Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:00 am

As Phil Parkinson said after the game yesterday, this takeover needs to be sorted ASAP this week - no more pissing about. Bassini needs to take a bloody good look at himself & realise that no one (club & supporters) want him at the club and that his actions are seriously hurting the club & also that he is actually becoming a hated figure in Bolton.

FV this week also need to seriously step up & communicate with the supporters and show how serious & professional they are instead of this complete silence. It didn't look like Sharon Brittan was at the game yesterday ?, perhaps Bolton is too far for her, as she was at Wycombe with it being nearer to her London home ?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:45 am

Ms Sharon Brittan holds 24 appointments at 24 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 8 appointments at 8 dissolved companies. Their longest current appointment spans 15 years, 3 months and 4 days at CHOICE STORAGE LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SHARON holds a current appointment equals £6.3m, a combined total current assets value of £64.5m with a total current liabilities of £87.3m and a total current net worth of £45.8m. Roles associated with Ms Sharon Brittan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary, Llp Designated Member
Does not look like pots of money in there to be fair?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Pretty obvious, just going from percentages, possession, shots, chances etc yesterday, that life in League One isn't going to be an easy one. Comment has been made in a couple of reports that Coventry set out to bully our young squad, and this will probably be the case quite often. Question is now, ( and not really expecting answers as nobody knows) do we try to keep the senior players we have and try to reassemble, or seek a team from pastures new and the academy? It's already been remarked that yesterday's team, fantastic as they were, isn't strong enough on its own. Just frustration talking really, but we do need some action desperately.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm
Pretty obvious, just going from percentages, possession, shots, chances etc yesterday, that life in League One isn't going to be an easy one. Comment has been made in a couple of reports that Coventry set out to bully our young squad, and this will probably be the case quite often. Question is now, ( and not really expecting answers as nobody knows) do we try to keep the senior players we have and try to reassemble, or seek a team from pastures new and the academy? It's already been remarked that yesterday's team, fantastic as they were, isn't strong enough on its own. Just frustration talking really, but we do need some action desperately.
They tried to bully them but the young lads gave as good as they got. We had the lions share of possession last week against Wycombe with the seniors with no threat on goal. These lads with a mix of experience can go on and prove that they are capable of grinding out results.

I don't think we'll see any of the seniors from Wycombe as they'll all have other clubs to go to. They clearly made their beds yesterday, I would let them lay in it. There will be players out of contract that can come in. Get some cash for the ones going out and use it on players who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

We desperately need goal scorers as it is clear from the 2 games so far that the young lad Brown for all his running will have little to no success against the defences in this league.

If what Parky has been saying is true that there are players waiting to sign contracts then I think this week could be extremely interesting.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:01 pm

I think there've been players "ready to sign" Contracts for a while... It'll only get interesting when FV put pen to paper methinks...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Any word on why the seniors didn't play yesterday?

I heard Jimmy Wagg on GMR say yesterday, that adrenaline will get our young lads through a few early games but we need senior pros asap. I think that's true. Physically, Coventry tried to dominate them but at the same time we were guilty of a lot of late challenges. Other refs might not be as forgiving.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Also worth noting that at some point we'll need to score.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:13 pm

I heard Jimmy Wagg on GMR say yesterday, that adrenaline will get our young lads through a few early games but we need senior pros asap. I think that's true. Physically, Coventry tried to dominate them but at the same time we were guilty of a lot of late challenges. Other refs might not be as forgiving.
I believe it's the same reason that Magennis threw in the towel, i.e. the supposed full payment of backdated wages for the last five months that actually turned out to be nothing of the sort. It transpired that five months wages were paid minus tax, but also crucially minus PFA loan, which had been lent on the basis of emergency loan minus tax. Thus the players were taxed at 45% of money that had already been taxed at 50%. They can't get the overpayment back until next April because it has now gone through PAYE.
Magennis threw a fit instantly, the others took time to consider how badly they've been screwed, especially given the media coverage that "The Players Have Been Paid in Full".
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:02 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

I believe it's the same reason that Magennis threw in the towel, i.e. the supposed full payment of backdated wages for the last five months that actually turned out to be nothing of the sort. It transpired that five months wages were paid minus tax, but also crucially minus PFA loan, which had been lent on the basis of emergency loan minus tax. Thus the players were taxed at 45% of money that had already been taxed at 50%. They can't get the overpayment back until next April because it has now gone through PAYE.
Magennis threw a fit instantly, the others took time to consider how badly they've been screwed, especially given the media coverage that "The Players Have Been Paid in Full".
Nixon says it was wages.

