Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by enrdentw » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:32 am

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I'd be very careful about flying out to Switzerland for any medical procedures.
:lol:
I don't want to start my own thread but do any Bolton fans live in Switzerland? I live just outside Zurich (originally from Astley Bridge). If there is anyone out here get in touch!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:51 pm

I've had enough of him. He needs to go. No, I've no idea who should replace him but why should that matter...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:58 pm

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:42 pm

I see the dingles have sacked their manager tonight because he's "only" won three games this season. We'd snatch their six fingered hand off for that kind of success!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:35 pm

That would be the 8th Championship manager to go this season...There aren't many of those clubs below us in the table. Brentford, Rotherham, Charlton, Leeds, Huddersfield, QPR, Fulham and Blackburn.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:That would be the 8th Championship manager to go this season...There aren't many of those clubs below us in the table. Brentford, Rotherham, Charlton, Leeds, Huddersfield, QPR, Fulham and Blackburn.
There aren't many of any clubs below us in the table.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm not having talk about finances being the cause of all our woes.

When Lennon came in we went on a run of: Pl 17 - W 8, D5, L4 - Pts 29

We then lost an FA Cup replay.

That defeat was followed by another run of: Pl 18 - W4, D5, L9 - Pts 17

This entire time was pretty much the same group of players Lennon inherited, Lee Chung-Yong's departure the only one of any note, with Lennon bringing in some of his own to strengthen the squad.

My take on that is either Lee Chung-Yong was much more important to the team than he appeared to me, so much better than, say, Gudjohnsen, or something happened in the wake of the Liverpool defeat that changed the dynamic in the dressing room.

Since the end of last season we've lost only, Mills, Ream and C. Davies of any note and I can't remember many shedding tears over their departures.

Our form since then is this season's run of: Pl 17 - W1 D8, L8 - Pts 11

Finances are clearly tight, but there looks to be more amiss than lack of cash. The nucleus of the squad Lennon inherited remains intact and thus far everyone's getting paid each week.

I'm a Wanderer whatever the weather and the hiring and firing of managers won't change that. When it's obvious the squad are no longer performing for the boss, whoever it is, I don't envy those that have to wield the axe.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:19 pm

I think the difference is that we had a period of CYL, Zach and t'other fella with Feeney playing off Davies putting himself about. Pratley also looked like a Championship player rather than Zat Knight.

What will be interesting is if we get Zach back, with t'other youngster whose name is escaping me, playing off Ameobi will be if we can recreate some of our better football of recent times.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I think the difference is that we had a period of CYL, Zach and t'other fella with Feeney playing off Davies putting himself about. Pratley also looked like a Championship player rather than Zat Knight.

What will be interesting is if we get Zach back, with t'other youngster whose name is escaping me, playing off Ameobi will be if we can recreate some of our better football of recent times.

clayton... looks a bit like a little puppy lost at the moment... he's not coming off the bench and terrorising the opposition, anyway!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:38 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I think the difference is that we had a period of CYL, Zach and t'other fella with Feeney playing off Davies putting himself about. Pratley also looked like a Championship player rather than Zat Knight.

clayton... looks a bit like a little puppy lost at the moment... he's not coming off the bench and terrorising the opposition, anyway!
That's the fella :D Sounds like we're playing round stumps in triangular holes!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:05 pm

I think it's more fundamental than who is, or who isn't, injured.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Enoch wrote:

I think it's more fundamental than who is, or who isn't, injured.
We looked like scoring then, which is the fundamental problem now.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm not saying it would fix everything, but it would be interesting to see how much difference it would make.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Enoch wrote:I'm not having talk about finances being the cause of all our woes.

This entire time was pretty much the same group of players Lennon inherited, Lee Chung-Yong's departure the only one of any note, with Lennon bringing in some of his own to strengthen the squad.

My take on that is either Lee Chung-Yong was much more important to the team than he appeared to me, so much better than, say, Gudjohnsen, or something happened in the wake of the Liverpool defeat that changed the dynamic in the dressing room.

Since the end of last season we've lost only, Mills, Ream and C. Davies of any note and I can't remember many shedding tears over their departures.

Finances are clearly tight, but there looks to be more amiss than lack of cash. The nucleus of the squad Lennon inherited remains intact and thus far everyone's getting paid each week.

I'm a Wanderer whatever the weather and the hiring and firing of managers won't change that. When it's obvious the squad are no longer performing for the boss, whoever it is, I don't envy those that have to wield the axe.
We were no great shakes last season (overall) and for large parts of the season we had CYL (who was one of the form players in the division up until we sold him), Craig Davies, Adam Le Fondre, Eidur and Clough. And we weren't that good then! Replace them with Ameobi and Madine and you can see how we've gotten worse.

I don't see the mystery. We were a mediocre Championship team that lost all of it's best attacking players. What's left is not spineless, lacking in effort or choosing not to play for the manager. They just aren't good enough. Look at their records.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Enoch wrote:I'm not having talk about finances being the cause of all our woes.

We were no great shakes last season (overall) and for large parts of the season we had CYL (who was one of the form players in the division up until we sold him), Craig Davies, Adam Le Fondre, Eidur and Clough. And we weren't that good then! Replace them with Ameobi and Madine and you can see how we've gotten worse.

I don't see the mystery. We were a mediocre Championship team that lost all of it's best attacking players. What's left is not spineless, lacking in effort or choosing not to play for the manager. They just aren't good enough. Look at their records.
A lot of them were signed by the manager though.

A manager who said prior to the season he thought with the squad he has assembled that play offs were a possibility.

I think Enoch's analysis is spot on. Chungy the only player we've lost who I think Lennon would have kept in an ideal world.

He got rid of Davies and that looks poor business. But yeah, our form, irrespective of the money situation is nowhere near good enough and Lennon has done a very poor job.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
A manager who said prior to the season he thought with the squad he has assembled that play offs were a possibility.

he's also said that a lot more recently than prior to the season!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Tombwfc wrote:We were no great shakes last season (overall) and for large parts of the season we had CYL (who was one of the form players in the division up until we sold him), Craig Davies, Adam Le Fondre, Eidur and Clough. And we weren't that good then! Replace them with Ameobi and Madine and you can see how we've gotten worse.
Le Fondre and Gudjohnsen were not with us during Lennon's good spell, only for our poor showing post Liverpool. We had the returning talent that is Mark Davies to seamlessly replace the injured Clough and don't lose sight of the fact Lee Chung-Yong was all but ever present through the Freedman era.

I'm happy that our squad is more than capable of holding it's own in the Championship.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:We were no great shakes last season (overall) and for large parts of the season we had CYL (who was one of the form players in the division up until we sold him), Craig Davies, Adam Le Fondre, Eidur and Clough. And we weren't that good then! Replace them with Ameobi and Madine and you can see how we've gotten worse.
Le Fondre and Gudjohnsen were not with us during Lennon's good spell, only for our poor showing post Liverpool. We had the returning talent that is Mark Davies to seamlessly replace the injured Clough and don't lose sight of the fact Lee Chung-Yong was all but ever present through the Freedman era.

I'm happy that our squad is more than capable of holding it's own in the Championship.

That guy at Forest will be available soon - worth a punt ?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Relevant or not in our position, he's lost the plot,

LENNON OUT!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:49 pm

he's certainly got a teflon coating! no blame sticks to Lenny!