Seeing as no-one else has. HULL.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Seeing as no-one else has. HULL.

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Today could be that day. It's a win, win, win day. COME ON YOU WHITES. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
:mrgreen:
:D to be fair - you do say that every week! :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote: Today could be that day. It's a win, win, win day. COME ON YOU WHITES. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Well, of course, but go on, spoil it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Well, of course, but go on, spoil it. :wink:
:D i always say we'll lose which makes me right more often - but also happy to be wrong - it's a win-win strategy! :wink:

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Heard a Bolton fan on the way out moaning..."fkin 10 minute game...fks sake..."

Dick.

So pleased Pratley got a goal, can't wait to watch it again.

gobenji
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gobenji » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Everybody remember what pants you are wearing today and get them back on on every match day from now on. GET IN!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Heard a Bolton fan on the way out moaning..."fkin 10 minute game...fks sake..."Dick. So pleased Pratley got a goal, can't wait to watch it again.
Aye, we weren't playing any team of consequence even if they are lying second in the league. Same bloke would probably be jumping about if we'd won 1-0 in the last two minutes of extra time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm

gobenji wrote:Everybody remember what pants you are wearing today and get them back on on every match day from now on. GET IN!!
I was wearing work pants; been tiling the kitchen. I'm sure not wearing them every week, she might find me more jobs. :wink:

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 pm

I'll let everyone else rave about our four goals because for me it was the defensive performance that was the most impressive. Barring the first 10 minutes and the last 15, we were barely out of our own half but defended brilliantly across the back four. Yes even Zat Knight was solid. Jay Spearing also did his bit in helping the defence out. I would have preferred us not to be camped in our own half for most of the game even at 3-0 up but it was pleasing to keep them down to just the one goal.

I thought apart from our strikers, everyone played well. Sordell had a poor game, Ngog was quiet and Craig Davies' first touch meant the ball got 10 yards away from him each time he touched it.

Man of the match rightly so was Mark Davies, one of his best performances in a Wanderers shirt, maybe his best. Craig Dawson came a close second though, he was outstanding defensively and we've not had such an attacking threat in the box since Radhi Jaidi!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:46 pm

gobenji wrote:Everybody remember what pants you are wearing today and get them back on on every match day from now on. GET IN!!
It was laundry day.....I was wearing the wife's :oops:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 pm

ChrisC wrote:Few posters missing today. Funny how that happens when we are winning.

If we don't push on and win by 5 or 6, Dougie will still get grief from some because we "should have put them to the sword" or something of the like.
I have an excuse, I was at the game. Bloody shell shocked to say the least :lol:
Pfffft.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Those that were at the game today, did Medo look a good'un when he came on?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Those that were at the game today, did Medo look a good'un when he came on?
Can't say as I noticed much of him....

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Those that were at the game today, did Medo look a good'un when he came on?
He didn't look too shabby couple of class touches and liked to get his foot in, he did get a warning from the ref after being on the pitch for 30secs :lol:
Pfffft.

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Well that's the best game I've been to in a long while. Mind you the first 10 minutes pretty much stunned me so I watched the rest in a bit of a daze, would struggle to give a match report :oops:

Having said that I never felt we were going to capitulate. The team looked much more confident, going 3 up in 8 minutes certainly helped.

Just need to see us build on that with back to back wins. We have to get a result on Tuesday otherwise I fear confidence will plummet again. Hell fire - these games come thick and fast in the Championship. Good though ... when you're winning :)

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Bit harsh on N'Gog, Gail. His link up play was outstanding at times. A real class act.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Bit harsh on N'Gog, Gail. His link up play was outstanding at times. A real class act.
This. Totally agree
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:Heard a Bolton fan on the way out moaning..."fkin 10 minute game...fks sake..."

Dick.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
BWFCi wrote:Game was over inside 10 minutes to be fair.
:wink:

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Dougie's comments after the game to the beeb...speaks highly of Dawson's influence
Dougie Freedman said rather than wrote:Craig Dawson has bought into what we are trying to do and he is a good guy. He has also brought a confidence to Zat Knight and Adam Bogdan.
When the ball gets crossed into crucial areas one of those three are dealing with it. He has got the presence to demand certain standards of people around him and he is bringing the best out of Zat.
It shows you what we are capable of and a result like this has been coming. It's been difficult for the players and the club since they suffered relegation. There has been a lot of expectation but I know how good they can be. It's just very pleasing to beat a good Hull team.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:09 pm

mrkint wrote:Dougie's comments after the game to the beeb...speaks highly of Dawson's influence
Dougie Freedman said rather than wrote:Craig Dawson has bought into what we are trying to do and he is a good guy. He has also brought a confidence to Zat Knight and Adam Bogdan.
When the ball gets crossed into crucial areas one of those three are dealing with it. He has got the presence to demand certain standards of people around him and he is bringing the best out of Zat.
It shows you what we are capable of and a result like this has been coming. It's been difficult for the players and the club since they suffered relegation. There has been a lot of expectation but I know how good they can be. It's just very pleasing to beat a good Hull team.
He's right.

Dawson is the sort of player we needed last season, let alone this.

A proper centre half, heads everything.

Really like him.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
mrkint wrote:Dougie's comments after the game to the beeb...speaks highly of Dawson's influence
He's right.

Dawson is the sort of player we needed last season, let alone this.

A proper centre half, heads everything.

Really like him.

Watching the Derby game, it was almost laughable how much better he looked than just about every other player on the pitch. Whenever the ball went in his direction, I felt confident that he would win the header or make the tackle or play the right pass, and it's been a long time since I've felt that about one of our defenders (since Cahill left, I guess, but Dawson seems to be more of a marshall than Gary, who always struck me as rather shy and quiet).

I know we've seen very little of him, so it's a bit of a silly question, but since we're on the internet I'll put it out there anyway: Would you sell Ngog if it meant we could keep Dawson?