Iles says it was that the statement about the injunction that said future of club was at stake spooked them and they were worried about having no insurance should club be liquidated and they be injured.

The wages doesn’t fit for me given they played the week before. It was also not the reason Magennis refused to get on the bus.

The latter reason if true, shows how truly gutless they are. Some of those lads yesterday are paid less than £150 a week and have gone without wages albeit they were paid some earlier by admins. To refuse to play and send the kids out is an absolute disgrace unless they have an incredibly good reason. I’m struggling to think of one that I and the majority of our fan base could accept.

The management and coaching staff are unpaid yet show professionalism in extreme circumstances. Players have had money yet still find reasons not to play.

At the end of the day I will bet every single one is hugely regretting their decision.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 pm

The 5 x senior players (Lowe, Oztumer, Matthews, Murphy & Alnwick) who refused to play yesterday, there is no way back for you, you are no longer welcome at BWFC - so off you go, you weak, soft, spineless wipes we want players who want to play for Bolton Wanderers, not mercenary cowardly shits like you 5 - the kids showed you all up yesterday, everyone of them showed more bottle, heart & respect for the club & the fans than any of you 5 have & will ever do.

So fcuk off and go & enjoy life in League 2 or the conference & never ever show your faces again in Bolton.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Nixon says it was wages.

Iles says it was that the statement about the injunction that said future of club was at stake spooked them and they were worried about having no insurance should club be liquidated and they be injured.
How could anybody possibly believe that?

I've heard some tripe over the last few months but that wins an award.

If the club was liquidated they wouldn't have to worry about a lack of insurance because they wouldn't have been injured because they wouldn't have been playing because there'd be no fxcking club!.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:46 pm

I think they mean if they got injured playing now, and then the club got liquidated and so stopped paying the premiums which I don't think is how it works.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Nixon says it was wages.

How could anybody possibly believe that?

I've heard some tripe over the last few months but that wins an award.

If the club was liquidated they wouldn't have to worry about a lack of insurance because they wouldn't have been injured because they wouldn't have been playing because there'd be no fxcking club!.
If they played yesterday and got injured and then the club disappeared is the point Iles was making...that is what he claims stopped them playing. The statement gave them the fear that they’d be clueless and potentially unprotected should they be injured in that scenario.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm

I’d love to feck the 5 off, but let’s face it we are in a beg borrow and possibly not steal (again) market. Lowe, Alnwick and Oztumer especially are great players at this level. Whatever the hell it is they have now gone and wound up the fan base, but if the takeover gets done and they get stuck in they can still win us back over.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm
I’d love to feck the 5 off, but let’s face it we are in a beg borrow and possibly not steal (again) market. Lowe, Alnwick and Oztumer especially are great players at this level. Whatever the hell it is they have now gone and wound up the fan base, but if the takeover gets done and they get stuck in they can still win us back over.
Being realistic for a minute,(whilst admitting striking and not playing was really bad form) the players aren't to blame for the club placing them in a lousy situation. They play football as professionals and it's their living. The club not only owes them back wages but isn't currently paying them their dues. To tell them they can't claim paid tax back (till next April?) isn't any inducement to feel kindly towards the club. The whole deal stinks and has dragged a famous club through the mud. K.A and Bufoony should be tarred and feathered.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 pm

^^^ surely Prus post covers that? At the moment, the premiums are paid ergo someone gets injured they're covered.

Spottys theory seems more plausible to me
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 pm
^^^ surely Prus post covers that? At the moment, the premiums are paid ergo someone gets injured they're covered.

Spottys theory seems more plausible to me
Absolutely. As long we've paid the premiums, then they are covered. The claim is based on the date injury is incurred. Liquidation is irrelevant.

As for the salary deductions made, surely the loan is a matter between the players and the PFA? Why would BWFC see fit to make a deduction from the players salaries, unless the club was repaying the PFA themselves? Without knowing the arrangements for repayment, i'm not sure that twitter gossip mongers can categorically state one way or the other that this is the reason for them not playing.

Whatever the reason, it's going to have to be a good one to get them back onside.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm

We do not know for sure premiums are being paid as usual do we?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:22 pm
Also worth noting that at some point we'll need to score.

Never bothered us last season.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm
We do not know for sure premiums are being paid as usual do we?
Tbh I've no idea how they're paid, whether via the club, the individual or both. Are they not compulsory? They are for the stadium