Semi Final Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

newboy
Promising
Promising

Re: Semi Final Match Thread

Post by newboy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

mcfcjim wrote:Gotta say, as a City fan I was gutted for your lot today. I think in general you play good football and at times can be a joy to watch.

Stoke however are a bunch of dirty physical longball merchants with that annoying Delap throw.

Gutted for you.

I am supprised however that some of you are so bitter towards us (City) and quiet supprised really.

Shame because Bolton have always been my second team. No idea why and so can only put it down to bitterness at our financial situation.

Why would you hope we dont make top 4? Why would you want spurs to get it?

Amazed.
I for one wish you all the best mate.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

mcfcjim wrote:Why would you hope we dont make top 4? Why would you want spurs to get it?

Amazed.
We've just been hammered 5-0 in an F.A. Cup semi-final and you're seriously expecting people to discuss that?!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Just got back. A quick exit on 80 minutes probably the high point of the afternoon.

I can't be arsed picking over the match, I'm giving up on this for a while. Definitely tonight anyway. If it was up to me I'd put every single one of those spineless c*nts on the transfer list. They can feck off for all I care.

Absolutely bottled it to a man, numbers 1 to 11. The biggest disaster I've ever witnessed.

Pointless having players with no back bone. I don't give a shit who goes in the summer.

I don't care where we finish in the league it means nowt. Intact if the players get bonuses part of me hopes they stuff it up now and finish lower down!

I'm in a 'giving up football' mood tonight! Would of had more enjoyment setting fire to the 150+ sheets it cost me.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:21 pm

newboy wrote:
mcfcjim wrote:Gotta say, as a City fan I was gutted for your lot today. I think in general you play good football and at times can be a joy to watch.

Stoke however are a bunch of dirty physical longball merchants with that annoying Delap throw.

Gutted for you.

I am supprised however that some of you are so bitter towards us (City) and quiet supprised really.

Shame because Bolton have always been my second team. No idea why and so can only put it down to bitterness at our financial situation.

Amazed.
Me too. Just don't become like those arrogant scum from across the city. The guy at the merchandise counter at wembley today was not impressed with the city contingent yesterday. He thought that you had already caught the “billy big boots” syndrome common in parts of salford, trafford and the south of england
The Voice Of Reason

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Who gives as rats arse about city, manure, the arsewipes, chelski, scumpool, or any other other the 'big' clubs. We support Bolton, and everyone else can f@ck off. The only reason Citeh are challenging is because they got bought out, and all the glory hunting muppets that watch football will support you next, then the next team that starts winning, then the next. We dont care about Citeh because Bolton never sold out, your brand of football, because thats all it is, is a brand, a trend, is fake, we are for real, down for life.

mcfcjim
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcfcjim » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:
newboy wrote:

Gutted for you.

Amazed.
Me too. Just don't become like those arrogant scum from across the city. The guy at the merchandise counter at wembley today was not impressed with the city contingent yesterday. He thought that you had already caught the “billy big boots” syndrome common in parts of salford, trafford and the south of england
I think unfortunatley this is a poisen which will infect our club.

@spikeykev. I agree, we will get the glory hunters next. Nothing us real fans can do about it.

Anyway. Ill leave you guys and gals in peace and wish you all the luck in the world.

Respect.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Back home after the shambles today.

When I saw the team sheet I worried about the odd midfield and our ability to win possesion.

When I saw the thousands of empty seats, I got the feeling something was not right.

After being to Wembley 4 times before with BWFC and Cardiff twice, this visit just had the feeling of the fact that we were not going to win.

However, despite the omens, I had no idea how bad we would play. I was especially frustrated with Robbo and Petrov, one for lack of talent, one for lack of effort. Klasnic was terrible. Jussi had lead in his boots. Owen got it terribly wrong.

Stoke were up for it, fans and players and they deserved their win.

Probably our best chance ever to win a trophy, now it has gone.

Still, let's not be doom and gloom. We had a bad day. Calls for refund and free tickets are just nonsense. It happens. Has done before, will do again. Kev D on Twitter sounds very down and embarrased. Just wasn't meant to be.

