Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 pm

All this squabbling over Dougie's words, he's like a modern-day Nostradamus. I think these numbers may provide the key to the date of the apocalypse if you look into his 'quote' a little more closely.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:46 pm

LeverEnd wrote:All this squabbling over Dougie's words, he's like a modern-day Nostradamus.
We've gone from biblical to seers!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 pm

http://the72.co.uk/11889/bolton-eye-defender-deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are we short of centre halfs??
Ps
Sorry I mention the "3 in 3 out" statement !!!!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Or 'not playing' could be because they're injured!

That name rings a bell, free transfer, defender, exactly our M.O.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I think you have a reading comprehension issue.

What was it? 'Quotes and all that' (or something similar)purporting that at no time had Freedman referred to three in - three out. Then, when I prove you wrong you attempt, without any success, to fudge the issue. There's only one person with 'comprehension issues' on this forum as far as I can see and that's that you cannot accept something in black and white on the grounds that it doesn't tally with your preferred belief.

Now then, for the VERY last time - comprehend this, if you're able to. To bring three players in, three will have to leave. It's really not that difficult. Well, I say that.............. :roll:
(or not play, surely?)

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:33 am

Riviman wrote:http://the72.co.uk/11889/bolton-eye-defender-deal/

Are we short of centre halfs??
Ps
Sorry I mention the "3 in 3 out" statement !!!!
This would mean 1 in and so 1 out or not play... who would that be? Wheater? :conf:

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:09 am

3 IN, , 3 OUT, YER SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!....

OHHHHH DOUGIE, DOUGIE, DOUGIE!!!
Attachments
Black+Lace+-+Hokey-Cokey+-+7'+RECORD-461715.jpg
Black+Lace+-+Hokey-Cokey+-+7'+RECORD-461715.jpg (68.83 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 am

Andy Waller wrote:3 IN, , 3 OUT, YER SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT!....

OHHHHH DOUGIE, DOUGIE, DOUGIE!!!

Just when I thought this thread could not go any lower, Black ferkin Lace really are we that desperate!!! I am now truly depressed and I cannot get that song out of my head. :hang:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 am

We're having a gang bang, We're having a ball, We're having a gang bang, Against the wall........

get that out yer head!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:24 am

doesn't look like Dougie is planning to offload MD... quite the contrary...
“I’ve always said, if Mark is fit, I’ll try and play a system that gives him the ball,” he told The Bolton News.

“While he’s been at this football club he’s perhaps drifted in and out of games and I think the problem is very simple. He hasn’t found his correct position.

“I’ve got a few ideas on that front. I want to get him on the ball and facing goal where he can do some damage.

“We know he’s a very intelligent player and right now I think he’s in good condition.”

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 am

apologies if this has already been said...

Liam Fontaine... Centre-back (SkySpurts)

Liam Fontaine is training with Bolton after ending an eight-year spell with Bristol City in the summer

The 28 year-old left Ashton Gate in the summer following eight years at the club, spending six seasons in the second tier with the Robins before relegation in 2013.

He was also part of the promotion-winning side from League One in 2007, before falling agonisingly short of securing back-to-back promotions when they lost to Hull in the Play-off final twelve months later.

He has spent time on loan at Scottish side Kilmarnock and Yeovil Town, appearing for the latter five times last season in a loan spell lasting until January.

It is believed that the former Fulham man is training with Dougie Freedman’s team, in a bid to impress and earn a deal with the Championship outfit.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:31 am

Another, just what we need.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:37 am

Oracle reckons it's bull and just his agent trying to garner interest
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 am

thebish wrote:doesn't look like Dougie is planning to offload MD... quite the contrary...
“I’ve always said, if Mark is fit, I’ll try and play a system that gives him the ball,” he told The Bolton News.

“While he’s been at this football club he’s perhaps drifted in and out of games and I think the problem is very simple. He hasn’t found his correct position.

“I’ve got a few ideas on that front. I want to get him on the ball and facing goal where he can do some damage.

“We know he’s a very intelligent player and right now I think he’s in good condition.”
It is hard to offload a player nobody has bid for. I think if Davies has a good season or half season and catches the eye without injury, that is the time we might be tested with offers. But as it stands, we need to try and get the best out of him and find a way where he can properly be the centre of things and dictate play.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 am

boltonboris wrote:Oracle reckons it's bull and just his agent trying to garner interest
It took me a moment to realise that you were talking about Nixon there, and not ITV's teletext service.

Then I realised we left the 1980s some years ago.

Oh well.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am

From the brief clips of the Tranmere game he looked about 2 stone overweight - to be honest there were a few that looked like they were carrying excess padding. Do they wear some sort of "sweat the fat off" stuff (bin liners was my favourite but I guess they have something posher) under their kit?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 am

General Mannerheim wrote:We're having a gang bang, We're having a ball, We're having a gang bang, Against the wall........

get that out yer head!
Are you suggesting that Rita, Sue and Bob will be the three coming in?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:19 am

thebish wrote:doesn't look like Dougie is planning to offload MD... quite the contrary...
“I’ve always said, if Mark is fit, I’ll try and play a system that gives him the ball,” he told The Bolton News. “While he’s been at this football club he’s perhaps drifted in and out of games and I think the problem is very simple. He hasn’t found his correct position. I’ve got a few ideas on that front. I want to get him on the ball and facing goal where he can do some damage. We know he’s a very intelligent player and right now I think he’s in good condition.”
... or, if you recall how he built up Eagles this time last year a very worrying statement.

& no, I'm not going back looking for quotes.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:22 am

bobo the clown wrote:
“I’ve always said, if Mark is fit, I’ll try and play a system that gives him the ball,” he told The Bolton News. “While he’s been at this football club he’s perhaps drifted in and out of games and I think the problem is very simple. He hasn’t found his correct position. I’ve got a few ideas on that front. I want to get him on the ball and facing goal where he can do some damage. We know he’s a very intelligent player and right now I think he’s in good condition.”
... or, if you recall how he built up Eagles this time last year a very worrying statement.
only if you're an extreme version of Eeyore... :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 am

bobo the clown wrote:

& no, I'm not going back looking for quotes.
He didn't offload Eagles though because nobody bid for him. And funnily enough he's been a free agent since May and nobody has as yet signed him up either.