a go.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Same non blame culture he had after the reading game a few weeks ago....

The Scot launched a withering attack on his squad, which was hauled in for extra training yesterday, and now sit just four points off the relegation zone.

“I still take it for granted that I am in this for the long haul because I am trying to build something up from scratch,” said Freedman.

“But along that way you are seeing players who are frankly not good enough for the football club. Anyone can see that.

“I have to work with these players and train with them until I can get recruitment in.

“I have been here 14-15 months but there is still a nucleus of players who are simply not good enough.

“And you can’t move them on because football players these days earn that much money.
Last edited by Peter Thompson on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:The worst thing about today, on a personal level, is the fact that Tom Eaves scored a last minute equaliser against Brentford for Shrewsbury which cost me over £1,500 on an accumulator.

I'm destined never to like him.
Ouch. :shock:

It's Dougie's fault for sending him to Shrewsbury in the first place. Freedman out!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 pm

jaffka wrote:Another defeat away from home. Does anyone at the moment expect any different?

One striker on the pitch, new to the system (do we actually have a system?) with the only replacement on the bench an attacking midfielder. If plan A goes tits up as it so often does there isn't much scope for a plan B. The bizzare transfer dealings have seen to that.

Am I wrong in suggesting that Bolton fans just want to see their team have a go?
Abso-fecking-lutely. (Not the 'being wrong' bit). No verve, no drive, no getting at anybody. Two things I've always loved about our fans:

firstly, they're discerning. If they think you're a knob, you've had it. This pisses me off sometimes, usually when I don't agree, or even if I do when it extends to booing your own players, but I like that we're not supported by hoardes of Geordie cretins gurning away on SSN about King Kev and 'the lads'.

also, if you give them a reason to like you (having started at indifference) THEN they'll get behind you and that crowd when it gets going ain't bad. You also know you've earned it. No-one has earned it recently! The atmosphere away has been pretty good, but that was nothing to do with the football!