Hope we finish the season well now, then cash in on Cahill, get Elmander off the books (he is not going to stay), then look at getting in a few quality youngsters and rebuild. Owen we trust. For a club our size and with our finances, we are doing great.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Home now.

Don't know what to say really. Just really disappointed. So much excitement surrounding the game and a great day and occasion and we just didn't perform. Good atmosphere while it lasted (previous to the first 2 goals).

Ah well, gutted.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Still fuming, best bit I did all day was leave just before 4th goal went in, fecking Petrov is lying a living at football, constantly dropping Robbo in it and then just standing there watching his cock ups, Klasnic is as I suspected total and utter shite, pair of them should get together and issue all the fans with a refund, 100 quid which I cannot really afford down the drain, no passion, no commitment just a bloody embarrassment.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Just got home now.

Gutted

But once a Wanderer always a Wanderer.
Pfffft.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 pm

I know others have already discussed it, but I really want to know how Coyle could have got the starting line-up so wrong?

I also want to know why our players were not putting in just as much effort in closing down the opposition as Stoke did. It is perhaps understandable that nerves will have caused some passes to go astray, but a lot of the performance was hard to fathom. Is Coyle such a great motivator after all?

Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Back Home too - only one thing left to be proud of - my 7 year old. Was all up for going early but he put me right: "Dad we'll leave at the end with our heads up high." God love him, but I'm sorry son for all the years ahead in white.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 pm

TKIZ! wrote: once a Wanderer always a Wanderer.

Rub it in why don't you?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:I know others have already discussed it, but I really want to know how Coyle could have got the starting line-up so wrong?

I also want to know why our players were not putting in just as much effort in closing down the opposition as Stoke did. It is perhaps understandable that nerves will have caused some passes to go astray, but a lot of the performance was hard to fathom. Is Coyle such a great motivator after all?
To be fair Bed wetter it was the same team as Spam but without Sturridge, it was the lack of cover from Petrov and mistakes from our defence that let the side down today. Mavies has only just come back from injury so fully respect at the moment Owen's decision not to have him play a full game when the only cover we have is Cohen.
Pfffft.

libreg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by libreg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 pm

What a f*cking sad performance. Everything went wrong for us. When those two (unfortunate) goals went in, we showed that we had absolutely no character to come back. I just hope, more than anything, that it doesn't effect our boys for the rest of the season, as games like this can. That's the biggest problem. The cup is already behind us, but if this mood carried on to our other games... we're f*cked.
Yeah.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Elmander played shit today aswell.

Though I'm not singling him out, it was a photo finish for the first 11.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
TKIZ! wrote: once a Wanderer always a Wanderer.

Rub it in why don't you?
:lol:

Sorry
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:46 pm

A lot of people will be surprised at how easy this was. Stoke City more than most.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 pm

I can hold my head high when we lose by a tighter margin. Just feels like a bad bad bad dream. Only I'm not going to wake up from this.

Five goals and no reply... :(

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Wow. Just, wow. Owen got it so so wrong today. An anything close to fit Mark Davies had to start. We were lumping players in and hoping it would work and they were far far too organised for that. I sympathise with the Webb hating. It's about eight penalties that one on Davo and there is always the nagging thought that if we scored first it would have knocked that wind out of their sails, and maybe, just maybe....

That said, I said it before the game, and I stick by it, I wanted the winner of our tie to win the thing, and I really hope they do it. They were excellent today. The energy, commitment, organisation, pressing, sheer will to win, and in Etherington and Pennant, quality put our lads to shame. Even at 70 mins plus they were in our half pressing us making chances, and it could easily have been 7 or 8. Absolutely fair play to them for that. I was hoping for a laugh one of ours would get voted MotM, coz not a single one was in the top 14 on the pitch.

Bollocks.

Trying to keep knee steady, we need to react now, have a positive end to what has been, even so, an excellent season, and look forward to that Saturday away at Blackpool in May. Some other game will be happening that day, but that should be our cup final now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.