New Sheriff, but he's still a villain - Forest (A) 21/02/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: New Sheriff, but he's still a villain - Forest (A) 21/02

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:13 am

Ream's injury. When it happened I was sure somebody had flung Tim Ream into the post. At first I thought I's seen it wrongly then somebody on her mentioned the same thing. If that was the case, how come nothing was done about it by the ref or it hasn't been highlighted?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:49 am

I said we'd get battered.

We were awful, from start to finish.

The ref made a bad day even worse. Mills should not have been sent off. Ream, as Tango has just pointed out, was thrown into the post. So that was a foul and a booking which didn't happen. And I don't think even think theirs was a penalty. The ref was also gonna either book or send Longergan off but bottled it. Bad ref.

Bad day overall, though.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:44 pm

truewhite15 wrote: Lennon can't be held accountable for Twardzik having a shocker, or for Twardzik falling on his arse to kick off the whole sorry rout.

apart from the fact that it was Lennon who signed him up...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:17 pm

thebish wrote:
truewhite15 wrote: Lennon can't be held accountable for Twardzik having a shocker, or for Twardzik falling on his arse to kick off the whole sorry rout.

So one bad game makes him a bad signing for life, does it?

Stop fishing.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:02 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Ream's injury. When it happened I was sure somebody had flung Tim Ream into the post. At first I thought I's seen it wrongly then somebody on her mentioned the same thing. If that was the case, how come nothing was done about it by the ref or it hasn't been highlighted?
Nobody saw it I guess. Plus, I doubt the player meant to fling him into the post.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
thebish wrote:

dunno! let's see! but Lennon surely IS accountable for the players he signs and picks?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:32 pm

thebish wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
thebish wrote:

dunno! let's see! but Lennon surely IS accountable for the players he signs and picks?
Let's cut the bullshit and tell us what you are suggesting?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:47 pm

Neil Lennon will sort it during the close season, he'll learn a lot about these players in games like this....he'll bring in some much needed steel in the summer.

His target this season was always to keep us up with the position he inherited, which he should be able to do....he got a very impressive new manager bounce but he's now learning about how mentally soft and weak a lot of our players are.

His post match interview yet again is excellent....he says it as it is - no bullshit

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:53 pm

jaffka wrote:
thebish wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:
thebish wrote:

Let's cut the bullshit and tell us what you are suggesting?
Something along the lines of "If Freedman was still in charge..."

Yes, he's accountable for the players he signs and picks, and if a player proves over a number of games that he's gash, then yes, Lennon takes the rap. But not after one bleeding match.

Why am I even bothering to respond to the WUM?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:09 pm

There's lots of ways of looking at what's going on. Whichever one you pick, leaking 4 goals in 4 of your last 6 league games needs some attention...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:There's lots of ways of looking at what's going on. Whichever one you pick, leaking 4 goals in 4 of your last 6 league games needs some attention...
nahhh... s'just a blip - all bodes well for next season! :wink:

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Vertigo wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Ream's injury. When it happened I was sure somebody had flung Tim Ream into the post. At first I thought I's seen it wrongly then somebody on her mentioned the same thing. If that was the case, how come nothing was done about it by the ref or it hasn't been highlighted?
Nobody saw it I guess. Plus, I doubt the player meant to fling him into the post.
The same player chucked Dervite to the floor on the sidelines and KO'd Lonergan with a high foot... I reckon he probably did mean to...

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:54 pm

Jugs wrote:I said we'd get battered.

We were awful, from start to finish.

The ref made a bad day even worse. Mills should not have been sent off. Ream, as Tango has just pointed out, was thrown into the post. So that was a foul and a booking which didn't happen. And I don't think even think theirs was a penalty. The ref was also gonna either book or send Longergan off but bottled it. Bad ref.

Bad day overall, though.
It seemed to be one of those games where what bad could happen, did happen... hopefully that means we've used up all our bad luck in this game and can hope for a better run of things to come.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:15 pm

Used all our bad luck in this game? It feels as though it's been like this most of the season!!! There's a curse been bewitched on us, there must be :(

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:24 pm

It's interesting to read the comments from Bolton fans on the official Facebook page. So far under Lennon, the fans have reacted with positive comments when we've lost, like, "Lennon will sort it out." This time around, though, there is a lot of ire. Fans who have been travelling to recent away games are not happy, and it's the first time I've seen a lot of negative comments. They have a reason to be annoyed, and we're all annoyed, and we've just gotta be hope we can turn this around quickly. Another abject away day on Tuesday and I worry that the boo boys will return, which is not what we want.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Negative comments are justified. I went to Rotherham, it was dreadful but I shrugged it off as a one off bad day. It wasn't.
He's ignoring experienced players and playing kids out of position, it's ridiculous. Im a big fan of his but if I think he's messing up I will say so. I won't be booing or such nonsense, but like Bish said, and was slated for, it IS Lennons fault if he makes a risky selection with twardzik and it backfires.
I'm confident he will improve things, but he needs to learn that he can't dick about with daft selections with a below average squad in a tight league. It's all very well doing that with Celtic against Much weaker teams.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:04 pm

twilight wrote:Used all our bad luck in this game? It feels as though it's been like this most of the season!!! There's a curse been bewitched on us, there must be :(

Can you wiggle your nose ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 pm

We have too much of an injury problem in the squad to avoid making strange decisions, so I'm not overly bothered by what is happening now or by the decisions Lennon is making. I think it's by necessity rather than choice, so I can excuse the weird decisions and poor results right now. It's just not an issue for me, however disappointing it is to concede so many and lose too frequently.

The individual errors need sorting out though but that's down to the players themselves. Watching them, it's like they feel nothing is to play for this season.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Freedman's pre-match talk was probably get stuck into them they have a shithouse mentality and will fold!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:51 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Negative comments are justified. I went to Rotherham, it was dreadful but I shrugged it off as a one off bad day. It wasn't.
He's ignoring experienced players and playing kids out of position, it's ridiculous. Im a big fan of his but if I think he's messing up I will say so. I won't be booing or such nonsense, but like Bish said, and was slated for, it IS Lennons fault if he makes a risky selection with twardzik and it backfires.
I'm confident he will improve things, but he needs to learn that he can't dick about with daft selections with a below average squad in a tight league. It's all very well doing that with Celtic against Much weaker teams.
well said. I support Lennon, but he still needs to learn things (like 3 at the back don't work..not with these guys anyway)