Everton away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 am

I'm all for making excuses, but i didn't think the ball went out of play, and i didn't think Lee was fouled either...ball was there to be won, Lee should have belted it in the stand or up the field, game over.

Having said that, i'm getting a bit fooked off with these wonder goals being scored against us ! Beckford is shite, and won't score again now til February probably, and it bugs me that he bent a 'worldy' into the top corner...grrrrrrrrr

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
East Lower wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:Didn't see it.
Would've taken a point.
Bit gutted in the end with said point (it really is the hope that kills you)
Ivan does have a habit with this goal thing
Sounds like Lee needs to learn a lesson from the game

Could be worse. Now let's beat Wolves
Lee also knocked one off the line in the first half, so any condemnation from anyone is over the top.

We need to be undefeated this month, I'd be happy with that.
It was going wide.. But it was there to be cleared. What would you have said if Steinsson was the one who'd cocked up?
Would have ripped him to bits over it, because I don't like Steinsson. Lee has earned a bit of lenience as far as I'm concerned.
Good to see objectivity's still alive and well in the ESL...

:roll:
I make no bones about not being objective :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:14 am

East Lower wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
East Lower wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
East Lower wrote: Lee also knocked one off the line in the first half, so any condemnation from anyone is over the top.

We need to be undefeated this month, I'd be happy with that.
It was going wide.. But it was there to be cleared. What would you have said if Steinsson was the one who'd cocked up?
Would have ripped him to bits over it, because I don't like Steinsson. Lee has earned a bit of lenience as far as I'm concerned.
Good to see objectivity's still alive and well in the ESL...

:roll:
I make no bones about not being objective :D
I know. :-)

Point is it was a poor mistake. Hopefully I'm rather more objective, so I'm not going to hold it against CYL. :-)

But a poor mistake and one that cost us 2 points.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:35 am

I was so relieved when Holden came back on.

Strange how he's become so important to the team in such a short space of time, i can't remember the last Bolton player to seemingly have that effect. Certainly not one who at the time of signing them was just seen as a squad body / look-and-see type of situation.

kt22cliffjumper
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kt22cliffjumper » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:12 pm

ummm, CYL anyone?
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:I was so relieved when Holden came back on.

Strange how he's become so important to the team in such a short space of time, i can't remember the last Bolton player to seemingly have that effect. Certainly not one who at the time of signing them was just seen as a squad body / look-and-see type of situation.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Good point anyway.

This cheered me up though:

They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:57 pm

kt22cliffjumper wrote:ummm, CYL anyone?
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:I was so relieved when Holden came back on.

For 2.2 million, and the publicity that surrounded his transfer? I think we all expected *something* out of him more than being a squad body.

As opposed to 'Stuart Who' , who effectively came on trial and got a short term deal.

He effectively sealed the win for us against Spuds, with his tackle for the 4th goal, and last night his harrying & tackle brought about our goal...i think he's now another 'first name on the team sheet' for OC.

kfaille
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kfaille » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:49 pm

malcd1 wrote:
F4i11uX wrote:where can I watch the highlights of the match? I haven't seen the goals!! any link to see?

thankyou!!
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... d-7511890/
Thanks Man!! :D :pray:
BWFC Fan since 2002, from Santiago, Chile.

midnitefooty
Promising
Promising

Post by midnitefooty » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Was on delayed "live" at 7am here. Stayed away from TW and watched it at the office instead. Let out a huge sigh when they scored with about a second left. Got stares from everyone.
Absolutely gutted. I'm all for positivity but... SIGH.

On the plus side, there's a game tomorrow as well :)

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 pm

In those dying minutes when we are trying to hold onto a one goal lead, i'd love to see Chungy subbed for M. Davies. I know it sounds like the ways of a certain manager from the past, but I can't help thinking that anyone else in our team would have hoofed that ball over the half way line. (I'm only talking a sub in those last few minutes too, not trying to hold onto 1-0 for the last hour.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 pm

24 hours of rationalising on and I'm still gutted..
Not bothered about blamin' anyone, no one tries to feck stuff up..

but I feck hate Everton.. I begrudge them every single solitary point and we were so close!
So close to rammin their plastic mickey mouser faces into the dirt of their nasty little sh1thole of a stadium...

ever since the phantom goal at the Reebok......
I should forgive and forget, it's a long time ago... but I can't...
I feck hate them
even more now because Beckford won't score again until he's back in league 2..... the cunk.......
hate them hate them....
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 am

Well just managed to find time to watch my recording of the game, and as everyone else has said after watching it I'm gutted (again). The simplest thing for Lee to do was to kick the ball into the stands or up the line as there wasn't time left for Everton to do anything about it after that. But I don't blame him, he's a winger not a defender and as such he tried to control the ball and keep it in the corner as a winger would do. I hope he learns that next time to do a Knight and kick it into row ZZ.

An entertaining game from which we created a few chances ourselves and but for an excellent save from Howard from Holden's header we could have scored earlier. But, Everton should have been streets ahead by then with the number of chances that they had, however on the night getting the ball on target and finishing wasn't in their repertoire.

The next three games are now key as we have a chance of getting points from all three if we can keep up the performances and commitment from the last two games. However, Wolves will be the third game in eight days and I'm concerned that some of the players may need a rest. For example Holden looked very tired towards the end of the game and the knock that he got on his achilles tendon could stiffen up and keep him out of the Wolves game.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Klasnic is a dude!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:00 pm

He's on parole, scored a goal.....