Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Freedman out!

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Except that squad IS decent.

Todays 18 are -

Lonergan - Baptiste Knight Mills Ream - Pratley Spearing Davies - Lee Eagles Mason

Ngog Beckford Moritz Vela White Lee-Barrett Medo-Kamara

... & that's without Tierney & the ever-absent Holden, as well as Danns & McNaughton

The players are
a). uninspired
b). ill led
c). confused by his 'tactics'
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:50 pm

He should be sacked immediately after todays latest debacle....as should Gartside

Everything surrounding & related to BWFC over the past few years has been utterly shambolic, fecking shameful how this is being allowed to continue by the BWFC owner & board.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:He should be sacked immediately after todays latest debacle....as should Gartside

Everything surrounding & related to BWFC over the past few years has been utterly shambolic, fecking shameful how this is being allowed to continue by the BWFC owner & board.

perhaps wait at least until the game is actually over??

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:55 pm

thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:He should be sacked immediately after todays latest debacle....as should Gartside

perhaps wait at least until the game is actually over??
Why if we scabbed a late winner would everything suddenly be ok ?

It's shambolic and cannot be allowed to continue

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Getting that late equaliser should alter nothing.

Go Dougie. Just fckg go ... now ... before you do even more damage.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Getting that late equaliser should alter nothing.

Go Dougie. Just fckg go ... now ... before you do even more damage.

'ave a browse on KUMB, bobo - might cheer you up...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote: Nor do I have any agenda against him, but his appointment was a big risk and to me it's not paying off. I thought the same as you until around 7-8 games into this season, when I decided that the stuff he says that sounds good is all hot air and he can't back it up.
This is where I'm at. I don't believe he inherited a good squad but he hasn't improved it with his purchases.
His USP was supposedly tightening us up and making the team fitter and more hard working. Is there any evidenced of this?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: Nor do I have any agenda against him, but his appointment was a big risk and to me it's not paying off. I thought the same as you until around 7-8 games into this season, when I decided that the stuff he says that sounds good is all hot air and he can't back it up.
This is where I'm at. I don't believe he inherited a good squad but he hasn't improved it with his purchases.
His USP was supposedly tightening us up and making the team fitter and more hard working. Is there any evidenced of this?
A little, but based on what I've seen it would if all went according to plan, take Freedman about 3 more years for us to be half decent and that sort of time does not exist.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:57 pm

I'd be happy to wait if Allardyce was going to get sacked in a few weeks and he'd be the one to replace Freedman. That's my ideal scenario and I find myself hoping West Ham lose every game these days, purely in the hope of that scenario unfolding. It's probably unlikely, given how things ended before, but if Allardyce was to get sacked, there'd be no better manager available for us. Maybe Gartside, realising he'd messed up with Megson, Coyle, Lee and Freedman, would be keen to bring him back?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'd be happy to wait if Allardyce was going to get sacked in a few weeks and he'd be the one to replace Freedman. That's my ideal scenario and I find myself hoping West Ham lose every game these days, purely in the hope of that scenario unfolding. It's probably unlikely, given how things ended before, but if Allardyce was to get sacked, there'd be no better manager available for us. Maybe Gartside, realising he'd messed up with Megson, Coyle, Lee and Freedman, would be keen to bring him back?
Too much water under too many bridges, and a corpse by every one of them.

No way would PG bring him back, no way would he come. Also, he's become used to spending big money and that'll not be available to him.

He's already 3 years beyond the date he set to retire.

Iff he gets booted he may just decide to.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:27 pm

So we're waiting out for someone who is currently managing a team in the Premiership that has won 1 in the last 8 games? That's the solution? Great.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:31 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:So we're waiting out for someone who is currently managing a team in the Premiership that has won 1 in the last 8 games? That's the solution? Great.
I think there's a bit more to his CV that you've omitted! :grin:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:38 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:So we're waiting out for someone who is currently managing a team in the Premiership that has won 1 in the last 8 games? That's the solution? Great.
Just talking about his current predicament.

He's not going to come back anyway!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:40 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'd be happy to wait if Allardyce was going to get sacked in a few weeks and he'd be the one to replace Freedman. That's my ideal scenario and I find myself hoping West Ham lose every game these days, purely in the hope of that scenario unfolding. It's probably unlikely, given how things ended before, but if Allardyce was to get sacked, there'd be no better manager available for us. Maybe Gartside, realising he'd messed up with Megson, Coyle, Lee and Freedman, would be keen to bring him back?
You don't really believe that Smoky? A club chairman admitting to four successive bad choices of manager? Not in your wildest mate. Chances of Big Sam and Gartside working together again are slimmer than a Laurel and Hardy revival.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm

The new "Getting sacked in the morning", has to be "He'd get sacked if we could afford it!"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:16 pm

He will get a pittance to spend here as well compared to what he has had to spend at West Ham to have them second bottom.

The manager is an irrelevance. We need to slash the majority of our wage bill just to avoid a penalty next season.

Certainly changing the management and coaching staff is not on the cards. We are in the shit and the only thing the club can do is cut costs till we comply with FFP and in an ideal world break even. Then run the club accordingly, whatever that might mean.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:The new "Getting sacked in the morning", has to be "He'd get sacked if we could afford it!"

:lol:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:33 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Just talking about his current predicament.

He's not going to come back anyway!
No, of course he's not really. Not sure I'd really want him to, he'd consider it beneath him. His cynicism and unpleasantness has plumbed new depths.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Except that squad IS decent.

Todays 18 are -

Lonergan - Baptiste Knight Mills Ream - Pratley Spearing Davies - Lee Eagles Mason

Ngog Beckford Moritz Vela White Lee-Barrett Medo-Kamara

... & that's without Tierney & the ever-absent Holden, as well as Danns & McNaughton

The players are
a). uninspired
b). ill led
c). confused by his 'tactics'

I maybe wrong, as I've been called a stupid c8nt many times previously; but I'm of the opinion a good 8 of our 'first' team squad would walk into any current championship first eleven. A further 3, if not 5 of our 'reserves' would also be included in championship squads. This begs the question, are most of, apart from the odd 4 or 5 championship squads, better than ours? I think resoundingly they are not. So why are we in the fecking position we are in!? The conclusion I come to is that our current manager is out of his depth. Sack the f*cker now. Please.........................

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
He will get a pittance to spend here as well compared to what he has had to spend at West Ham to have them second bottom.

The manager is an irrelevance. We need to slash the majority of our wage bill just to avoid a penalty next season.

Certainly changing the management and coaching staff is not on the cards. We are in the shit and the only thing the club can do is cut costs till we comply with FFP and in an ideal world break even. Then run the club accordingly, whatever that might mean.
Hello sir! :)